Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by WTF
So, what ya gonna do out in the back country and the thing runs outta juice ? Maybe plug it into a currant bush ?

For metro types only.

It's kind of like running out of gas, only dumbasses do it. Metros drive 700 hp cars? Get real.

Boy there are a lot of window tasters here...

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are a ton of direct and indirect subsidies that support Tesla products. For example, we received about $10,000 or so in tax benefits for each Tesla we bought. We also got lower electric rates, free bridge tolls, free access to HOV lanes, free parking at airports, etc. etc. etc. And it's true that there are tax breaks and outright subsidies for fossil fuels as well but it's nowhere near what is being thrown at EVs. You get a bunch of perks for buying an electric car, no doubt about it.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, Musk is no doubt hearing the same things Frank Duryea heard.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by qwk

They didn't have a 4.9 billion subsidy. They had a government loan that they paid back early.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/tesla-pays-off-its-465-million-loser-loan

It pays to do a simple google search before posting, but I guess it's just easier to post lies. There are a lot of posters here that are worse than the communist party that they supposedly hate.

Your gonna get burned on this statement, the "bail out loan" like other car manufactures received were paid back as you've stated.

The Subsidies are a different topic...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Remsen
There are a ton of direct and indirect subsidies that support Tesla products. For example, we received about $10,000 or so in tax benefits for each Tesla we bought. We also got lower electric rates, free bridge tolls, free access to HOV lanes, free parking at airports, etc. etc. etc. And it's true that there are tax breaks and outright subsidies for fossil fuels as well but it's nowhere near what is being thrown at EVs. You get a bunch of perks for buying an electric car, no doubt about it.

Are those federal initiatives or state specific?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That's the way it is with most subsidies.

I see people bitch about oil subsidies, but not when those subsidies are passed on as lower prices at the pump.

I see people bitch about agriculture subsidies, but they sure don't want to pay more at the grocery store, as they would without those in place.

While I can see that some subsidies may be needed, I'm more of a purist where they are concerned. I firmly believe that the natural market would be better. But once govt gets involved, most subsidies are chaotic at best and disastrous at worst.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by WTF
So, what ya gonna do out in the back country and the thing runs outta juice ? Maybe plug it into a currant bush ?.

The “burning bush” that Moses found in the wilderness would probably light it up.

Finding one like that when you need it may be another matter.

DF

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Are those federal initiatives or state specific?

At the time, we lived in CA and the state handed out about $3,000 and the feds about $7,500. California now caps the credits based on income and the fed credit for Teslas has dropped quite a bit due to the number of Teslas that have been sold. All of the other perks were state specific.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

IC B3

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I completely agree. Everything is subsidized. I assume he was talking about the $7500 tax credit per electric vehicle. You have to have $7500 of federal tax due in order to qualify. It is a tax savings like the QBI for small business owners.

It would be better to have a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage, from the lazy to the ambitious. That way one does not get penalized a ton like under the current tax code.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's the way it is with most subsidies.

I see people bitch about oil subsidies, but not when those subsidies are passed on as lower prices at the pump.

I see people bitch about agriculture subsidies, but they sure don't want to pay more at the grocery store, as they would without those in place.

While I can see that some subsidies may be needed, I'm more of a purist where they are concerned. I firmly believe that the natural market would be better. But once govt gets involved, most subsidies are chaotic at best and disastrous at worst.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The thing about subsidies is that someone in govt. gets to pick the winners... and the losers.

With the big bucks involved in subsidies the potential and reality of abuse is huge.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The thing about subsidies is that someone in govt. gets to pick the winners... and the losers.

With the big bucks involved in subsidies the potential and reality of abuse is huge.

Kind of like Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler? They would have been extinct, if it wasn't for the government picking winners/losers. It also wasn't the first bailout for two of those companies.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
THE END

Brought to you by

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't know how it will pan out and which states are talking about it, but on the local news last week they where talking about a yearly tax that may be imposed on EVs. It stated that some states thought the vehicle owners may have to pay a tax roughly equal to the estimated road taxes added to gasoline. EV users where using public road system and not paying upkeep on them. They where talking I think of about $1K per year. Don't know where they came up with that number though. Googled EV tax and came up with Illinois and some others talking about $1K/yearly. Doesn't surprise it was Illinois.

Last edited by ChuckKY; 06/07/19.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah Illinois after that money per always.

It’s kind of funny from a political angle.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Dre
Can’t we all just get a long?

This is the Fire after all.

Now, why would we want to “just get a long”

We’d have only a fraction of the hits, ad revenue would tank, potentially we’d lose this soap box.

So, “ not getting along” may well be the secret to “getting along”.

Ha! So, put that in your pipe and take a couple of puffs.

DF

Lol.
Don’t get your panties in a bunch. puff puff pass brother.
Love to discuss shiiit but sometimes there are a bunch of D bags on here. Everyone’s a bad mo fo behind their key board.
Anyways
Saw this pop up earlier today.
I’m sure there is more on the web
https://newsroom.vw.com/vehicles/me...-zazp378ueFYCo7EcIBXglGsg6zanhlb3cIl9GVk

Last edited by Dre; 06/07/19.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ERK
Tesla runs out of money and into bankruptcy in about a month. Don’t hold your breath for this one. Ed k

Well ... hope you didn’t short Tesla frown

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Well ... hope you didn’t short Tesla frown

Talk is a lot cheaper than funding a short account.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 14,714 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,966
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.