R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Dre
Anyone putting a 2" lift on a Ridgeline also wears skinny jeans and a cowboy hat.

LOL, that's a good one, but you'd be surprised.
here is my old girl.... Putting flame suit on NOW.
[Linked Image]
I DO miss her. Out of 2 rangers, one nissan hard body, 1 F150, 2 dodge ram diesels. which I still currently own.
The Ridgeline was the most comfortable and practical for every day use.
Yeah, I have my cummins to tow my 5th wheel or dump trailers. But getting kids from school , lowes or HD runs, long distance hunting and fishing trips in comfort... with a lockable trunk that can be used as an ice chest? Hands down the best every day truck.
sure Tacos will out wheel it, but I if you live in the city, your truck will be used for city driving 99.9% of the time and I'm not about show or having to prove something.
I don't know if the OP has sat in tacomas, but I hate their seating position.To me, It is like a go cart. I'm not in teenager any more.
Had a friend come down to visit once and I drove him back home to Portland , out of Palm Springs. 1000 miles one way. we did in 18 hours straight and he likes comfort....he drives Lexus LS. He couldn't believe the comfortable seat of the Ridgeline. So if you have 3000 miles to go, its at least worth a shot.

We have a honda pilot. So your rig without a box. I do like it for what it is....a truck it ain't.

This is my rig now.. https://imgur.com/a/QdDGTA4
Is this what I need to be part of this cool truck gang? Or it has to be an uncomfortable Toyota?
The tent and all the gear don’t fit in one truck and need a small trailer. So You’re saying a comfortable mid size can’t handle small trailer and 1000 or 1500 lbs worth of gear? Or need a full size v8 or diesel to be seen in the woods. Lol
I’m glad I don’t have image issues

Dre welcome to truck club.

The 1st rule about truck club
Is you dont talk about truck club.

The 2nd rule about truck club
Is you dont talk about truck club!!!

The 3rd rule about truck club.
Is Honda Ridgelines are not trucks.
laugh

Last edited by renegade50; 06/11/19.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Looks like you peed your bloomers

We were drinking.

What's the problem?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

[Linked Image]

Clic Pic for details

Wow is that cool. I think we have a winner.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I’ve only sat in a few Tacomas, and I may as well have been sitting in a Vette. My legs were straight out in front of me, and my azz down in a hole. If that’s some folks’ idea of a “cross country vehicle”, more power to ‘em...

Agree and it seems like a jeep cherokee is about the same .

I went from the 89 toyota 4x4 truck I mentioned to a 1997 f-150 w/a 4.6 [281c.i.] v-8 , similar fuel economy , no comparison in the towing department and far more comfortable and the f-150 would leave the toyota in its dust. . The 97 F-150 was a lease 'smart way to do it' according to my CPA - anyway took it back at the end of the lease told the dealership what I wanted F-150 Lariat ,Red , 5.4 Triton with towing package . When it arrived I went to swap trucks - at the front door is a maroon colored truck - I said to myself -they'll say there's your Red truck - sure enough I was asked 'how do you like it ? I said where is it ? - told them I didn't say maroon -I said red - - it's called medium torridor red . They couldn't get a red one so tried to push me into the maroon color that I didn't like .

I sold cars [toyota] during the winter months when I owned a jet ski rental business in biloxi - the latest greatest Toyota T-100 [1993] had seats designed by some genius team of engineers who designed the seats for the space shuttles the toyota advertising proclaimed . I drove a T-100 to Bay Saint Louis , Ms.20-25 miles then back so 40-50 miles ,, to this day I've never ridden in a more uncomfortable POS . Some of the salesmen asked what I thought about it - I said it 100% sucks , a salesman Mickey Campo said yes indeed it sucks .

Thanks for the ideas and such I think I'll stick with a full size truck or suv .

If you're such an expert on trucks why'd you even start the thread?

If you don't like it...why did you bother to respond?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Toyota.......problem is it's hard to find a nice used one because people tend to hang on to them.

And also because they rust away faster than an ice cream bar melts in the desert.

Where you live they do....and so does everything else.

Guess again.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by Dre
Anyone putting a 2" lift on a Ridgeline also wears skinny jeans and a cowboy hat.

LOL, that's a good one, but you'd be surprised.
here is my old girl.... Putting flame suit on NOW.
[Linked Image]
I DO miss her. Out of 2 rangers, one nissan hard body, 1 F150, 2 dodge ram diesels. which I still currently own.
The Ridgeline was the most comfortable and practical for every day use.
Yeah, I have my cummins to tow my 5th wheel or dump trailers. But getting kids from school , lowes or HD runs, long distance hunting and fishing trips in comfort... with a lockable trunk that can be used as an ice chest? Hands down the best every day truck.
sure Tacos will out wheel it, but I if you live in the city, your truck will be used for city driving 99.9% of the time and I'm not about show or having to prove something.
I don't know if the OP has sat in tacomas, but I hate their seating position.To me, It is like a go cart. I'm not in teenager any more.
Had a friend come down to visit once and I drove him back home to Portland , out of Palm Springs. 1000 miles one way. we did in 18 hours straight and he likes comfort....he drives Lexus LS. He couldn't believe the comfortable seat of the Ridgeline. So if you have 3000 miles to go, its at least worth a shot.

