Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Reread my post above. Landowners DO NOT OWN THE GAME in this Country, hence it is impossible to steal from a landowner that which is not his. So, the dictionary definition is WRONG as applied to this Country. In this State trespassing is a ticketable violation only if the land is legally posted. If it is not legally posted, you can be told to leave by the landowner or authorities but not ticketed for it. If you are ticketed for trespassing on posted property it is a violation on the first offense and the fine is normally 75.00 plus court costs for the first offense. The fine goes up dramatically if you are cited for trespasing a second time. You will not be charged with poaching unless you have also taken game illegally while trespassing.

Once more... Different laws. Different states.

I know of at least a dozen ranches locally that DO own the game on them. Whitetails included.

Private property.

Like shooting another person's prize bull.

But please continue down your course of ignorance. It's very enlightening.
I'm no more ignorant than you ass hole. You know nothing more of our laws than I do of yours. The Texas version of everything is hilarious. Here it is illegal for a landowner to high fence his property confining the States whitetail deer unless he can remove all deer from the enclosure to the satisfaction of DEC's inspectors. We had a guy here who high fenced a large acreage and was forced to take the fence down because he could not/had not removed all the States whitetails from the property.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're the one that keeps spouting NY law as if it were the law of the universe...

You outta get out of your mama's basement more often. You may find out that there are differing laws and customs outside your back door.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You're the one that keeps spouting NY law as if it were the law of the universe...

You outta get out of your mama's basement more often. You may find out that there are differing laws and customs outside your back door.
Never said there weren't different laws retard. Goddammit you're a dense MF'r.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You cannot be cited for poaching here unless you've killed something illegally. Trespassing is just trespassing unless or until you've killed something. You get caught trespassing on posted privarte land here you will be ticketed for trespassing and that is all.

Once again, you assume to know all there is of laws and legalities in ALL states, right?

When you are hunting, be careful not to trespass, because trespassing while carrying a firearm is a serious criminal offense. In Florida, for example, it is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. Moreover, if you shoot a bullet, shot, arrow or bolt onto someone's land, you have committed trespass in Florida.

https://legalbeagle.com/6671904-criminal-trespassing-laws.html

Most states hold criminal trespass and illegally taking game as separate offenses.

The more criminal activity you do, the more they stack on with charges.
Reread my post above. Landowners DO NOT OWN THE GAME in this Country, hence it is impossible to steal from a landowner that which is not his. So, the dictionary definition is WRONG as applied to this Country. In this State trespassing is a ticketable violation only if the land is legally posted. If it is not legally posted, you can be told to leave by the landowner or authorities but not ticketed for it. If you are ticketed for trespassing on posted property it is a violation on the first offense and the fine is normally 75.00 plus court costs for the first offense. The fine goes up dramatically if you are cited for trespasing a second time. You will not be charged with poaching unless you have also taken game illegally while trespassing.

Trespassing is stealing the use of something that is mine and something I traded portions of my life to OWN for my own use. Not yours.
My advice is know where you are and stay off.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wagner
Kinda funny seeing this thread....just looked out the window and it looks like the neighbor just caught #10 for the summer.

They attempt to get in the hummingbird feeders...he drives them 4 miles or so and let’s them go..ain’t the killin type.

Funny story, I was looking at his trap one day and noticed there was yellow paint across the top of the trap, I said “Ron why did you paint the top yellow” he responded, “well I put a yellow stripe down the coons back to see if they come back to the trap. One ain’t come back yet”,...l just laugh

Hahaha. Tff.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bludog
Chill out - coons are terrible pests, as are possums.
The hypocricy here is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Come on, BH, quit actin lika dayom yankee, please. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Landowners DO NOT OWN THE GAME in this Country.

You cannot be cited for poaching here unless you've killed something illegally. Trespassing is just trespassing unless or until you've killed something.

Yeah, you'd never say anything like that. Right? whistle

I'm the dense one. Gotcha.

LOL

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[quote][/quote]
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Two weeks ago, a coon started eating my sweet corn, so I set out 2 live traps and 4 dogproof traps in and around the garden. It didn't stop the corn thief. I tried different baits, and again, nothing worked. I finally ran an extension cord to the garden, and put a radio down there, and that seemed to pretty much keep it away. But, I was still seeing tracks around close, so I knew the thief was still checking the corn out, and as most people know, a coon will ruin a sweet corn patch in short time.

