Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
However most of the others you did not respond, but you claim to have proven they do not exist. You have not done that.

You have yet to even respond to my first example about the contradictions between God in the Old and God in the New Testament.

Below quoted from evidence demands a reason by Josh McDowell

Isn’t the Old Testament God a God of Hate and the New Testament God a God of Love?

Another of the frequent accusations against the Bible is that it contains two different conceptions of God.

The Old Testament allegedly presents only a God of wrath, while the New Testament allegedly depicts only a God of love.

The Old Testament contains stories of God’s commanding the destruction ofSodom, the annihilation of the Canaanites, and many other stories of God’s judgment and wrath. The accusers claim this demonstrates a primitive, warlike deity in contradistinction to the advanced teachings of Jesus to love one another and to turn the other cheek, as contained in the Sermon on the Mount.

These ideas about God seem to be in direct conflict, but a moment’s reflection will show otherwise.

Jesus Himself declared that the Old Testament may be summed up by the commandments to love God and love your neighbor (Matthew 22:37). He also observed that God in the Old Testament had continually desired love and mercy rather than sacrifice (Matthew 9:13; 12:7).

This attitude can be seen with statements such as, “Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked… and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?” (Ezekiel 18:23, RSV).

God would not have destroyed certain nations except that He is a God of justice and their evil could not go unchecked and condoned.

He did intend and desire to punish them as a part of His plan, in consistency with His holy nature and jealousy for His wayfaring people. What He desires in consistency with His pure character, He does in justice, in their case, providing they have not repented and come into harmony with His nature (Jeremiah 18).

In the case of the Amorites, God gave them hundreds of years to repent, yet they did not (Genesis 15:16). Noah preached 120 years to his generation before the great flood (Genesis 6:3). The proper Old Testament picture is one of a very patient God who gives these people untold opportunities to repent and come into harmony with Him, and only when they continually refuse does He judge and punish them for their evil deeds.

Contrary to some popular belief, the strongest statements of judgment and wrath in the Bible were made by the Lord Jesus Himself.

In Matthew 23, for example, He lashed out at the religious leaders of His day, calling them hypocrites and false leaders, and informing them that their destiny was eternal banishment from God’s presence.

In Matthew 10:34 (KJV), Jesus says that the purpose of His mission is not to unite but to divide. “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.” He goes on to say that His word will cause a father to be against his son, a mother against her daughter, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law (Matthew 10:35).

We find judgment as well as love scattered very pervasively throughout the New Testament, and love and mercy as well as judgment throughout the Old Testament.

God is consistent and unchanging, but different situations call for different emphases. Therefore, when the two testaments are read the way they were intended, they reveal the same holy God who is rich in mercy, but who will not let sin go unpunished.

Thank you for responding and bringing your thoughts to the conversation.
I still can not agree. A God of justice would not have killed innocent people including kids. Jesus never condoned anything that evil.

Moses:
DEUTERONOMY 2:34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them – men, women and children. We left no survivors.
DEUTERONOMY 3:6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city – men, women and children.

There sits the heart of the matter. Like a festering boil.

I think when a herd of cattle have the black leg you kill them all.

You judge the Creator of what you know not. Remember the fallen angels who came to earth and came unto women and had children? They were a curse and not to multiply. They had to die. You dont have to. Take care and God bless.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/06/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

i guess the payoff from such knowing would not be beneficial from his perspective?

What happened when Adam -Eve ate of the tree of knowledge?...consider that before that they were blissfully ignorant and blind.

were you a kid that always got coal in his stocking cause Santa considered you one of the bad boys? ..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus

i guess the payoff from such knowing would not be beneficial from his perspective?

What happened when Adam -Eve ate of the tree of knowledge?...consider that before that they were blissfully ignorant and blind.

yep. there it is. thanks for posting.

the message/dilemma/challenge to understand goes on.

maybe (just maybe??), the adama & hahveh were never meant to breed?

they were'nt meant to have a conscious awareness either? say what?

but it happened, in both cases for better or worse, just maybe?

the worms were out the can, the sperm was viable?

and now humans are moving to the moon?

the High Priests at NASA are our friends?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Remember the fallen angels who came to earth and came unto women and had children? They were a curse and not to multiply. .

they didn't just come , they were sent by God.