We have a honda pilot. So your rig without a box. I do like it for what it is....a truck it ain't.

This is my rig now.. https://imgur.com/a/QdDGTA4
Is this what I need to be part of this cool truck gang? Or it has to be an uncomfortable Toyota?
The tent and all the gear don’t fit in one truck and need a small trailer. So You’re saying a comfortable mid size can’t handle small trailer and 1000 or 1500 lbs worth of gear? Or need a full size v8 or diesel to be seen in the woods. Lol
I’m glad I don’t have image issues

I don't care what you drive but thinkin up your skin a little eh? I don't like toyota seats either. Whoever said it's like sitting in a vette is right. I don't like Ford seats either. Love Chevy seats but the rest of the truck seems to be a pile of crap.

The honda pilot truck like thing has comfy seats. I've been in one plenty. Whatever makes your socks go up and down dude...it just doesn't do it for me. I have no use for one. I pull things every weekend that the ridgeline or pilot can't. I also have the box full on a regular basis. Even moreso since I decided to try the dumb-ass shorty-short box. Never again for that either! lol

O
O
1994 4 Banger Toyota pickup:

Lock right lockers
Headers
Cat back system
Line X bed liner
Tweaked engine control module
Demountable 6,000 pound winch

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After having two pickups with the 5-5.5' beds, I think my next one will be 6.5' bed. There's enough room there to put in a skinny tool box and still fit a medium-sized ATV. When my work/travel requires an ATV, it's far handier to have it in the bed instead of pulling a trailer everywhere.

Now with even more aplomb
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Okiehog

Lock right lockers
Headers
Cat back system
Line X bed liner

[Linked Image]

I like that

Something clever here.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Lock right lockers
Headers
Cat back system
Line X bed liner

[Linked Image]

Sweet, I had that exact truck, didn’t look that good even when I bought mine, used :-) that is one sweet looking truck you have, can’t kill the damn things!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Lock right lockers
Headers
Cat back system
Line X bed liner

[Linked Image]

Pretty sweet.
I had a 96 Tacoma that looked similar to yours. 4-banger, 5-speed, 4x4, 31x10.50 BFG All Terrains. Same color as yours, but no stripe down it. It was one of my favorite trucks I've had. I sold it because I got married, got a dog, and had a kid on the way...so I ran out of room.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Lock right lockers
Headers
Cat back system
Line X bed liner

[Linked Image]

Nice!!!

And nice 1st post!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

[Linked Image]

Clic Pic for details

We didn't ever have one, I've never spent much time in one, but, this was my 1st thought based upon the original post. The only downside is that a person is going to spend 50-75% of what a brand new full-size pickup/SUV costs to update and bullet-proof an old Wagoneer for the long-distance trips from the OP.

Figure you're most likely going to have to fix rust. Doors, windows, and tailgate need new seals. Every hose, vacuum/fuel/brake line should be replaced. Suspension/steering would all need a refresher. If you're doing it "right" it should be re-wired as well, the shielding is certainly brittle by now and the wires may be as well. A good EFI V-8 and auto/OD transmission would be really nice, and top it all off with a LOT of sound-proofing.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by horse1
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

[Linked Image]

Clic Pic for details

We didn't ever have one, I've never spent much time in one, but, this was my 1st thought based upon the original post. The only downside is that a person is going to spend 50-75% of what a brand new full-size pickup/SUV costs to update and bullet-proof an old Wagoneer for the long-distance trips from the OP.

Figure you're most likely going to have to fix rust. Doors, windows, and tailgate need new seals. Every hose, vacuum/fuel/brake line should be replaced. Suspension/steering would all need a refresher. If you're doing it "right" it should be re-wired as well, the shielding is certainly brittle by now and the wires may be as well. A good EFI V-8 and auto/OD transmission would be really nice, and top it all off with a LOT of sound-proofing.

All good suggestions, but having owned a grand Wagoner I found it limited off road, especially so in elk country type terrain. JMO.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned one of the best 4 x 4s ever, the first Ford Broncos

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned one of the best 4 x 4s ever, the first Ford Broncos

There aren't many left!

I had a 79 and it was a blast to say the least! Holy keeerist did it suck gas!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There aren't many left!

79, was that the big model? I'm thinking of the very first model. Have seen them on mountains jeeps couldn't make it up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Toyota 4Runner

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

There aren't many left!

That's why I wouldn't mention them. Two friends of mine had them and goodness did they suck gas.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (300_savage, AB2506, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 662 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,224
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.