Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I recently traveled in Canada for three weeks. It was mostly in the western part of the country and I will say it is absolutely beautiful.

While traveling I avoided politics and only responded if the subject was brought up to me. When asked about my views I played the neutral card in hopes to hear others opinions. The majority of the people that asked me about US politics were first generation immigrants to Canada. Small business owners, hotel workers, gas station owners, etc.

I would say that a bit over 50% of the people had a somewhat positive view of Trump. Those that didn't like him were unhappy with the tariffs and foreign policies but suggested that it was in America's best interest. When I asked the haters what they would like him to do to make thinks better, they overwhelmingly said "Trade him with Tredeau!"

Many of the folks that came from places such as Korea said that if the US fails, the world fails and Trump is on the right path. They want America strong at any cost. A comment was made that a weak person can't pick up and protect another weak person and the same can be said for a weak country. They want the USA strong to keep their heads above water.

The entire world might not like our policies but they are sure glad that we have them.

I obviously ran into other views but the hate for Trump was nothing like we see on the news.

Keep up the good fight.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They want America strong at any cost.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My time in Canada has been exclusively in BC and western Canada. I’ve met more conservative Canadians than liberals but like everywhere, the cities I avoid because they are the bastions of liberal thought. I’ve got nothing but respect for my northern neighbors and I’ve always found them to be kind, polite, helpful and just generally good people. We are inextricably tied to our Canadian brothers and sisters and we’ll rise together or fall together. I pray that both our countries continue to rise together and show the world what democracy looks like and what freedom truly is and that by our examples other nations can follow our best examples. I pray that our failures aren’t repeated and those failures teach us that despite the mistakes endemic to a free people we are able to overcome our differences and move forward together, without malice embracing all that makes us great.

You and they are correct in that a strong America is of benefit to the world and especially to our closest allies. There are a lot of forces internally and externally that seek to undermine our power and influence but with the righteousness of our cause and through the grace of God we will show the world that goodness can prevail when a people can come together, not for the individual benefit but for the common good of people everywhere.

There are no other group of people that I’d prefer to be neighbors and friends with more than our Canadian compatriots. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canada is lost. The USA is lost when we elect the next democrat president or elect congress with a majority of democrats house and senate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
White Bear

Thanks for being a good ambassador for us.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take Trump!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I live about 30 miles south of the Canadian border. 2 hours south of Winnipeg. I went west and then traveled the Rockies with my motorcycle all the way north to the Arctic Ocean. I will say it was the most rewarding vacation I have ever had. My northern neighbors are truly great people to be around. Many don't share my conservative/libertarian views but they are friendly, helpful and sincere.

Do not feed the bear!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have a couple of vendors in Toronto. They are fully aware that if our economy is strong, I'll sell more product, thus they'll sell more product. They saw very clearly what happened to sales when the Obama administration was in power.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506
I'll take Trump!

Fat Chance!! There's no way in hell we're trading him for that fake suit you fellers have...........

Honestly, I hope you folks get your own "Trump" next time around.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I'll take Trump!

Fat Chance!! There's no way in hell we're trading him for that fake suit you fellers have...........

Honestly, I hope you folks get your own "Trump" next time around.

That's not what Bernie says! smile

This October is our chance to dump that fake suit. I hope Scheer has the fortitude to get the job done, come election time.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I live about 30 miles south of the Canadian border. 2 hours south of Winnipeg. I went west and then traveled the Rockies with my motorcycle all the way north to the Arctic Ocean. I will say it was the most rewarding vacation I have ever had. My northern neighbors are truly great people to be around. Many don't share my conservative/libertarian views but they are friendly, helpful and sincere.

Sounds like a member of The Iron Butt Association?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I recently traveled in Canada for three weeks. It was mostly in the western part of the country and I will say it is absolutely beautiful.

While traveling I avoided politics and only responded if the subject was brought up to me. When asked about my views I played the neutral card in hopes to hear others opinions. The majority of the people that asked me about US politics were first generation immigrants to Canada. Small business owners, hotel workers, gas station owners, etc.