God controls Satan allowing him to assign demons to activities.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
are we in a zoo behind closed walls, or are we in an experiment and left alone to multiply (& survive)?

a lot of folks are shaking their heads as 7.5 billion people now find homage on the face of the earth.

surely what's going on is according to plan, and even the leaders know they're in the game.

we're being asked to interpret our reality, where we are, where been, and where next?

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
How do you do it Gus?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
AS,

You’re dodging again..... Creator? .... or Nothing created everything?

Nice false dichotomy. Upon what basis are you asserting there ever was your version of "nothing".

Here's the difference between a Lawerence krauss and a Theist.

Larry actually proposed workable hypothesis that could move us one step closer to a true understanding of the nature of our existence. As with many discoveries, it creates new questions and new lines of inquiry. Just because a line of inquiry creates new questions, that doesn't mean it's wrong.

AS,

More dodging and bafflegab from you. Seems you can’t bring yourself to be pinned down. You know that “Everything” does not come from “Nothing” but you won’t admit it because that reinforces the case for the existence of a Creator.

In his talks, Krauss has apparently said that his works point to the “non-existence of a Creator.” He does not seem to think there is a false dichotomy here. Cosmology or Creator is what Larry talks about. The only alternative he sees to “Everything from Nothing” is indeed a Creator God…. which he dismisses as the existence of God cannot be shown with empirical evidence.

Given the nature of his book and given his own statements, Magic Larry did not propose a workable hypothesis at all. There is no start at “nothing” at all. In fact, he will talk about three types of “nothing” and all three of these are indeed something. If you venture out of your echo chamber you will see that many capable and credible physicists have characterized his book and notoriety as “embarrassing.” He’s just a book seller of paid speaker….. huckster?

Here is a link to the Colbert interview:

https://www.bing.com/videos/searchq...2BBD4A096CE1FF4C5DEB2BBD4A&FORM=VIRE

At 1:39 ML says there is “no evidence for a deity.” Well, other than “Everything.” He says there is no need for God about the 7 minute mark. Well, only if one is gobbling up this nonsense.

Note that at 2:11, Colbert zings him when he describes the “first type of nothing” …… Magic Larry describes nothing and Colbert informs him that what he just described “is not nothing.”

He says at 5:19 he says there is no need for “supernatural shenanigans” as he has presumably showed how the universe could come from nothing. A statement based on his clear falsehoods.

Here is another link that examines his book:

http://www.wall.org/~aron/blog/a-universe-from-nothing/

Atheists heralded Krauss when the book first came out and now he is just an embarrassment, playing to the echo chamber crowd and the uninformed. But since the atheist will not allow himself out of the echo chamber, the atheists… and the agnostics ….. will search for the next reason to reject the reality of God.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How do you do it Gus?

lol.

one day at a time?

the sun comes up.

the sun goes down.

the next day the same.

the water under the bridge.

antarctica melting, and it's ok.

russia is going to own the north pole.

does that taste give you an idea of us?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

they were'nt meant to have a conscious awareness either? say what?

Adam-Eve orig. had no wardrobe-fashion sense and Adam didn't fat shame Eve.

It wasn't until the fall that Eve said , "does my ass look big in this.?"

Originally Posted by Gus
are we in a zoo behind closed walls, or are we in an experiment and left alone to multiply (& survive)?

Ever heard the term . .'prison planet Earth.' ..?

Would you as creator want a virus like humans infecting the universe?..best keep them in remote quarantine.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Gus

a lot of folks are shaking their heads as 7.5 billion people now find homage on the face of the earth.

surely what's going on is according to plan, and even the leaders know they're in the game.

we're being asked to interpret our reality, where we are, where been, and where next?

Interesting comment. I have heard that there is indeed an audience watching and seeing what is going on here on earth.

Here is the speculation....

