Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
What does the zippy tie do?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I hid a Foxpro in a couple guys wall tent during an elk hunt. I hid in the brush with the remote and waited for them to return just as it was getting dark. I let them get a hand on the zipper and hit Bobcat in Heat. They both about chit themselves. It was like the cartoons where they run in the air....😂

+1

Good one!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Grandads brother, Uncle Jack lived on a hill between Grandads farm and town. As kids when we walked by on the way to town his old black mouth cur cow dog would come down the hill and get after us. He would bite if not scared back with a stick.

My older cousins lured it into an old chicken coop at Grandads one day when it was making the rounds and locked it up for several days. We would then stop by Uncle Jacks and visit on our way to get a soda pop at Maxeys store on Hwy 59 just north of town. Luther and Johnny would ask Jack where killer was and Jack got concerned after a few days. My older cousins told him about the rabies going around in the next county.

One day Sammy stayed behind and after we had been gone a while and were visiting Uncle Jack he fed killer the beaten egg whites and quinine the older ones had mixed up.

Of course they saw killer come out of the woods across the dirt road and head up the open hill toward home when they remarked he seemed to be travelling funny and was foaming at the mouth.

Uncle Jacks shotgun and a load of buckshot ended our fear of killer on our trips to town.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/17/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Was on another elk hunt when we came across a half starved to death bear/cougar hound out in the woods. We coaxed him into the truck with sandwiches and were eventually able to make out the name tag on his collar (broken antenna) and called the owner who said he couldn't come pick him up for a few days. Wife's aunt and uncle had a couple fat labs that would bark and torment the poor guy but knew where the end of his rope was. Well, we added another length of rope one day when they were in town. Those dumbazz dogs (Spike and Mike) didn't know what hit them the next time they tormented him. Jackass owner showed up a few days later, came into camp, cut the rope, took his dog, and didn't say thanks, kiss my ass, nothing. He's a pretty well known guide out of Holden, Utah, who went down as a royal douchebag in my book after that, but it was worth it seeing the cloud of dust and fur when his hound rolled those those two labs......lol

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My 85 year old Uncle swears when he was a teenager an old farmer down the road dug post holes for a few days, digging then plopping a post in the hole but not filling or tamping. Guess he was gonna run a string and do them all at once. Anyway, uncle said him and three other boys went out at night, pulled the posts out of the holes, filled and tamped everyone of them back shut. Said the guy was out there redigging them but made sure to fill and tamp each one as he went.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guys on the crew put giant zip ties on everybody's drive shafts. You take off and the [bleep] slap slap slap underneath your truck. Until you realize what happened you think your transmission is falling off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
What does the zippy tie do?

Makes a ticking sound or worse.

Makes you think your truck is fugged up.

👍👍

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Back in my Army days, we superglued tire air stems to the road wheels of a Bradley fighting vehicle. Those are metal wheels with a solid rubber rim. He went to the tool room to sign out an air pressure gauge, when it registered no air-pressure, he figured that the gauge was bad and went to the tool room to sign out another. When he brought the second one back thinking that it was also broken, the guy that ran the tool room started to ask questions.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I was stationed at Fort Drum, the aviator crew members/mechanics in our unit had an extra set of skids for a OH-58 observation helicopter. In the winter, it was a real risk of having the skids freeze to the ground. Every once in a while, they would prank the pilots by running out on the tarmac with the skids after a bird lifted off and have someone call to the pilots that they lost their skids.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Buddy's worked at an ice plant summer after highschool. Other Buddys went to the beach, one left his car at our house. Every night for a week, buddy brought home a giant roll of shrink wrap. We took turns drinking and making laps around that car, a Plymouth fury. By the time he got home it was a 3" thick plastic ball. He had to take a machete and chop through it!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was working 3rd shift at a factory after I got outta the Army.
At night, where the flood lights heated the side of the building, thousands of little white moths would gather on the siding enjoying the heat.
A buddy of mine got a big bushel size cardboard box and filled it with those little buggers. Then he set it on the foremans desk, opened it and shut the door with the lights on.
I heard it took a couple hours with the shop vac to get the office "de-bugged"!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Don't ever take seven rolls of duct tape to a state troopers car...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We T-P a college agriculture professor's house. House, his truck, the trees, barber polled the trunks, the mailbox, the porch poles

He walked into class that monday, he said..."yall couldve at least had the decency to wake me up and drink a few beers with me"

😄

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Grandads brother, Uncle Jack lived on a hill between Grandads farm and town. As kids when we walked by on the way to town his old black mouth cur cow dog would come down the hill and get after us. He would bite if not scared back with a stick.

