Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Don't pay any attention to anything TRH posts about Israel. He's an ignorant bigot.

Facts sometimes seem bigoted.
Why not document facts that refute TRHs assertions?
The Holy Spirit leads and guides into ALL truth.
The Jews murdered our sailors, in callous ungrateful betrayal.
They will do it again and again, as when the Rosenburgs attempted to give the bomb to Stalin.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
GB4

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
To respond to the thread title, Yes!

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Lovely people, bringing communism, hollywood, the US press, and corruption to our doorstep.

"Rick Wiles is an American radio host and pundit. He is the founder of TruNews, which is known for promoting racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Wikipedia"

So authoritative. Particular on this question. grin

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Don't pay any attention to anything TRH posts about Israel. He's an ignorant bigot.

They will do it again and again, as when the Rosenburgs attempted to give the bomb to Stalin.

The US and Israeli governments investigated and concluded it was a mistake. That's the facts, Jack.

I hope you're not an ignorant bigot too.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Lovely people, bringing communism, hollywood, the US press, and corruption to our doorstep.

"Rick Wiles is an American radio host and pundit. He is the founder of TruNews, which is known for promoting racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Wikipedia"

So authoritative. Particular on this question. grin

]

So dragging out a 52 year old incident, trying to claim it was intentional and we should really hate the jews for it isn't anti semitic?

If it looks like a turd, and it smells like a turd, it's a turd.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At the National Cryptologic Museum outside NSA headquarters in Maryland is a display about the USS Liberty. There are several artifacts, the US flag, and the skipper's MoH certificate. The certificate describes the attacks and his heroic actions in saving his ship. Nowhere is the nationality of the attackers mentioned.

IIRC, his MoH ceremony was not conducted at the White House and the medal presented by the President as is customary, but at Navy Yard with presentation by an assistant Secretary of the Navy. I can't confirm any of this, just a recollection from somewhere.

Edit: Apparently correct. In a typical case, McGonagle received his Medal of Honor not from the president in a White House ceremony, as was the norm, but from the Navy secretary in a nondescript room at the Washington Navy Yard.

Whatever one may think of the Israelis, they are certainly ruthless in defending their national interests.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 06/12/19.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Right out of the Bolshevik play book, play the ignorant bigot card.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If it looks like a turd, and it smells like a turd, it's a turd.

You're talking about Jews I assume.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
At the National Cryptologic Museum outside NSA headquarters in Maryland is a display about the USS Liberty. There are several artifacts, the US flag, and the skipper's MoH certificate. The certificate describes the attacks and his heroic actions in saving his ship. Nowhere is the nationality of the attackers mentioned.

IIRC, his MoH ceremony was not conducted at the White House and the medal presented by the President as is customary, but at Navy Yard with presentation by an assistant Secretary of the Navy. I can't confirm any of this, just a recollection from somewhere.

Whatever one may think of the Israelis, they are certainly ruthless in defending their national interests.

Paul

1) Israel is prominently mentioned at the National Cryptologic Museum at NSA - https://www.nsa.gov/about/cryptologic-heritage/museum/exhibits/#uss_liberty so this "fact" is easily repudiated. The museum is an excellent one and well worth a visit to those not afraid of facts.

2) There have been lots of MoH that have not been presented by the president. The "secret" ceremony was held by the SecNav at the Navy Yard. You know, his office with many in attendance. Kind of a logical place if the President wasn't available. No different than the Sec of War presenting Staff Sergeant Maynard H. Smith.

3) Every bit of evidence, of which there is a LOT and all of which has been declassified, even from sensitive sources, has documented what this was, a tragic accident. Not the first time and not the last.

TRH takes his role as the leading provider of agenda driven fake news on the CF very seriously. Going up against him for it is going to endanger his Kook of the Year award. You've been warned. He really covets that award and he will defend it by upping the volume and kookiness of his posts of fringe "they don't want you to know" and "the man is keeping this down" and "this was just uncovered from secret archives" videos (and of course, don't bring up pitbulls, shower guns or strange pickup trucks). I assume that's the case anyway as pretty much no one is dumb enough to believe the crap he posts but then the lack of intellectual curiosity and honesty on the CF does astound me sometimes.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks, Pugs.