I would say that a bit over 50% of the people had a somewhat positive view of Trump. Those that didn't like him were unhappy with the tariffs and foreign policies but suggested that it was in America's best interest. When I asked the haters what they would like him to do to make thinks better, they overwhelmingly said "Trade him with Tredeau!"

Many of the folks that came from places such as Korea said that if the US fails, the world fails and Trump is on the right path. They want America strong at any cost. A comment was made that a weak person can't pick up and protect another weak person and the same can be said for a weak country. They want the USA strong to keep their heads above water.

The entire world might not like our policies but they are sure glad that we have them.

I obviously ran into other views but the hate for Trump was nothing like we see on the news.

Keep up the good fight.

Go and get ƒucked, they cannot have him as we have first dibs.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102

Sounds like a member of The Iron Butt Association?

No, I just enjoy traveling on a bike. I could record a 1,000 mile day and get my participation ribbon but that's not what it's about for me. I did 76xx miles in 21 days while on a KLR. A mix of days off, 200 mile days and 800 mile days. 1,000+ of those miles were on gravel.

Do not feed the bear!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll take Trump!

Stand in ƒing line.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JSTUART;
Top of the morning to you sir, and I see it's early tomorrow morning for you too - I trust all is going acceptably for you and this finds you well.

If I'm being honest - and truly I might as well be - I don't believe Canada would be ready for the likes of a Donald Trump at this point - not yet. Added to that, I also believe that that person would become quite frustrated with Canada in short order too.

We are if anything, even more fractured, segmented, regionalized or whatever nomenclature one chooses to call a country which is geographically huge and relatively sparsely populated, than I perceive our southern neighbors to be. While I may be wrong about that, there's plenty of evidence to support my thesis.

The current political structure for instance gives the Atlantic Provinces more political clout in terms of elected representatives than BC and Alberta - and our combined GDP far exceeds that of the Atlantic Provinces and I'd say likely Quebec as well.

When we throw Quebec into the fray - roughly 25% of the population - but much, much more political power than that - well the water gets ever murkier.

None of this is to say we don't need leaders who envision less central government and more individual responsibility and freedom - far from it! But all factors taken into account I don't believe we're quite ready to make the best use of some folks talents and abilities.

Along with many, many other Canadians who are working towards a better future, I'm hopeful I'll see those changes in my lifetime that would enable that to happen.

Anyway sir, just a thought from the middle of the most western part of Canada and nothing more.

All the best to you folks down there.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I was in Winnipeg at the airport last summer. We were leaving the parking garage and stopped to pay our fee. There was a black man taking money and he noticed our North Dakota plates. He asked me what I thought of Trump. I’m thinking oh crap here we go. Well I told him I loved what he was doing. The guy came alive and couldn’t stop talking about how great he thought Trump was for us. He had been in Canada for 13 years and said he was hoping in their next election to get somebody like Trump to vote for. I hope Canada gets a chance also but we will keep Trump. Ed k

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, I am rural western Canadian, spend quite a bit of time in Montana.The border is 20 miles from the farm.
Trudeau is an embarrassment to us us and a the fool has caused alot of western Canadian separation talk. We will get rid of Trudeau this year or western Canadians will be even madder.
Toronto is our New York and Ottawa our D.C.
We just don't trust folks born, raised or long term residents of either places.
I know lots of pro Trump sentiment around here
but I don't trust New Yorkers, salesman or many suits. The real crooks are the Suits, and those from Cities are ruthless and mostly Godless.
....just a Hayseed Canuck point of view.
USA is our greatest friend and we will fight for you like we always have. God Bless

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BC30cal
JSTUART;
Top of the morning to you sir, and I see it's early tomorrow morning for you too - I trust all is going acceptably for you and this finds you well.