My older cousins lured it into an old chicken coop at Grandads one day when it was making the rounds and locked it up for several days. We would then stop by Uncle Jacks and visit on our way to get a soda pop at Maxeys store on Hwy 59 just north of town. Luther and Johnny would ask Jack where killer was and Jack got concerned after a few days. My older cousins told him about the rabies going around in the next county.

One day Sammy stayed behind and after we had been gone a while and were visiting Uncle Jack he fed killer the beaten egg whites and quinine the older ones had mixed up.

Of course they saw killer come out of the woods across the dirt road and head up the open hill toward home when they remarked he seemed to be travelling funny and was foaming at the mouth.

Uncle Jacks shotgun and a load of buckshot ended our fear of killer on our trips to town.

Bastid, killer was just trying to make a living.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A buddy was proud of his Tacoma - nearly 300,000 miles with no problems. One day someone stretched one end of a length of well-cleaned bicycle inner tube over the exhaust pipe. The insides of the tube stuck together somewhat; when Bill tried to start his pickup, it sounded a bit different, then a loud POP followed by a strange fluttering noise. His horrified look was priceless!

Dale

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
About 20 years ago one of the guys that works with me drove an old, yellow “Bug” that had the standard transmission. He usually left it unlocked and one day several of us went out, put in neutral and pushed it around to the back of the building. He was about to call base security to report it stolen so we had to give in and tell him where it was.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the Army, I was a 3rd shop mechanic. In the office was a rack full of Army Field Manuals, which were pretty much ignored until one day.
One of the guys, Ozzy, lived in on post family housing and rode a bicycle to work.
Me and my pal Gary would hide Ozzy's bike every day. Under the stairs, in the crapper, back of a Duce and a half. Ozzy got tired of hunting for it, so he got a chain and locked it to a rail outside.
Gary was gonna cut the lock and hide it, but I had another idea. I slipped an extra padlock on with his and taped a note to the seat. "Look on page 378 in FM 27A for the key".
Of course on the page given was another note directing him to another page in a different manual. after going through 8 or 10 manuals he finally got the key so he could go home.
Ozzy was a little hot over that one, but me and Gary bought him lunch and promised no to goof with him anymore. He finally saw the humor in it.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
For some reason today A coworker and I remembered a joke that was played on a former coworker.

Said coworker was building a house and had the roof on, most of the sheeting and all the walls inside studded out. He and his family went on vacation to Florida (Disney world or something) Anyways the next weekend was Township trash day, we took all the necessary things for a house and we furnished his half built house, we had Stove, fridge, curtains, tub sink, TV, washer and dryer, beds, dressers, I mean everything, everything you have in your house right now we put in there, we even put up shelves for the dishes to rest in, even had a cardboard fire place in the living room.

It was epic!! When he got back he couldn't believe the trouble we went through to screw with him, he laughed his ass off for years to come.

Anyone else been involved in a prank like that?

Who had to haul it all away?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had a guy set up an incubator in the lawnmower shed at a fire station. Asked the guys to turn them when he was off shift. Marked them with an x with a grease pencil. Well another guy took them home and put them in his incubator and replaced the other guys eggs with hard boiled eggs. After the incubation period came and passed everybody just kind of shrugged and acted like they didn't know what happened. He decided to crack one open to see what was happening. It was a laugh for days after that and he got his properly hatched chickens.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a wood shop teacher we all tormented. It was mutual.

He used to cuss us out, F-bombs all class.

We superglued every thing on his desk to his desk. Took his grade book and gave ourselves all As.

Stopped up the handwash sink in the class, let spill out on the floor. Set his trash can on fire.

Went out to his car and took his hubcaps off his pos maverick. Hung them on the wall in the classroom. Haha

Sat out in his car and smoked his ciggarettes in his car.

Not really pranks, just meanness. He was a dick though so nothing happened. He needed his job too bad.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,819 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,290
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.