Seems God had created many many.... perhaps billions of creatures prior to the creation of man. Then there was a rebellion in Heaven.... the fall of Lucifer.... now, the "Heavenly Hosts" are watching how the drama of the fall and redemption is playing out. The billions (?) of the Heavenly Hosts are seeing a demonstration of God's plan.

IDK, but you may be pretty close with your "zoo" comment.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You know that “Everything” does not come from “Nothing”

No, we do not know that.

Before you can assert this, you need to demonstrate that your version of a state of "nothing" ever existed.

To date, no one's been able to demonstrate this.

The difference between your and Larry's version of "nothing" is we know his actually existed.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/06/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

No, we do not know that.

Before you can assert this, you need to demonstrate that your version of a state of "nothing" ever existed.

The difference between your and Larry's version of "nothing" is we know his actually existed.

Good grief! His actually existed? Really?

I have to ask..... where did it come from? The three types of "nothing" and all three are "something."

Oh, and the "multiverse?" You're just kidding …..

Last edited by TF49; 07/06/19. Reason: spel

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No, we do not know that.

I have to ask..... where did it come from? The three types of "nothing" and all three are "something."

Multiverse. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

I don't know's more honest than "Magic Sky Daddy".

Anything can be explained by "Magic".

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/06/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Interesting comment. I have heard that there is indeed an audience watching and seeing what is going on here on earth.

Here is the speculation....

Seems God had created many many.... perhaps billions of creatures prior to the creation of man. Then there was a rebellion in Heaven.... the fall of Lucifer.... now, the "Heavenly Hosts" are watching how the drama of the fall and redemption is playing out. The billions (?) of the Heavenly Hosts are seeing a demonstration of God's plan.

IDK, but you may be pretty close with your "zoo" comment.

there might be more "life" in the oceans more situated or authorized to do space travel than us 'humans.'

i don't know. i was born and raised down here on the Urth, so i have no space travel history.

oh, it's either a zoo, or some sort of experiment. that's almost a military certainty.

the High Priests at NASA are doing their best, from Dr. Werner von Braun.

rocket ships to the moon, which is an alien satellite, helps us along?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

No, we do not know that.

Wait! There's more!

Here is a quote from a critic of Magic Larry the bookseller:

"The crucial physics here is totally speculative. It was entirely based on speculative ideas about quantum gravity which anyone working in the field would admit are not proven."

btw... I did buy the book and did read it. Maybe you should too.

Anyway, I am back east and have to hit the sack.... will play again tomorrow.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

No, we do not know that.

Multiverse. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

I don't know's more honest than "Magic Sky Daddy".

Anything can be explained by "Magic".

Quick thought before I turn off the lights.

Krauss has talked about the “multiverse” and I actually found that to be relevant. I have to paraphrase here.....He said the in the “multiverse” there may be universes where our known laws don’t apply. There may be universes where “different” laws of physics apply.

Yep, I find that relevant. I have described the “spirit world” as non-corporeal. God “lives” in a spirit world,that is unlike ours and it may be that different laws of physics apply there.

IDK.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Carl Sagan: Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. So are our emotions in the presence of great art or music or literature, or acts of exemplary selfless courage such as those of Mohandas Gandhi or Martin Luther King, Jr. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ideas and beliefs about God evolved over time. The god of the old testament is not the same as the god of the new testament.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Virtual particles, quantum foam, and something from nothing, and how we know nothing isn't nothing, from of Fermilab.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Ideas and beliefs about God evolved over time....

Primitive knuckle dragg'n man went from being spooked by their shadow cast before fire
then mans creative thinking turned flashes of lighting and earthquakes into Gods,
then it went to fear of entities they deemed invisible that dwell inside and outside a person
and that threaten to cast one into a primitive fire...

as mysterious and boundless and unknowable as those spiritual entities are deemed to be,
peabrain man then dumbed it all down and went gave them a gender, name and even a face.

Then you are told that you will be eternally separated from God and plunged into the lake of fire,
yet you are also told that same God will still be there with you in hell, because you cannot actually
escape his Omnipresence.

Page 30 of 79 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 63 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,393
Posts18,527,822
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.