Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Me the family, the S-I-L and her brood were in a restaurant in Gatlinburg, TN., had ordered, waiting for food, and across the room a young couple trying to eat, with 2 yo screaming like there's no tomorrow......

I ask mom, holding the child, and not able to eat....... 'if you let me, I'll hold him and you can eat'......... she did, he got quiet, we walked around the room looking at all the stuffed animal heads on the wall, THEY got to eat in peace.... at least once, the other patrons didn't have to listen to the screaming, little one had a much better time for a few minutes, I never got out of sight of mom and dads table..............

Just the other day I was going into Home Depot and a mom with 4 or 5 yo coming out in one of those buggys that have a seat and a steering wheel for the little ones.......... as they passed I stopped and asked '....excuse me young man, can I see your drivers license...'?????

He grinned, looked at mom.......... mom busted a gut!!!!

I have yet to have a GFY............... will deal with it when/if I ever get one..............

IMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by viking
i See where Flave is coming from. Better to be safe than sorry these days.

I see where he's coming from too. Parents have every right to set boundaries, and everyone else needs to honor those boundaries. But his post wasn't directed to parents, it was directed to old people and "old people need to back off "is a little too general for me.

I'd say most old men should back off. But there's a big difference in a 60-something greaseball in a wife-beater with tats vs. a 90 year-old woman barely moving in a walker. It's a shame that some can't register subtle nuances like that. And anyone who'd tell that woman to "fugg off" for talking to his kids is a douchebag in my opinion.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you have personal or professional experience with child molester?

I don’t have kids, but I am very aware that they are walking around at any age.

Personally, I would find it odd that an adult would want to engage in a passing play date with a strangers kid.

A stranger helping a parent by picking up a dropped toy at a grocery store the parent didn’t see their child drop, but hears “Here you go little one” or whatever, wouldn’t generate hostility from me...

Sitting next to my kid and trying to engage in a conversation without first addressing me for approval would...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Originally Posted by Barkoff
More than ten times I have come across young cub scouts or girl scouts, with a parent, selling cookies out front of a store, I stop and talk with them a few minutes, tell them about when I was a cub scout..is that OK?

Just know that any kids that are old enough to grasp the conversation more than likely rolled their eyes and talked about you as soon as you walked away.

Old dude with new balances “back when I was in the scouts we didn’t have a Walmart we had to go door to door”

13 year old number 1: can’t believe he only bought 1 box after telling us that story”

13 year old number 2: yeah and he smelled like my grandpa

Maybe, or maybe just your cynicism...either way what would i care if they got a laugh at out of me?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do not initiate any contact with children whether or not they are accompanied by an adult . After many years of close association with and working with our local sheriff and my wife's work with abused kids through her pediatric office I am very leery of men who show an interest in gabbing with young kids. I bet most families have the odd male relative that likes to hold kids on his lap and tickle and tease them. Avoid them like the plague. I have a beautiful outgoing 7 year old granddaughter that I worry about. She introduces herself to everybody we come in contact with and asks their name and where they are from, which is a wonderful thing to be so self assured and interested in others. But I am going to have to ask my daughter and my wife to explain dirty old men to her because she thinks everybody is a good person and a potential friend.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm not butt hurt about anything, sport because I don't talk to other people's kids. But I've known a few older folks, mostly like someone else said older ladies who did. Including my late mother-in-law who was one of the sweetest, gentlest people you could know.

And I don't care what she did, if you had told her to "fugg off" in my presence I wouldn't have been the one to be butt hurt.

This reminds me of when my son was just a tiny little guy. I was in an HEB in South Texas and some old, old, old lady walked up to my son and and gently touched his hair and started saying some schit about eggs and eyes.

I take my left arm and gently push her hand away and said "Hey lady. What the fugk are you doing? Get your own fugking kid."

She looked at me like I was El fugking Diablo in the flesh. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. Grabbed my son's hand and went to check out. There was literally a circle of Mexicans just staring at us with their mouths open.

Later at work I explained the story and everyone busted up laughing. Apparently it's some sort of Mexican voodoo bullschit. Evil eyes drain power so you gotta touch the kid or something. I told them all if their wives or mothers do that schit they better stop or they're gonna end up face down in the Nueces. Not everyone is born and raised in bum fugk Mexico.

LMAO. Touching somebody else's kid? WTF? Fugk off old lady.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it amusing that if anyone came here and posted " I took the six your old boy next door to the range", everyone would be patting him on the back.

Could then be asked, why would any normal man want to take a six year old boy who is not their own, to the range, or fishing?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Personally, I would find it odd that an adult would want to engage in a passing play date with a strangers kid.

A stranger helping a parent by picking up a dropped toy at a grocery store the parent didn’t see their child drop, but hears “Here you go little one” or whatever, wouldn’t generate hostility from me...

Sitting next to my kid and trying to engage in a conversation without first addressing me for approval would...😎

Do I?

