Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 79 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 78 79
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

No. There are all kind of people on this world ...

Essentially there is one kind of people in this world, the transgressor/sinner.

... and He just knows whos gonna accept and whos gonna reject before hand
and their name doesnt go into the book of life.

He also knows who is in the Book of Life and will be struck out.

Exodus 32:33
"Then the Lord said to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book".

How many do you know that havent sinned against the Lord?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nope, the doctrine of Free Will stands.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[quote=TF49]So, this guy talks about the criteria for “historians” and “scientists.” Ok, by their criteria, they conclude that Jesus is not “ well attested to?” Well, surprise surprise.

Unlike a religious follower who's obligated to mindlessly believe all the potions of a divine text, I have no requirement to accept all the positions of someone I consider a reputable source.

On the historicity of Jesus, I find Bart's evidence insufficient.

None are obligated to dodge going to Hell. He doesnt demand you do anything except die. Its His gift to you if you elect not to die. You are only obligated to do certain things if you want everlasting life. I can sure understand why He wouldnt want to twist yer arm.

Lot of folks down here think that theyre hot chitt and will learn they are cold turds.

I reckon He knew you before you were born and maybe didnt want you to believe, along with some others, which is why He made sure there was no proof His words in the Bible are true. Same could be said for some stiff necked Jews.

There is plenty of evidence, just not the proof you demand. Well, what you demand equates to less than a piss ants fart in a hurricane.

Think about what you just said.

Are you really claiming your god intentionally made me in a way that would justify his sending me to Hell?

Wow. What a nice god you have.

No. There are all kind of people on this world and He just knows whos gonna accept and whos gonna reject before hand and their name doesnt go into the book of life.

Esau He hated, before he was born. He knew Esau would convict Him with his mouth as He knew you would.
You still get the chance to go to Heaven if you wanted that more than cursing Him. He even tells you in the Bible how to save youself. Didnt He make Pharaohs heart harden to Him? You think you are in control. You arent. He owns your hard heart and stiff neck lock, stock and barrel. Your the one who wants to go to Hell. He just knew you before you were born, and you prove every day He was right.

So much for the doctrine of Free Will.

You have free will unless its been taken by your puppet master Satan. Can you get down on your knees and accept Christ as savior and that you are a sinner and ask Christ into your heart to save your sorry hide and acdept that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, and that He loved you and died to wash your sins away and that He arose on the 3rd day breaking the curse of death on you?

You prefer to curse Him rather than exercise your Free Will.

You are driven and directed by Satan and expect Christians to convince you of your error?
You have the smart words and mouth. HE has the truth.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/30/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49

Not according to Jax.

God intentionally creates people such that they will go to hell, and also intentionally hardens their hearts against him.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You have free will unless its been taken by your puppet master Satan. Can you get down on your knees and accept Christ as savior and that you are a sinner and ask Christ into your heart to save your sorry hide and acdept that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, and that He loved you and died to wash your sins away and that He arose on the 3rd day breaking the curse of death on you?

You prefer to curse Him rather than exercise your Free Will.

You are driven and directed by Satan and expect Christians to convince you of your error?
You have the smart words and mouth. HE has the truth.

So Satan's more powerful than your god?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You have free will unless its been taken by your puppet master Satan. ..

Which ever way a man exercises his free will, the end result is ultimately Gods will.

I mean if Judas had not betrayed Jesus (as Jesus foretold he would), how could Gods will be accomplished?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

Which ever way a man exercises his free will, the end result is ultimately Gods will.

I mean if Judas had not betrayed Jesus (as Jesus foretold he would), how could Gods will be accomplished?

If it was Gods will, did Judas ever have Free Will?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Like i said, you have the mouth. Sorry, i havent all the answers and if i did you wouldnt accept it either. Some are bound for hell in a handbasket.

I guess you and your master win again, huh, for a while? grin whistle

Some go for the money and some for the honey. Have your fun, for your little while. smile

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/30/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

according to scripture, The Son of God was already given the role as the sacrificial lamb
before the foundation of the world...Judas didn't know his choice was made well before
he was ever born to make it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Not according to Jax.

God intentionally creates people such that they will go to hell, and also intentionally hardens their hearts against him.

If you want to understand biblical principles and doctrine, study the Word, not just what me or anyone else says about it.

But, I’d guess your not trying to understand.

But, like I said before, if God calls, pick up, it’s an important call.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
All are called, few are chosen. Hes already hung up and yet doubles down.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

My view? Yes, he knew what he was doing and fully responsible for his actions.

