Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just looked, they are Jan of '11...

Charlie, that is a damn good battery!

Orion, I believe those are the same tire that Fat's recco'd.

I gotta see what my options are locally.

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sam,
New rubber will get you better traction.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that other than having some vehicular issues that summer has been treating you folks well.

As noted by others, the photo shows radial cracking and in my experience that's worse than sidewall cracking - well somewhat worse anyway Sam.

Our Okanagan sun is really tough on tires, so it's not an uncommon site to see what you showed - but markedly worse on one side often if it gets more sun.

We had to change out the BF Goodrich TA's on the midlife crisis last year as they were doing the same thing your wife's rig's tires were, but they had at least half the tread left.

Anyway good luck with your vehicle repairs Sam and all the best to you all as we progress towards fall.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/07/19. Reason: added for clarity - hopefully

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good to read your posts Dwayne.

There are products that doll up a tire's looks, I have no idea if anything will prolong a tire's life weatherwise?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those tires are barely broken in.

I’d run them.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a Michelin fan, but have been pleasantly surprised by the Cooper Evolution HTs that I bought for my Son's Honda Pilot, 235/70R16. and for my Daughter's Jeep Patriot, 235/65R17. If Cooper makes a size that fits your wife's vehicle, it might be worth your time to check them out.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'd let my wife run them.....the kids are being a pain in the ass today so I'd probably let them ride with her too.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Those tires are barely broken in.

I’d run them.

I like your style.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
It got a new alternator on Wednesday and I see the batteries are 7 years old. Hell of good batteries, Interstates.

Those Interstate MegaTrons w/ 72, 84? month warranty are great batteries. I use to use those in my 6.9 diesel back in the 80's, and early 90's. I got around 6-9 months "past" warranty before they gave out.

I need to go back to them. These Motorcraft I'm using now only get 4 years out of them if I'm lucky.

I changed for on the road / out of town if needed to warranty, O'Reilly with the Motorcraft in every town.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If im counting correctly (only on the 3rd drink so probably am) I have 90 tires on company and personal vehicles, and 5 pieces of equipment. Seems like when it starts going to [bleep], I'm in the tire shop three times a week. My biggest problem is perfectly good tires getting punctures or cut etc... On the job before their worn, then your stuck replacing two tires.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
It got a new alternator on Wednesday and I see the batteries are 7 years old. Hell of good batteries, Interstates.

Those Interstate MegaTrons w/ 72, 84? month warranty are great batteries. I use to use those in my 6.9 diesel back in the 80's, and early 90's. I got around 6-9 months "past" warranty before they gave out.

I need to go back to them. These Motorcraft I'm using now only get 4 years out of them if I'm lucky.

I changed for on the road / out of town if needed to warranty, O'Reilly with the Motorcraft in every town.

Use to use interstates In everything. Had two in a row crap out early so switched to NAPA legend 84mo. Batteries. Having zero issues even in equipment that only gets ran sporadically.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Texczech
Willie needs to have Farm Aid 2019 be dedicated to Tire Purchases.

"Our Farmers Need New Tires"

Sam can be the face of Farm Aid 2019.

Hurry, somebody put it the call.

While is trying to get the farmers some new tires he will be telling them to vote for beto

My fingers were having a hard time typing out his name, because I've written that commie traitor off. I really didn't want to acknowledge his sorry azz by name, and really regret I did now.

Screw Willie.

Sam can be the new farm leader for America, and we'll call it " 'Fire Aid ".

"He is far from Stupid"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Could Sam change, and look like this? laugh[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Use to use interstates In everything. Had two in a row crap out early so switched to NAPA legend 84mo. Batteries. Having zero issues even in equipment that only gets ran sporadically.

Now that you mentioned that, I remember back that was why I did in fact switch. They started "not" lasting the 72/84? months, just barely 60 or less.

"He is far from Stupid"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They'll blow sooner or later due to age and dry rot.

Better safe than sorry. Why risk it?

Your wife is much more important.

I'll take em off your hands for my EX wife's vehicle.... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mom got a new Exploder a couple years ago and they had to put some tires on it a week or so ago. Factory Hankooks were complete dogschit, bald as eggs and down to the wear bars in 28k of easy highway driving. Only thing available locally was more Hankooks or COOP Ironman radials. For $40 less a tire dad said fugg it and had them slap a set of Ironmans on it, figured they couldn’t last anything less than what the Kooks did.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Willie needs to have Farm Aid 2019 be dedicated to Tire Purchases.

"Our Farmers Need New Tires"

Sam can be the face of Farm Aid 2019.

Hurry, somebody put it the call.

Both of our old 4x4 Versatile tractors needs new tires.

New tires would cost about what the entire tractor is worth.

Hit up my gofundme page and donate some $$$!.

Here's what you need to do Sam:

1- Lay those rims down.
2- Build a mould around outside of tire with thin paneling, same width as tire, and leave room for new tire tread depth you will be making.
3- Buy some of that Super-Dooper black rubber liquid that guy on TV advertises where he saws that Jon boat in half, and tapes back together with the Super-Dooper black tape, OK
4- Take one of the ten gallons you'll need, that liquid Super-Dooper black rubber, and start filling the mould like you're filling a cake mould...see your wife...she'll explain.
5- Once cured, go get your chainsaw. Stand tire rim up, and lean against pole. Take chainsaw, and cut new tread pattern.
6- You're good-to-go for another 20 years with your new Super-Dooper 'Fire-Aid tractor tires.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 07/07/19.

"He is far from Stupid"

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Actor Paul Walker was killed on tires with only 3500 miles on them but they were 9 years old.

https://www.thedrive.com/opinion/5189/the-truth-behind-what-caused-paul-walkers-fatal-crash

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just looked at the tires on my ‘88 Chevy 1/2 ton. It gets driven about 3000 miles per year and is always garaged. Tires were purchased in October ‘07. They still look pretty good - no cracks like in Sam’s photo. I will keep running them.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just buy some new ones.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,462
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.