If I'm being honest - and truly I might as well be - I don't believe Canada would be ready for the likes of a Donald Trump at this point - not yet. Added to that, I also believe that that person would become quite frustrated with Canada in short order too.

We are if anything, even more fractured, segmented, regionalized or whatever nomenclature one chooses to call a country which is geographically huge and relatively sparsely populated, than I perceive our southern neighbors to be. While I may be wrong about that, there's plenty of evidence to support my thesis.

The current political structure for instance gives the Atlantic Provinces more political clout in terms of elected representatives than BC and Alberta - and our combined GDP far exceeds that of the Atlantic Provinces and I'd say likely Quebec as well.

When we throw Quebec into the fray - roughly 25% of the population - but much, much more political power than that - well the water gets ever murkier.

None of this is to say we don't need leaders who envision less central government and more individual responsibility and freedom - far from it! But all factors taken into account I don't believe we're quite ready to make the best use of some folks talents and abilities.

Along with many, many other Canadians who are working towards a better future, I'm hopeful I'll see those changes in my lifetime that would enable that to happen.

Anyway sir, just a thought from the middle of the most western part of Canada and nothing more.

All the best to you folks down there.

Dwayne

Fair point Dwayne...I think the answer here is for Australia to annex the US, Canada, New Zealand and turn it in to a new place called...oh I don't know...maybe..."not left land".

We could round up all the lefties and send them to France and Britain so that they could reside amongst their most cherished ideals and political beliefs.

Those of us left could fish, hunt, eat real food whenever we want (bacon/steak), and drive diesel vehicles to and from work...that is right, "not left landers" would actually work and benefit from their toil. We could also re-institute corporal and capital punishment in case some of the lefties manage to sneak in and commit crimes like paedophilia, rape, theft, breathing.

You know...I think this idea has legs!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JSTUART;
Thanks for the reply and food for thought sir - it sounds like a grand plan indeed!

As an admitted serious student of history, I've come to believe that much of the issue facing our current generation of Canadians is that far too many have absolutely no idea how it is we came to live in such extravagant wealth.

When I was a kid in the '60's, families didn't have multiple vehicles, TV's, phones and even for us gun oriented folks - guns. Our disposable income was way, way less than it is today - despite the complaining of so many regarding housing costs, though I'll admit they're ridiculous especially here in BC.

We got here - in my view - in the main with resource, food, energy and to a lesser degree manufacturing exports.

The current popular view seems to be stopping all manner of extracting resources, curtailing food production, a distinct lack of forethought on energy production and a steadily increasing strangling by regulation for manufacturing.

Somehow they believe that we'll support our way of life by being "influencers" on youtube or something similar... which is of course utter madness.

There has been enough of a slow down in the economy in Saskatchewan and Alberta energy/oil sector that they realize something has to change, but here in BC the political power center - Greater Vancouver - has yet to realize that we are importing jet fuel to keep the YVR - Vancouver International Airport functioning. There's a pipeline coming in from Washington State doing that.

Anyway sir, I could go on for quite some time on this subject, but essentially it's that folks are either intentionally or accidentally uninformed and don't question what the mainstream media is feeding them.

That all said, the much welcome rain has ceased I see, so I'll be loading a pair of European branded chainsaws into the back of a diesel pickup and heading up the mountain behind the house with our eldest daughter along for company and hopefully returning with a load of Douglas Fir to heat the place this winter.

Some of the more green up here don't like me doing any of that - 2 stroke chainsaws, diesel pickups, burning wood for heat - all gives them the vapors. That said, of course when questioned as to exactly how they'd like me to heat our place efficiently with electricity they're suddenly silent..... wink laugh

All the best to you folks this Sunday sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You built your nation the same way the Yanks and Aussies did...our forefathers scrimped and saved whilst working their collective arse off to get ahead and build something good for their children.

I need to get out and cut another load of wood but cannot get the time this week, which is fine as we have enough for another week.

As always Dwayne it was good to catch up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 24 invisible), 1,804 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,045
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.