For those who are truly interested I this, see.....

https://billygraham.org/answer/did-judas-do-what-he-did-of-his-own-free-will-when-he-betrayed-jesus/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

All are called...?

Matthew 22:14
.“For many are called, but few are chosen”

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Yes a crutch for the fortunate weak, Yes I said fortunate. When we are down the chances our hearts and ears will be open to hear gods plan for our lives. Often his plan makes no sense to us at the time. Yet over time many horrible things will make sense. Even the death and resurrection of Christ makes no sense at at the time as no one had an understanding of the possibility of Christ resurrection.

Yet today many of us are equally unprepared to understand the resurrection of christ. This is a gift from our Father that we are allowed to seek forgiveness that we do not deserve, Yet God is a forgiving God.

An Wonderfull opportunity has been offered for you, click on the link when you have time and embrace a Wonderfull journey and opportunity to be prepared to serve, Your choice to open your ears or simply reject what you do not understand. God loves us and is offering an opportunity.

From me to Jahrs, Thank you for sharing.

You are welcome my brother. Thank you for the kind words.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
All right, and thanks, Starman.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

All are called...?

Yes and those who come will in no wise be cast out.

John 6:37 King James Version (KJV)

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jahrs

Yes and those who come will in no wise be cast out. ..

Matthew 22:

8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come.
9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’
10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good,
and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes
12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where
there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are called(invited), but few are chosen.”

My view? Yes, he knew what he was doing and fully responsible for his actions.

For those who are truly interested I this, see.....

https://billygraham.org/answer/did-judas-do-what-he-did-of-his-own-free-will-when-he-betrayed-jesus/

to quote BIlly Graham;
"At the same time, God knew what Judas would do, and in ways we can’t fully understand, God directed Judas’ path."

So Judas was following Gods interventionist will and his own free will.

What would have happened had God just left Judas to his own path, rather than the one directed by God?

if you are going where God steers you, are you not following Gods will, rather than your own?

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

In the past I have brought up some of the scriptural indescrepencies he mentions, but IIRC, none of the cF Christians were able to dress them.

Of course not.

The best they ever manage was some Ad hominem against Eherman.

The Jesus of Mark, and the Jesus of John, are two completely different characters. They are so different as to be mutually exclusive, and cannot both represent the true nature of the same character.

State your case that they can’t be the same person.

Contradictions yes but errors no. None, never has been an error proven. It’s totally reliable historically, prophetically and what it claims are that have happened.

Contradictions because the accounts come from different perspectives and personalities of the writers. Errors no because all writers were moved by the Holy Spirit when they wrote.

I’m pretty sure that all condradictions have already been addressed by theologians and can be answered in a reasonable manner.

Mark and John don't even agree on the day of the Crucifixion. I posdted a 15 minute video above from a PHD in biblical studies discussing some of the most blatant contradictions. I see you haven't answered any of the specifics, just made the typical dogmatic claims. I suspect you didn't even watch it because it would cause too much cognitive dissidence for you.

In case you missed my reply earlier.

None of the gospels referred to the crucifixion by a specific day but by referencing that day in relation to the Sabbath. Being that it was the Passover during the crucifiction, there was also the "High Holy Sabbath" during that week that High Holy Sabbath day may not have fallen exactly on the same day of the week as weekly sabbath day so there could have been 2 Sabbath days that week. Back to back perhaps.

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22
Who says someone is a prophet of God? The writer? The reader? God? And if God, who says that God said they were? But to use your criteria as a test model, then not only was Enoch a prophet, but he never tasted the death and was taken up into Heaven on God's command. I think I would be most interested in reading Enoch's book if I was concerned about Christianity.

A few verses referencing prophet criteria

2 Peter 1: 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but [a]holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 18:22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Jeremiah 28:9 As for the prophet who prophesies peace, when the word of that prophet comes to pass, then it will be known that the LORD has truly sent the prophet.”

Yep! Those books sure fit under this.

I find it interesting that Jahrs quotes Second Peter, which is widely considered a later forgery and NOT written by Peter, even among those who biblical scholars who believe Peter existed.

Ive actually never heard this before but yes it is very interesting. Peter answers the false teachers and has much to say about them in his 2nd book, so I am not surprised at the attempt to discredit.

C.H. Spurgeon
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

according to scripture, The Son of God was already given the role as the sacrificial lamb
before the foundation of the world...Judas didn't know his choice was made well before
he was ever born to make it.

And the very earliest mention of the Son of God/Son of Man was in the Book of Enoch. imagine that.

Page 13 of 79 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (470Evans, 44mc, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.