Professional yes, personal no.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I find it amusing that if anyone came here and posted " I took the six your old boy next door to the range", everyone would be patting him on the back.

Could then be asked, why would any normal man want to take a six year old boy who is not their own, to the range, or fishing?

I wouldn't pat you on the back.

I'd call you a moron at best.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I wouldn't pat you on the back.

I'd call you a moron at best.

Now you are just getting nasty, I guess the intelligent debate is over with..have a nice day.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

I'd say most old men should back off. But there's a big difference in a 60-something greaseball in a wife-beater with tats vs. a 90 year-old woman barely moving in a walker. It's a shame that some can't register subtle nuances like that. And anyone who'd tell that woman to "fugg off" for talking to his kids is a douchebag in my opinion.

You think four year old's know the difference.

They don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Do I?

Professional yes, personal no.

Understand completely....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I'm not butt hurt about anything, sport because I don't talk to other people's kids. But I've known a few older folks, mostly like someone else said older ladies who did. Including my late mother-in-law who was one of the sweetest, gentlest people you could know.

And I don't care what she did, if you had told her to "fugg off" in my presence I wouldn't have been the one to be butt hurt.

This reminds me of when my son was just a tiny little guy. I was in an HEB in South Texas and some old, old, old lady walked up to my son and and gently touched his hair and started saying some schit about eggs and eyes.

I take my left arm and gently push her hand away and said "Hey lady. What the fugk are you doing? Get your own fugking kid."

She looked at me like I was El fugking Diablo in the flesh. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. Grabbed my son's hand and went to check out. There was literally a circle of Mexicans just staring at us with their mouths open.

Later at work I explained the story and everyone busted up laughing. Apparently it's some sort of Mexican voodoo bullschit. Evil eyes drain power so you gotta touch the kid or something. I told them all if their wives or mothers do that schit they better stop or they're gonna end up face down in the Nueces. Not everyone is born and raised in bum fugk Mexico.

LMAO. Touching somebody else's kid? WTF? Fugk off old lady.

I'd agree that touching someone else's kid is out of bounds but I thought your thread was about talking to someone else's kid??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I may talk with a kid, it's never been a problem. This is primarily with babys being held by a parent, and seldom more than anything which would be considered a polite complement. There is imo a rapid decline in cuteness the further away from that stage the child becomes.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

They don't.

Not my point. My point is about telling "old people" in general to fugg off if they speak to your kid. The greaseball should know better and should stay away. And you should know better than to tell a 90 year-old woman in a walker to "fugg off" for speaking to your kid in a public place.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They don't.

When will your 4 yr old son ever be alone?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

The assumption by some here is that because they aren't predators there wouldn't be a "problem". But from a knowledgeable/thinking parents' point of view, all it takes is few minutes on your local sexual and violent offenders registry anyone can find on their 'puter and it becomes very evident where Deflave is coming from.

The other side of the coin is the distinct possibility of being falsely charged with one form or another of assault for engaging with someones' kid. There are some very sick parents out there that use their children as tools and wouldn't bat an eye at making a buck off them.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there's a time and place for saying things to kids. I was riding my bike down the path Wednesday. Two parents walking. Their two kids on bikes out ahead of them. I scrubbed off speed to pass with minimal disparity. I said hello to the parents. As I passed the little girl I told her I like the color of her bike. Then I passed the little boy and told him his bike was really cool. He responded by squealing something in excitement and simulated whacking the throttle repeatedly with his right hand. Had either parent told me to fugk off, I am not sure how I would have reacted. It certainly wouldn't keep me from doing the same thing again.

When I caught a foul ball at a triple A game last week, I asked the kid next to me if he wanted it. He was thrilled. We shared a fist bump. If his dad had told me to fugk off I don't know how I would have reacted. I would have moved to a new seat. I don't like being near cockholes. It wouldn't keep me from doing the same thing again.

Context matters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They don't.

Not my point. My point is about telling "old people" in general to fugg off if they speak to your kid. The greaseball should know better and should stay away. And you should know better than to tell a 90 year-old woman in a walker to "fugg off" for speaking to your kid in a public place.

You see, the problem is not with an adult who means no harm talking to a child, the problem is you and deflave who have a paranoia and dislike of most strangers they come across. Well that is on you.

When my mother was a school teacher she used to take her kids to the old folk's home, because she understood how the old folks would enjoy interacting with the kids, she encouraged her students to talk with old people to learn. These were sixth graders.

Last week I gave a gal who has a couple of kids $100 bucks to take her kids to the Boardwalk, I knew should could not afford to do so...gee, am I a "normal man" for doing so?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you let your kids out on Halloween?
Not no, but HELL NO!
Its not paranoia, its creating boundaries and expecting other people to honor them.......

A little paranoia is a good thing, it keeps you alert and you avoid a lot of trouble

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 19 invisible), 14,557 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,985
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.