Page 54 of 63 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 62 63
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I always trust 2 or more groups on one target.

Like I said, a simple 2 dot or square or triangle or x or whatever you want for an aiming point will work. I dug this one out from one of my postings. Didn't have the official targets, so just shot for the orange:

[Linked Image]

And trusting 2 10 shot groups, shot side by side, is by far a better check than even 5 5 shot groups, like what arfcom and the hide did with their moa all day long comps...

Man August 74 degree day in Oregon cant ask for a better day than that. I remember July and august would be pretty brutal out in my part of Oregon..

Its always a little cooler in the NF where i shoot. Im glad MM bumped this one up. Reminds me, i need to start shooting this one again. I still need to dial that damn Noveske in!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Some of the new guys may want to give this one a try.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright, any of you guys still shooting your AR's or other "black rifles"???? I feel like submitting an entry for my new rifle. Not going to win anything, but that's not the intent of this thread. The way I see it is, if you have them and shoot them and want to let the guys know how a certain model or build performs right out of the box, post up the results. Sometimes I'll ask guys how their certain rifles shoot and lately it seems like the typical answer is well it shoots "sub moa". Well of course, every rifle shoots sub moa, don't you know... At least on the internet it does. Now if it shoots 1/2 moa all day long, I'll gladly point that individual, making such claims, to this thread or the other one we have here. Just makes sense...

Rifle:

S&W performance center M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor with ambi controls

Upgrades that I installed:
Magpul Gen III PRS stock
Magpul K2+ grip
Radian Raptor charging handle
Armaspec ambi safety
Armaspec mag release button
Burris AR762 4.5-14X42 rifle scope with Burris PEPR mount

[Linked Image]

Looking downrange at target at 100 yards:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Target with caliper:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rifle shot a .907 moa avg score with some of its first handloads. I'm thinking it's going to be a shooter... Post up your results, we don't care if they are all sub moa. Just honest targets from honest guys... Have a great sunday. I may try a new range out today and see if I can get that score down a bit more....

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alright, any of you guys still shooting your AR's or other "black rifles"???? I feel like submitting an entry for my new rifle. Not going to win anything, but that's not the intent of this thread. The way I see it is, if you have them and shoot them and want to let the guys know how a certain model or build performs right out of the box, post up the results. Sometimes I'll ask guys how their certain rifles shoot and lately it seems like the typical answer is well it shoots "sub moa". Well of course, every rifle shoots sub moa, don't you know... At least on the internet it does. Now if it shoots 1/2 moa all day long, I'll gladly point that individual, making such claims, to this thread or the other one we have here. Just makes sense...

Rifle:

S&W performance center M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor with ambi controls

Upgrades that I installed:
Magpul Gen III PRS stock
Magpul K2+ grip
Radian Raptor charging handle
Armaspec ambi safety
Armaspec mag release button
Burris AR762 4.5-14X42 rifle scope with Burris PEPR mount

[Linked Image]

Looking downrange at target at 100 yards:
[Linked Image]

Target:
[Linked Image]

Target with caliper:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rifle shot a .907 moa avg score with some of its first handloads. I'm thinking it's going to be a shooter... Post up your results, we don't care if they are all sub moa. Just honest targets from honest guys... Have a great sunday. I may try a new range out today and see if I can get that score down a bit more....

Nice shooting bud! Have you tried the 123 Sierra match kings? Those are supposed to be the cats ass. I'm leaning towards building a 224 Valkyrie.. was looking at building a Grendel.. reason why I have couple more stripped ar15 lowers that need to built on..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks John. I tried a new range out that they just opened across the river. Pretty nice facility and only 5 miles from the house. I took my 19 year old daughter and she shot my Noveske. Then she wanted to shoot the m&p 10. I bought 2 boxes of the expensive chit (hornady precision hunter). I tried 1 box in the CTR and those 143 ELDX pills shot pretty good, discounting 1 flyer in 1 group and a couple flyers in the other group. Hence the reason i would rather load my own. Not having enough time, though, i was forced to buy factory ammo. I was surprised my daughter was shooting about 1.25-1.5 moa 10 shot groups. It was her first time shooting an AR. The new range is a beauty with 10 benches and 5 pistol benches. Covered on 3 sides, so you can shoot when the weather is bad.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks John. I tried a new range out that they just opened across the river. Pretty nice facility and only 5 miles from the house. I took my 19 year old daughter and she shot my Noveske. Then she wanted to shoot the m&p 10. I bought 2 boxes of the expensive chit (hornady precision hunter). I tried 1 box in the CTR and those 143 ELDX pills shot pretty good, discounting 1 flyer in 1 group and a couple flyers in the other group. Hence the reason i would rather load my own. Not having enough time, though, i was forced to buy factory ammo. I was surprised my daughter was shooting about 1.25-1.5 moa 10 shot groups. It was her first time shooting an AR. The new range is a beauty with 10 benches and 5 pistol benches. Covered on 3 sides, so you can shoot when the weather is bad.

