Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LMFAO!!!
I gotta chime in!!!!

Admit nothing....
Deny everything...
Make counter accusations.....

That presentation was like watching CNN or MSNBC for gawds sake.

What are these mofo,s smoking?????

Leupold....
What a bunch of assclowns.....

Congrats dumbasses you just confirmed it all.........
Your products suck as aiming devices....
But make really neat viewing devices.....

Hey leupoldoptics.
Per that PM I sent ya when ya 1st came on here and becoming your very 1st friend and follower on your profile (LMFAO).

In regards to that Vx3i 3.5-10x40 abortion I went thru in 2016 and 2017.
Saying after it all, I figured your company flat out owed me 180 bucks.....

Just keep it....
It was worth that price to watch that fiasco.......
Best comedy show I have seen EVER!!!
LOL!!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/10/19.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by CP
I think the Leupold representatives in this presentation genuinely believe their products are beyond reproach and that their customer’s issues are merely predicated on baseless myths. They are in denial, and they are not gong to address problems that they believe don’t even exist. Too bad, but that is where they are... CP.

One of those myths bit a 6x42 of mine on the ass not long ago.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CP
I think the Leupold representatives in this presentation genuinely believe their products are beyond reproach and that their customer’s issues are merely predicated on baseless myths. They are in denial, and they are not gong to address problems that they believe don’t even exist. Too bad, but that is where they are... CP.

It is hard to disagree after the exclusive 24 hcf viewing show.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
LMFAO!!!
I gotta chime in!!!!

Admit nothing....
Deny everything...

Leupold....

Hey leupoldoptics.
Per that PM I sent ya when ya 1st came on here and becoming your very 1st friend and follower on your profile (LMFAO).

Saying after it all I figured your company flat out owed me 180 bucks.....

Just keep it....
LOL!!!!!

They are smoking the good [bleep] Fireball grows in his back yard .

You type like big stick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the most disappointing part is they seemed to talk down to us...... I believe the campfire has many extremely accomplished shooters and we aren't the general shooting public... but they lumped us in with that group.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by renegade50
LMFAO!!!
I gotta chime in!!!!

Admit nothing....
Deny everything...

Leupold....

Hey leupoldoptics.

Saying after it all I figured your company flat out owed me 180 bucks.....

Just keep it....
LOL!!!!!

They are smoking the good [bleep] Fireball grows in his back yard .

You type like big stick.

Thank you AO!!!!
Good times!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I think the most disappointing part is they seemed to talk down to us...... I believe the campfire has many extremely accomplished shooters and we aren't the general shooting public... but they lumped us in with that group.

Typical tour guide narcissism.... smile

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I ordered the burger, but, had to send it back, like six times, because they couldn't get it right. Then they told me I didn't know what a good burger is or how to eat it. Wow, I doubt I will try another!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
As a life long Leupold fan this is pretty disappointing.

Agreed.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Hudge
Doug,

Thanks for setting this up, but I missed it. I own Leupolds and my issues have been minor compared to others here. I have read through the forum here and it looks like Leupold has taken the "don't give a [bleep] stand". The customers wrong we are right, what a better way for a company to go out of business. Until Leupold addresses these issues, the problems will only continue, and I will say I have purchased my last Leupold until they acknowledge it and resolve the issue. Heck, I was about to buy a new scope in the next three weeks as well. Oh well, there are other companies that will be glad to take my money.

There's zero chance they're going out of business. They don't need to address anything, their market share is big and the users of their products generally won't notice anything less than catastrophic failure. As predicted, anyone reading this forum can move on and it'll never matter to Leupold. Fugg'em.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Password = goldring

On next screen enter your name and email address

Next screen will say Live Event is off air but there is a link on the right side of the screen to the archive.

Thanks for that link. I got on, heard their discussion after the fact.

They sure did sandbag that rumor about the family/board. That info may or may not be true.

I reported what I found, and as Bill O'Reily loves to say, "I report, you decide"...

Their double talk about technical stuff sorta dilutes their denials about the board, IMO.

One also said they "share" targets with customers. I'd had several scopes returned for tracking and fail to hold zero issues, never got a target, didn't expect one. Doubt they actually mounted and shot targets with my repaired scopes.

They reportedly tested other brands on their machines, "Leupolds do the best". Guess I'll have to take their word for that. Wonder what brands they're talking about.

So, bottom line, believe what they say, not what you've experienced.

