24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Just curious, but from a business standpoint; why would a company turn down Military Contracts? Isn't that easy money? Also, they appear to have current military contracts, along with the Mark 4 and Mark 6/8 and the Ultras in the 80's and 90's were all Contract Scopes...doesn't that invalidate the theory of Leopold turning down military contracts? Just curious but common sense seems to be missing from some of these accusations.. which seems to also be very common over here around this campfire.

Just playing devils advocate, but some of the theory's here are right up there with Area 51, Aliens, and Chemtrails. What facts are behind any of these theories?

Also, I have no dogs in this fight, I just prefer to THINK about whether things make sense before I jump to conclusions. I do have a few Leupys that I love, but I also have some cheap SWFA's, Tascos, and Steiners.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Huntress1956
acts? Just curious but common sense seems to be missing from some of these accusations.. which seems to also be very common over here around this campfire.

Just playing devils advocate, but some of the theory's here are right up there with Area 51, Aliens, and Chemtrails. What facts are behind any of these theories?

market forces are inexorable. price, quality, supply & demand always come into some sort of balance sooner or later.

let's don't rule out too much of the far-out stuff.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Not rare for common sense to be frequently lacking here.

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Just curious, but from a business standpoint; why would a company turn down Military Contracts? Isn't that easy money? Also, they appear to have current military contracts, along with the Mark 4 and Mark 6/8 and the Ultras in the 80's and 90's were all Contract Scopes...doesn't that invalidate the theory of Leopold turning down military contracts? Just curious but common sense seems to be missing from some of these accusations.. which seems to also be very common over here around this campfire.

Also, I have no dogs in this fight, I just prefer to THINK about whether things make sense before I jump to conclusions. I do have a few Leupys that I love, but I also have some cheap SWFA's, Tascos, and Steiners.

Good post. I havent tried an el cheapo,bomb proof SWFA yet, but am considering it .it will go on a target rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by battue
... common sense.....

What is this you speak of?

IC B2

It sounds like most of you are in agreement that there isn't much common sense here. haha, that validates my initial impressions. It makes it hard to find the loudest guys credible.

I'm a, 'Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see' type anyway

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It sounds like most of you are in agreement that there isn't much common sense here. haha, that validates my initial impressions. It makes it hard to find the loudest guys credible.

Joined yesterday ... 2/7 posts leupold positive ... damage control?

Just stating my observations and experiences. After all, that's what everyone is doing, right? Damage control? Ha! Also, yes, I'm new to the whole forum thing, my Grandson told me to take a look.

Still trying to figure out how to quote people

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m a Leupold user, but admit many here-but not all-who know their scopes, have little reason to not be telling the truth. Also Leupold did a poor job with their presentation.

However, condemning them on rumors, re military, that can easily be proven wrong by use, at best lacks common sense. At worst?

Last edited by battue; 07/11/19.

IC B3

I must have came too late to know what 'presentation' your talking about

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I must have came too late to know what 'presentation' your talking about

Perhaps the one with the header you replied to?

Last edited by battue; 07/11/19.

But i haven't seen anything, I understand that's what the topic is on this discussion; I guess I meant to say I came to late to see the presentation?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But i haven't seen anything, I understand that's what the topic is on this discussion; I guess I meant to say I came to late to see the presentation?

Leupold has a sock puppet...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
I'm not sure I know what that means, forgive me for my ignorance

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston

From Joisy no less

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Nick, I always assumed the anti-war rumors were Leupold’s sour-grapes response to having lost their dominant share of the domestic LE and Military market.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Leupold has proven to be lacking on presentation, but I seriously doubt they could be that bad.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
guerilla marketers have always been adept at a careful ambush.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue

Leupold has proven to be lacking on presentation, but I seriously doubt they could be that bad.

Humor me and try to imagine an idiot from Oregon tying to impersonate an idiot from New Jersey.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.