Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wife on her way to work this morning arrived at the last light intersection before turning off to her office. Light is green she starts out into the intersection and BAM...motorcycle slams into the right side of our cherry '98 Chevy truck. Hit her hard enough to actuate the air bag and destroy right front passenger side. She starts vacation Monday and I'm retired so I guess we'll just sit and wait on the insurance companies. I've never seen one drive or look right after a T bone. Oh well, such is life. Damn, I loved that truck. powdr

*Thank God the man on the motorcycle only suffered a broken ankle.

Last edited by powdr; 06/07/19.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T-boned

Hmmmmm

Is that code?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep.

Driver's side on my brand new fhuqking crummy(had less than 100 miles on it). Gal ran a 4-way and I had no moves,but to cringe.

Adjuster said it could "be fixed" and I threw my keys in the center of his chest and told him to get fhuqked.

They cut me a check.

Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i ain't never had a insurance co. to tell me "it can be fixed."

their std story line is it's totaled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Never been - but daughter T-Boned a drunk, turning in front of her.
First vehicles behind her were a deputy sheriff and a city cop.
When I got the call, the deputy told me "Your car is really screwed up!"
I answered "As long as the people involved are OK, it doesn't matter, it's an insurance problem"
Took me a bit to convince the cops that I DIDN'T CARE about the vehicles - just the people. Autos can be repaired or replaced. I'm no good at fixing folks - and really sorry at replacing them!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m thankful she is ok, good woman is priceless!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Stinky, did your new crummy come with a booster seat so you could see over the steering wheel and extended pads on the pedals so you little stubby feetys could reach them? I bet it was real cute. Stank like hell probably.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got t boned by a car load of messicans. Spun my 3500 crew cab 180°, knocked the rear axel out of it, Truck landed on top the trunk of a Toyota and one of my tool boxes broke free and landed on yet another car. Found my Stihl cut off saw half a block down the road. I didn't have a cut, bruise or even get sore the next day.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yep, in college we were in Chicago working over winter break. I was riding shotgun going thru an intersection downtown by the Presidential Towers when I look to my right and read the word "CADILLAC" from about 2 feet away, then lights out. When I came to, that darkly pigmented individual was screaming his head off about his new Fleetwood and how we blew a red light. Unfortunately, he failed to see the cop that was following us. Of course, no insurance. I got a concussion out of the deal and my buddy's Olds was totaled.

Later that night my buddy wanted his Alpine stereo out of the car, so he hopped a cab to the south side where the car was in a yard on MLK Boulevard. The messican cab driver tells us to keep our heads down; "they might shoot at me, but they'll sure as hell shoot at you." Great. He gave us two minutes to get in and out with the stereo.

Good times.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Stinky, did your new crummy come with a booster seat so you could see over the steering wheel and extended pads on the pedals so you little stubby feetys could reach them? I bet it was real cute. Stank like hell probably.

Oooopsie!

[Linked Image]

You poor poor(literally),Lying Kchunt.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got T- Boned by a drunk doing 65 mph.
He hit right behind my driver's seat in the extra cab of my Chevy 4x4.
The impact flipped my truck onto it's roof, caving in all of the glass.
We were hung upside down by our seat belts.
We climbed out the shattered windows to safety.
Horrible experience.

Proud NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don’t ask. Don’t tell.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Twice. Both times it was the other guy’s fault. Both times they totaled my truck. First truck was brand new... three weeks old. I hadn’t even made the firs payment yet.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I got T- Boned by a drunk doing 65 mph.
He hit right behind my driver's seat in the extra cab of my Chevy 4x4.
The impact flipped my truck onto it's roof, caving in all of the glass.
We were hung upside down by our seat belts.
We climbed out the shattered windows to safety.
Horrible experience.

Jesus. Hope the drunk got what he/she deserved

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In August of 2016 my wife and I were t-boned by a woman that ran a red light while texting. It blew all of the air bags and totaled our 2013 Avalanche with 32,000 miles on it. She hit about two feet in front of my drivers side door and the cops couldn't believe we walked away. Her engine was damn near out of the car pretty much held in by belts and hoses. Bonus to the whole thing is that she was uninsured.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

WTF is wrong with you?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the mid 70's I acquired a 1960 International Scout 4x4 that was in pretty good shape but had some rust through spots and needed paint. I spent many hours fixing it up and painting it and shortly after I had it cherry some dumb ass t-boned the drivers side. I wasn't seriously hurt but boy was I pissed!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She is Delusional,Medicated and a straight up Retard...in no particular fhuqking order.

But "BEWARE!",because she has PROCLAIMED Imaginary Pretend Ignore!

LAUGHING!

The poor poor(literally) Brokedick Fhuqk.

Hint.............

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Stick, I like your style in this particular situation whether you like me liking it or not.

But would you please tell me WTF a crummy is?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A crummy,is simply the rig you drive.

Hint..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 742 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.