Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
He found enemy, killed enemy, pretty much all I need to know. The rest is political masturbation we just don't need.

<<< THIS!!! >>>

The Japanese in WWII and the Nazis would have loved you!

You obviously haven't read much history...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
oops.....

New evidence..

link

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
oops.....

New evidence..

link

Is Perry Mason his attorney?

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
oops.....

New evidence..

link

Kinda hard to be convicted of a murder someone else is admitting to.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART

This killing does not implicate the rules of engagement. The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.

So you have no problem with murder. Glad we got that out of the way. crazy

Tarquin
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
oops.....

New evidence..

link

So they drop all charges? Try the other guy and he can say he lied when he claimed he killed him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Toddly
oops.....

New evidence..

link

So they drop all charges? Try the other guy and he can say he lied when he claimed he killed him.

To many opposing witnesses. Can't drop it, have to give it to the jury.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Toddly
oops.....

New evidence..

link

I believe the guy that testified he killed the combatant in question has immunity.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, and he contradicted previous testimony under oath. Doesn't say much for his credibility. Will be interesting to see what the prosecution can come up with in the next several days about that.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Yeah, and he contradicted previous testimony under oath. Doesn't say much for his credibility. Will be interesting to see what the prosecution can come up with in the next several days about that.
He didn't conradict previous testimony, he said he saw Gallagher stab him but said nothing about him dying from the wound so technically he didn't lie about it. Question is, could they have saved the guy from bleeding out or not? Scott finished him off so we will probably never know.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Look at the investigations into the 101st/327th 1st Bat (Tigers) following the Vietnam war.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Sounds. Like a Perry Mason cross

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

Sounds. Like a Perry Mason cross

I love Perry Mason, watch it every night at 10:30.

Great show!

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'd rather see Hillary fighting for her AIR.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
No, it is a big deal as a stand alone offense, but there can be in my opinion HUGE mitigating circumstances like for example when the japs used women and children (and the ragheads have done so as well) in order to get close to our guys to kill them. Those SEAL and other Special Ops guys worked in a hard, dark and dangerous world and if for example, that "victim" had been a known killer of our guys (I don't know I'm just speculating), it's just a tough call. Still, in that environment, I would have to have impeccably pristine and damming evidence in order for me to convict and so far, I'm not seeing it.

This^^^.

Maybe we should reevaluate the circumstances in which we have our men risk their lives. Maybe that should happen only in the direst of national emergency.

Maybe we should use a glass earth policy to get our point across to our enemy instead of getting our guys dead.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
oops.....

New evidence..

link

Hahaha. I heard that on Hannity radio. TFF.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well golly. That latest revelation certainly puts a new paint job on things.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
I do not know what really happened.Nobody here does.I am tired of our Military's hands being tied behind their back because of bullchit Rules of Engagement.Most of these rules are from some asswhole who has never seen combat.These men are fighting an enemy that cannot be identified by age,sex or wearing of a uniform.We are sending men to war and hobbling them.I really could give FF how the enemy gets killed.Its war and people die.In WWII and Korea it was not uncommon for no prisoners to be taken on both sides.Ones that were not killed were taken for intelligence reasons.War with rules is outright foolish.People die in wars.If you want to stop that ,make the POLITICIANS fight our wars instead of making the ordinary man put his life on the line.They need to let this guy go and fogetaboutit!!!JMHO,Huntz

This killing does not implicate the rules of engagement. The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

What about all the civilians killed in Germany and Japan by firebombing.Should the USA and UK be held responsible for their deaths?Maybe thats how wars used to be fought with the intention of winning.Did you read what I said about taking no prisoners as a common thing in wars?What do you suppose happened to the ones who surrendered and the soldiers had no time to deal with them.It is collateral damage regardless of when they die.Or maybe you like the idea of not fighting to win??

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
All the reading and interviews I have followed pointed to charging the jag goons and giving Gallagher another medal and a full pension.

I agree, it's obvious that the jag goons, are Obama anti military, or maybe go so far as to be soft on ISIS. Give Gallagher another medal and a full pension and hang the jag offs. It's pathetic the way Gallagher has been treated. If there was a case why did it take a year for this to come out??? There is little to no evidence at this point, and eye witnesses are notoriously shakey, and now one of them admitted to killing the young man himself, and it wasn't a result of being stabbed. Gallagher was the one that was trying to save the young man so he could get more information, what's the point in killing him???

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The prisoner was captured and wounded. The combat was over.

Don't care.

I sure as hell do. Not killing prisoners of war without trial is what separates us from the savages the likes of which our boys have been at war with for decades now. Ironic to me that many decades on now, the evils/atrocities/war crimes committed in WWII against our men and our allies by the Japanese, Germans and others still gets folks upset--which they have every right to-- but there is a double standard when it comes to any of our troops committing the same kinds of acts.

I believe we must as a nation abide by the rules that we've set for ourselves, including in combat zones. Killing every single enemy combatant who would take arms up against our troops would please me no end, but killing prisoners and non-combatants, raping women, abusing children and behavior of that sort is what *they* do. I believe we as a nation need to be held to a higher standard, as we are better than that, and most certainly worlds better than *them*.

Last thought: correct me if I'm wrong JStuart, but I want to say I recall your writing once that you had a relative who in WWII was captured and subsequently executed by the Japanese. If it was someone else forgive me, but it seems to me that is more than a bit hypocritical to get upset about that and at the same time not care if our troops do exactly the same thing...

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.