I built my daughter a AR15 for her 19th birthday. Nothing special, Anderson lower, 3.5 lb trigger, I bought the upper with bcg for $100. From a forum member. I put some sig open sights on it. Took her out few weeks ago and she was doing pretty damn good with open sights at 100yds. The AR are a very easy platform to use for beginners. Next time out, I'm going to teach her how to clean it.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
covered on three sides so you can shoot in bad weather? Heck they only cancel rifle matches due to lightning... I've seen 2x4 target frames snap in half...

And I'd prefer a roof rather than wind blocks around me for shooting if I just wanted to play off a bench top.

OTOH a few pics of the new range might be cool. Have only seen ranges with top covers, nothing with side covers at the benches. Almost sounds a bit like the dividers on an indoor range.

I'm so thankful I never really have to use public though, except for going to matches... though summer shooting here might find me on a public range eventually

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, a high power shoot is taking place on Saturday. I received my 1-4 swfa scope in the mail yesterday. So yarded off the10x swfa and put the 1-4 on to make it service rifle compliant. had it zeroed in 3 shots. I was tryig two different primers CCI-BR and FED205M-AR primers. My intentions were to shoot 5 shot groups and I did with the first 20 bullets the first 10 were loaded with Nosler RDF mmm the reuslts were not that great. Next 10 were Hornady BTHP without the Cannelure one group did fine with FED205 the second 5 shot group with CCi-BR was not so hot. At this point wasnt feeling all warm and fuzzy then I tried this load 75gr Hornady BTHP with Cannelure these are two 5 shot groups the first group is with FED205 then I made an adjsutment with the scope and thats why the second group shifted to the right.
[Linked Image]
So my last 10 I had loaded were the 77gr Sierra otm remember 5 loaded with FED205 and CCI-BR
[Linked Image]
Here is a picture of the rifle
[Linked Image]
and picture of the range
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 06/25/19.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
covered on three sides so you can shoot in bad weather? Heck they only cancel rifle matches due to lightning... I've seen 2x4 target frames snap in half...

And I'd prefer a roof rather than wind blocks around me for shooting if I just wanted to play off a bench top.

OTOH a few pics of the new range might be cool. Have only seen ranges with top covers, nothing with side covers at the benches. Almost sounds a bit like the dividers on an indoor range.

I'm so thankful I never really have to use public though, except for going to matches... though summer shooting here might find me on a public range eventually

Jeff, it has a roof (ha ha). I should have been more specific.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Well, a high power shoot is taking place on Saturday. I received my 1-4 swfa scope in the mail yesterday. So yarded off the10x swfa and put the 1-4 on to make it cerise rifle compliant. had it zeroed in 3 shots. I was tryig two different primers CCI-BR and FED205M-AR primers. My intnetions were to shoot 5 shot groups and I did with the first 20 bullets the first 10 were loaded with Nosler RDF mmm the reuslts were not that great. Next 10 were Hornady BTHP without the Cannelure one group did fine with FED205 the second 5 shot group with CCi-BR was not so hot. At this point wasnt feeling all warm and fuzzy then I tried this load 75gr Hornady BTHP with Cannelure these are two 5 shot groups the first group is with FED205 then I made an adjsutment with the scope and thats why the second group shifted to the right.
[Linked Image]
So my last 10 I had loaded were the 77gr Sierra otm remember 5 loaded with FED205 and CCI-BR
[Linked Image]
Here is a picture of the rifle
[Linked Image]
and picture of the range
[Linked Image]

Damn john, id stick with the 77gr sierras. Looks great.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
77smk handle pressure way better than 75 Hbthp. At least in the past unless they changed something.

