-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 73 1 2 3 4 72 73
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would've been nice to see that build done in something useful like a 257 Roberts twisted 1-12" for 87 grain bullets and top it all off with a Nightforce and a good wood handle. A man could do some pimpin' with such a rifle. wink

HR IC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Showdog75
The tig welds are adequate but if they were welded by me or on my watch the beads would start on each end and bowtie in the middle. That's how you eliminate potential crater cracks in high stress applications.

Just be fortunate none of the welding was done by me, or there would be birdshit from the muzzle to the trigger...but then, with some intestinal fortitude, a romping sense of adventure and a nine inch angle grinder we could probably make it look good...ish.

I laughed hard at this. Well played.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Peterson brass would shine in that rifle. LMAO.

Nice weld job. Looks like a befouled flash hole

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The tig welds are adequate but if they were welded by me or on my watch the beads would start on each end and bowtie in the middle. That's how you eliminate potential crater cracks in high stress applications.

I’m very impressed, we all know mounting a scope rail is an extremely “high stress” application.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Congrat's on the aquisition of more ..........junk

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wind blew up,as ceiling lifted and never got out past the 1300yd line. Rifle is Skookum,beings it's yet to be bedded and the right proper trigger weren't in today's Mail.

Didn't even tote the chronograph and simply ballparked 3175fps with 88gr Smooches and DOPE was on the money,to 1300yds. Erector was off .7 Mils to the right of mechanical center and when ele was bottomed out,it put .5 Mil high at 100yds,which equates to a 250 zero. I miss the 6x MQ's parallax,finer reticle and 10 extry mils on the erector,but will slum it as configured,as a fhuqking Sleeper. Were I not in a hurry,I'd of swapped rings around,to see WTF it did to windage.

All in all an VERY good call,with zero concessions. Throating was on the money,as was Alpha neck clearance and I need to score a Montucky donor to build a Flyweight Bitch.

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing is funnier than a Lippy Fhuqker in the flesh,running her yap and "telling" me schit. Hint. Laughing!

She's a straight up Sleeper and Dumbfhuqk SLAPPER.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Congrat's on the aquisition of more ..........junk

🤣😂😁

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Clueless Droolers talking out their quivering lips,is never not funnier than fhuqk. Congratulations?!?

Virgin Alpha's headspace with authority. The Mail is tough on Riggin',so no matter who makes what and how it's packed...Virgin's get their neck rung. In this application,I'm content with 90% sizing ala 22-250AI Redding Necker.

[Linked Image]

For 75's,I prefer the Grey Box RCBS Comp Seaters in said chambering(s),as they'll happily oblige 22-250 SALAMI,Aye-Eye and Kreedmire. Hint.

For 88's,Redding Comp Seater gets the nudge(friendly to their profile).

I enjoy how the Magnitude readily escapes THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks.

Bless your hearts for TRYING though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn

I hope you didn't pay for those welds

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You fhuqking Droolers and your Imaginations and Pretend! Congratulations?!?

EPIC fhuqking HILARITY!

Bless your hearts for Crying.

Hint.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

I’m very impressed, we all know mounting a scope rail is an extremely “high stress” application.

Walter there's a right way to do things and a easy lazy way to do things. I was simply stating that if I were welding it I would do it the right way. Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. Not in this light caliber application but in a heavy recoiling gun things could be different.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Wind blew up,as ceiling lifted and never got out past the 1300yd line. Rifle is Skookum,beings it's yet to be bedded and the right proper trigger weren't in today's Mail.

Didn't even tote the chronograph and simply ballparked 3175fps with 88gr Smooches and DOPE was on the money,to 1300yds. Erector was off .7 Mils to the right of mechanical center and when ele was bottomed out,it put .5 Mil high at 100yds,which equates to a 250 zero. I miss the 6x MQ's parallax,finer reticle and 10 extry mils on the erector,but will slum it as configured,as a fhuqking Sleeper. Were I not in a hurry,I'd of swapped rings around,to see WTF it did to windage.

All in all an VERY good call,with zero concessions. Throating was on the money,as was Alpha neck clearance and I need to score a Montucky donor to build a Flyweight Bitch.

Hint.................

One thing I like about the 3-9x is that it shares reticle subtensions with the 6x, so it makes transitioning fairly seamless, aside from the difference in erector travel and adjustable parallax. Nice to have a "built-in" zero stop, though, as it's pretty easy to bottom out the erector with a reasonable zero.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

Walter there's a right way to do things and a easy lazy way to do things. I was simply stating that if I were welding it I would do it the right way. Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. Not in this light caliber application but in a heavy recoiling gun things could be different.

I may have been a little more smart assed than I should’ve been. I can be a perfectionist with my work as well, so I hear you.

I’m not a professional welder by any means, but I’ve burned lots of rods and mig wire and I don’t think that scope rail is going anywhere, or that those welds are absolutely awful looking. This is Big Sticks rifle after all, he’ll have it kryloned purple or gold soon I’m sure.

Last edited by Walter_Sobchak; 07/07/19.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness,I've only MiG'd,TiG'd and Stick Welded rails upon various receivers. It'll only come as a "surprise to you CLUELESS Fhuqks,that all encompassed the OEM 6-48's too. Nothing has yet to move. Congratulations?!? Hint. LAUGHING!

Your Retardation NEVER disappoints in it's magnificent grandeur ladies and I DO appreciate you Clueless Kchunts doing your absolute BEST,with what incredibly little you "have" to work with.

Bless your hearts for Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!..................

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That is a really nice setup and practical as you can get.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint.................

One thing I like about the 3-9x is that it shares reticle subtensions with the 6x, so it makes transitioning fairly seamless, aside from the difference in erector travel and adjustable parallax. Nice to have a "built-in" zero stop, though, as it's pretty easy to bottom out the erector with a reasonable zero.

I've managed to coax most the mechanical goody,outta more than a few erectors. It takes 75 MOA to do so on a 6x or 10x MQ,as a minimum. 45 MoMo's of inclination in this application,just happened to work out,but I'm still 13.5+ Mils of mechanics,shy of a good time and dat's a bitter pill. This 3-9x coughs up 26.5 Mils of total travel and most 6x MQ's will cough up 42 Mils. In Today's atmosphere,the 3-9x will reach the 1970yd line mechanically(all erector alone). Will find out in the morning,if Theory melds with Application.(grin)

Took this POS out of the Mail,earlier in the day. It has 33.2 Mils of total mechanical,with windage centered.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You guys are gonna talk me into trying out a 6x MQ yet.

LAUGHING!

Hint.....................

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
That is a really nice setup and practical as you can get.

Lug Dabbed Bedding drying this very second and will be ready to pop out in a few.

Might paint the bitch,but the Rat Rod Stock DO appeal..................(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As soon as I get my .224 Bleedmoor reamer. It’s headed Shaen’s way.

When their crying like little biiiitches! Your over the target!

Last edited by SMACK; 07/06/19.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
Page 2 of 73 1 2 3 4 72 73

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,554
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.