I have visited the museum and it is, as you say, well worth a visit.

I did not recall or mean to imply that the exhibits didn't mention the Israeli involvement, but the certificate itself. I noticed that when I looked at it, but my recollection may not be correct.

Thanks also for your clarification of the protocols for awarding of the MoH.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

The US and Israeli governments investigated and concluded it was a mistake. That's the facts, Jack.

I hope you're not an ignorant bigot too.

When I was a snipe an officer gave me a direct command to keep silent and not voice the truth about an incident. I believe the 3rd class hull tech, not official published reports. Official reports get groomed with lies.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not recall or mean to imply that the exhibits didn't mention the Israeli involvement, but the certificate itself. I noticed that when I looked at it, but my recollection may not be correct.

Thanks also for your clarification of the protocols for awarding of the MoH.

Paul

Paul apologies if I read more into your post than you meant to. If you look at other Medal of Honor Citations, at least those since Korea, rarely mention the nationality of the enemy. Usually it's "enemy", "Insurgent" or something like "attackers" - Ground citations do mention location but at sea they just mention the general area like "eastern med" so the omission seems to be historical.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pat85

In this case it's the truth. As it applies to Israel, TRH is an ignorant bigot.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
John McCain's ole man must have really been busy that summer what with covering up the Liberty and Forrestal debacles.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You are spitting on the Navy vets who survived that horror.
Go back to your MENSA club meeting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bull. The honor of those men is tainted by people who distort their bravery as part of a giant conspiracy. Their bravery was all about saving the ship and their loyalty to each other as shipmates and Americans. To distort it beyond that is despicable.

We had three of the crew speak at NTTC Corry when I was there in 1988 for basic airborne EW school. Their character and bravery spoke of the pride they took in the ship and mission. It was a humbling inspiring experience as an Ensign with no fleet experience to hear what they went through.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I've done no such thing. I made no reference to the sailors themselves, just to TRH.
Please pay closer attention to the actual content of my posts.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Fog of war....

What’s next, you gonna accuse the 8th Air Force of deliberately targeting the 30th Infantry Div during Cobra?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Pugs

Paul

1) Israel is prominently mentioned at the National Cryptologic Museum at NSA - https://www.nsa.gov/about/cryptologic-heritage/museum/exhibits/#uss_liberty so this "fact" is easily repudiated. The museum is an excellent one and well worth a visit to those not afraid of facts.

2) There have been lots of MoH that have not been presented by the president. The "secret" ceremony was held by the SecNav at the Navy Yard. You know, his office with many in attendance. Kind of a logical place if the President wasn't available. No different than the Sec of War presenting Staff Sergeant Maynard H. Smith.

3) Every bit of evidence, of which there is a LOT and all of which has been declassified, even from sensitive sources, has documented what this was, a tragic accident. Not the first time and not the last.

TRH takes his role as the leading provider of agenda driven fake news on the CF very seriously. Going up against him for it is going to endanger his Kook of the Year award. You've been warned. He really covets that award and he will defend it by upping the volume and kookiness of his posts of fringe "they don't want you to know" and "the man is keeping this down" and "this was just uncovered from secret archives" videos (and of course, don't bring up pitbulls, shower guns or strange pickup trucks). I assume that's the case anyway as pretty much no one is dumb enough to believe the crap he posts but then the lack of intellectual curiosity and honesty on the CF does astound me sometimes.

i think trh would post this any way, given his antisemitic viewpoint, but i think he's butthurt over the other thread with about 8000 views now that didn't go his way. i keep wanting to ask, if he is still carrying a 1911 into the shower in a ziploc bag?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Paul_C
Fog of war....

What’s next, you gonna accuse the 8th Air Force of deliberately targeting the 30th Infantry Div during Cobra?

or what about right after D day, when those bombers blew the crap out of those american ground pounders?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,107
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.