Yesterday morning I finally got him in a trap down by the creek. I "relocated" the coon. [Linked Image].

Now you see what you started James???
Predicto meter says....

15 pages at least!!!

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Two weeks ago, a coon started eating my sweet corn, so I set out 2 live traps and 4 dogproof traps in and around the garden. It didn't stop the corn thief. I tried different baits, and again, nothing worked. I finally ran an extension cord to the garden, and put a radio down there, and that seemed to pretty much keep it away. But, I was still seeing tracks around close, so I knew the thief was still checking the corn out, and as most people know, a coon will ruin a sweet corn patch in short time.

Yesterday morning I finally got him in a trap down by the creek. I "relocated" the coon. [Linked Image].

You can plainly see thats another coon that Diddin Do Nuffin.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50

Now you see what you started James???
Predicto meter says....

15 pages at least!!!

Nah, that dumbass will tire of having his ass handed to him before then.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If it's "technically" illegal then "technically" you're a poacher. Plain and fuggin simple. Not that I might not do the same mind you but all the old hypocrites here seem to just hate poachers. Unless they're poaching the right critter for the right reason that is.

Technically, most states allow for nuisance animals to be taken out year round.
Apparently Jamesjr's state does not and neither does NY. Deer have been far worse pests to me here than coons or anything else. If I just shot them any time because they're damaging/destroying my apple trees I'd be considered a poacher and prosecuted for it if caught, even though they've cost me a fortune in damaged/destroyed trees and fencing to keep them out.. The holier than thou hypocrites here would label me a poacher and outlaw for it without a doubt. You can get nuisance permits to kill them out of season here but only if you're a commercial farmer {which I'm not} and the process requires a visit/survey of the damage by a DEC game biologist and approval by same before a permit will be issued. Even then it isn't up to you how many can be killed. The biologist will determine if you have a legitimate problem, how many can be killed and will issue permits for that number.

It's obvious you know very little about Kentucky. We're not a Yankee Liberal state where animals have more rights than humans......and that includes some human animals too. I watch the North Woods Law game warden shows from New Hampshire and Maine, and I feel sorry for those people having to deal with the stupid laws.

This is the South, and we look at things differently down here, especially when it comes to animals harming your property. We can actually shoot them, regardless of the time of year.....which is exactly what I did to the corn thief, just about 20 seconds after I took the picture. If, by chance, I lived in a state that did not allow to me kill animals that were a nuisance, I'd still do it, only I'd practice the 3 S's....shoot, shovel, and shutup.

\Not to defend Blackheart, but I'm a bit confused. (Because I live in Cali? blush )

James, if it's OK to deal with the racoon the way you did, then why in your original post did you mention it being "technically illegal" I think is the way you put it?

If one is allowed to euthanize animal pests then it's really not illegal. Unless perhaps your method of leaving traps out year round is not an approved method of dealing with those pests?

As I said, I'm confused a bit, either it's illegal or it's not.

Geno

Geno, you need to be getting out of Ca. Heres hoping you and Sal made it through the warning ok. God bless.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/04/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Always gonna be dudes waiting for a "gotcha type post" James.
They eagerly wait for the chance it seems. laugh laugh laugh
It is what happens when you balance a check book to the penny I geuss and worry if ya put enough tablespoons of metamucil in your glass a couple of hours ago and ain't took a dump yet.
Look at my I killed a snake and misidentifed it post a couple of weeks ago. laugh laugh laugh
Perfect example of gotcha type posting.

Hey ren,

Not you, not James......................

But sometimes some folks just need to get got!

Geno

I'm cool
James is cool

Just a indiscriminate shotgun blast post that's all.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Why do you come here then?

Because of all your close friends you've made here?

Bwahahaha!
Entertainment.

Hot dayom, BH, did you vote for Zero also?

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Davey made a hat out of a dinidu nuffin coon that was eating his sweet corn.
Probably ate the thing also after letting it soak and tenderize in a pond sunk with a rock and rope also?????
I don't know if he ever went to Hopkinsville though?????
I dont think they had any wardens back then either????

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Probably ate the thing also after letting it soak and tenderize in a pond sunk with a rock and rope also?????