Twig I'm sure has other to say but since he must be trying to pay the bills... LOL

Wait till Chris sends me those hotshot PRL or whatever..... excepting having to work every last charter I can right now.... but I can see figuring some of this out for the fall or at least next spring hopefully.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
77smk handle pressure way better than 75 Hbthp. At least in the past unless they changed something.

Twig I'm sure has other to say but since he must be trying to pay the bills... LOL

Wait till Chris sends me those hotshot PRL or whatever..... excepting having to work every last charter I can right now.... but I can see figuring some of this out for the fall or at least next spring hopefully.

What is lost on a lot stick uses the 75gr eld-m he does use the 75' bthp as well. But when he's talking 75 a lot of times he's referencing* eld-m. He has no issues with 77 Sierra's just prefers hornady..

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I loaded 12 hornady's for the 100yd standing slow fire lol. The rest will be Sierra's, this will be at 100yds they will be using SR1 200yd Targets reduced to a 100, SR21 300yd targets reduced to 100yds and MR31 reduced to 100yds.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S

What is lost on a lot stick uses the 75gr eld-m he does use the 75' bthp as well. But when he's talking 75 a lot of times he's referencing* eld-m. He has no issues with 77 Sierra's just prefers hornady..

I could figure that out, but my super decoder ring was lost years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate to tell you this, but I don't think your rifle is going to fly at a lot of places. I've seen NRA HP rule 3.1(c) interpreted to only allow quadrail handguards or handguards that comply with CMP rule 4.1.1(e).

Politics is War by Other Means
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I hate to tell you this, but I don't think your rifle is going to fly at a lot of places. I've seen NRA HP rule 3.1(c) interpreted to only allow quadrail handguards or handguards that comply with CMP rule 4.1.1(e).

Oh it’s legal might want to look those rules over again..

https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Rulebook.pdf

e) Handguard. The receiver and handguard must be machined as separate parts. Standard M16-type service handguards (which may conceal a float tube) may be used or military design or aftermarket free floating rail systems may be used, provided they meet the following criteria. The rail may be of one or multiple piece design and be attached to the receiver by means of the rail itself or with a standard or special barrel nut. The rail must have a continuous Picatinny rail section on the 12 o’clock position that does not exceed the height of the receiver. The rail must have Picatinny rail sections at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions for a minimum of half the length of the handguard. Key-Mod, M-Lok or similar mounting systems are permitted. Handguards may be of any length and the front sling swivel may be attached to the hand guard, but any front sling swivel location must be fixed 13 in. (+/- 0.5 in.) from the forward edge of the magazine well on M16 configured rifles or 8.0 in. (+/- 0.5 in.) on M4 configured rifles.

Last edited by 79S; 06/26/19.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm still trying to understand this whole railed handguard rule thing. Please help me understand this rule...so you MUST have a Pic Rail at 3-6-9 and 12 o'clock, but you CAN use the Key-Mod, M-Lock etc to mount the rails? ...or is the tube with a Key-Mod etc a legal substitute for a dedicated railed tube even without the rail?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisF
I'm still trying to understand this whole railed handguard rule thing. Please help me understand this rule...so you MUST have a Pic Rail at 3-6-9 and 12 o'clock, but you CAN use the Key-Mod, M-Lock etc to mount the rails? ...or is the tube with a Key-Mod etc a legal substitute for a dedicated railed tube even without the rail?

After reading it again I’m confused. You bring up a great point. I can buy the m-lock rails and mount them at 9-3-6 o’clock also they sell them to meet half the man Minimum half length of the Handguard

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And me... anymore could care less about rules, as long as if I want to shoot, they let me. Can throw my score out the window, shooting is fun.

BTW I finally realized the photo you sent some time back... Larson and talkeetna... I was thinking Larson up by the road or such... and then I went by again today for the umpteenth time and dang... I can be a slow dumbass some days... all I can say is its a LONG run to iron creek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
After reading it again I’m confused. You bring up a great point. I can buy the m-lock rails and mount them at 9-3-6 o’clock also they sell them to meet half the man Minimum half length of the Handguard
You're gonna have to.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 54 of 63 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 25 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,045
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.