I baited those traps with a LITTLE DEBBIE'S HONEY BUN just a little while ago, and put new Little Friskies in the dogproof traps. Tried to find some Fish Oil at the local Mennonite grocery, but they didn't have it. If I'd had the palsy, or a bad bladder, they had plenty of herbal cures for what ails you, but no Fish Oil. I wanted to fix that coon a good last meal......even though I'm technically poaching them.

I'm going to "relocate" it also.

I tried drowning a coon one time, and although it wasn't messy, it was not pretty watching it drown. Unless something has really pizzed me off, I believe in putting any animal I kill to death as quickly and painfully as possible.......and that includes a sweet corn eating coon. A 22 LR in the head does the trick, even if there is a lot of blood. I have gave them a good smack in the head with something like a shovel, and that'll do it too.

Renegade, I'll shoot you a PM if I catch another one, and you can have it so you can made you a Davy Crockett hat.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Think you meant to say "painlessly" ...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I trapped 11 coons since winter . They are everywhere and they dont stop coming. They are so bad they there are very few rabbits to young turkeys. I had about 6 hens in my yard this morning and only one little one. I had a turkey nest in my back woods so I put up a cam and in a weeks the coons found the eggs. I dont even plant sweet corn or have strawberries anymore. it is useless. Even my Asparagus got nipped, however, that could have been a deer. I dont even want egg layers anymore cause the coons get in sometimes and kill them. I started trapping them hard 5 yrs ago and since then I have trapped 73 on my 4 acres in 5 yrs.

Last edited by ihookem; 07/04/19.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I baited those traps with a LITTLE DEBBIE'S HONEY BUN just a little while ago, and put new Little Friskies in the dogproof traps. Tried to find some Fish Oil at the local Mennonite grocery, but they didn't have it. If I'd had the palsy, or a bad bladder, they had plenty of herbal cures for what ails you, but no Fish Oil. I wanted to fix that coon a good last meal......even though I'm technically poaching them.

I'm going to "relocate" it also.

I tried drowning a coon one time, and although it wasn't messy, it was not pretty watching it drown. Unless something has really pizzed me off, I believe in putting any animal I kill to death as quickly and painfully as possible.......and that includes a sweet corn eating coon. A 22 LR in the head does the trick, even if there is a lot of blood. I have gave them a good smack in the head with something like a shovel, and that'll do it too.

Renegade, I'll shoot you a PM if I catch another one, and you can have it so you can made you a Davy Crockett hat.

Ahhhhhh
Thanks but no thanks on the coonskin cap thing.....
Hahaha!!!

But if ya do get one in a havaheart trap.
Hold on to it for awhile.
Feed it
Lull it into a false sense of security.
Let slumlord have a couple of days ta get back from his craptastic western vacation.
They went thru Portland today.
Seen 3 antifa types on Enduro motorcycles.
Hahaha!!!
Some story earlier today he texted me about some special lettuce his wife needed and bad coupon compatibility for 12 packs of sprite????

He can bring up his AR
I will bring up my AK.

And we can do a dual mag dump on the next sweet corn bandit.
Slumlord can show ya how to use his phone or mine.

You can vid us doing a Pol Pot on the masked miscreant.

Then we can post it here while eating lunch somewhere up in Hoptropolis.

When can even set up survey

Do you think it was a quick demise for rocky?
Do you think a 7.62 or 5.56 did him in 1st?
Which caliber do think did more damage overall?
Do you think other coons get the message?

Slumlord can reimburse ya and give ya a replacement havaheart trap.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/04/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want to make a hat see me.....

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Landowners DO NOT OWN THE GAME in this Country.

You cannot be cited for poaching here unless you've killed something illegally. Trespassing is just trespassing unless or until you've killed something.

Yeah, you'd never say anything like that. Right? whistle

I'm the dense one. Gotcha.

LOL
Yes you are the dense one you fuuckin ass hole. Nothing I've said is wrong. Landowners do not own the game in this Country. Texass doesn't have game. You clowns have farm animals. Too bad you're too goddam stupid to know the difference. But hey, wipe the corn off their lips before you snap the photo's and who'll know. Funny you think you handed me my ass but then you pitiful dumb Texass fuucks think you actually hunt too. Idiot MF's. You're some sad sack of shyt you are.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 16penny, 16gage, 40 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,864
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.