Okay... confused

Nothing to see here, move right along...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by North61
I feel a bit sorry for Doug and Leupold on this one. This wasn't going to end well given the state of the strength of opinions on the subject. Doug comes across looking naive and probably damages his relationship with Leupold to boot. Leupold haters get to have a bigger field day and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent though I suspect it's also likely that 24 hour campfire members take their own reputation as "impossible to please" to a new height with management. Probably not the end game Doug was looking for.

I will continue to use Leupolds when I want a light weight option, but not without a bit of paranoia now, waiting for failures, that will likely not happen but waiting non the less.

Well said.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I feel a bit sorry for Doug and Leupold on this one. This wasn't going to end well given the state of the strength of opinions on the subject. Doug comes across looking naive and probably damages his relationship with Leupold to boot. Leupold haters get to have a bigger field day and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent though I suspect it's also likely that 24 hour campfire members take their own reputation as "impossible to please" to a new height with management. Probably not the end game Doug was looking for.

I will continue to use Leupolds when I want a light weight option, but not without a bit of paranoia now, waiting for failures, that will likely not happen but waiting non the less.

Well said.

Why feel sorry for Doug? After years of successful business not carrying Leupold, he now does. If there's discontent with Leupold on this forum so be it. Thanks for the effort, sure, but sorry feelers is the last thing needed IMO.

And paranoia "now"? Have not the Leupold failure discussions ever caught ya'lls attention before?

Zero insult intended. Folks use them. I have a few.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/10/19.

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
... and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent...

Not sure why you say that. I doubt seriously this was some rogue event based on their own initiative, and that Leupold management was aware of how it would be addressed.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Someone mentioned tube weight/strength earlier on. I wonder how the change in mounts may be contributing to the influx in issues (in addition to more dialing)? Not too long ago most used windage adjustable mounts, sometimes referred to Redfield style. Most, have gone away from this style mount because the windage screws can loosen affecting POI. I actually lost one after shooting one day. These type of mounting systems are very forgiving when it comes to scope mounting and holes that are not perfectly parallel to the bore. Most of the scopes that do track well are considerably heavier than what Leupold offers. Could the robustness of the tube, therefore resistance to less than perfect mounting, be a contributing factor to good mechanical behavior?

Of'course this doesn't explain why my weaver classics which weigh the same as Leupolds track very well in comparison.

Last edited by TomM1; 07/10/19.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TomM1
Someone mentioned tube weight/strength earlier on. I wonder how the change in mounts may be contributing to the influx in issues (in addition to more dialing)? Not too long ago most used windage adjustable mounts, sometimes referred to Redfield style. Most, have gone away from this style mount can the windage screws can loosen affecting POI. I actually lost one after shooting one day. These type of mounting systems are very forgiving when it comes to scope mounting and holes that are not perfectly parallel to the bore. Most of the scopes that do track well are considerably heavier than what Leupold offers. Could the robustness of the tube, therefore resistance to less than perfect mounting, be a contributing factor to good mechanical behavior?

Of'course this doesn't explain why my weaver classics which weigh the same as Leupolds track very well in comparison.

Good point. They do their testing in a lab. Real world conditions enter more variables. The guy on the right said on the third trip to CS they are just THEN mounting on a rifle.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have just gone through it to find it pathetically condescending and disdainful.

I somehow expectid it, but my thanks to Doug and Rick for bringing them in and trying.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"Leupold haters"? I highly doubt that it's a segment of guys who thought "hmmm, Leupold is a USA-based sport optics company that aligns very well with my hunting/shooting interests. Yup, I'm sure of it, I hate 'em".

What you are calling "Leupold haters" are predominantly regular guys like you and me that have had too many negative experiences with Leupold products to ignore. Most of them would really like to trust Leupold once again, but the company refuses to acknowledge and repair the major hurdles keeping these guys from doing so. I am one such individual. I would be happy to use Leupold riflescopes if I had the confidence in their function that I have in scopes like NF, SWFA, Bushy Elite Tac, etc. That doesn't seem "impossible to please" to me. I have no hate for Leupold, and I want them to come around and gain the reputation that they ought to have, and it frustrates me that they refuse to do what it takes. If NF can do it, so can Leupold. But they won't because they choose to look the other way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been a rather unabashed Leupold supporter since exiting the womb and I found the live piece so very wonderfully patronizing.

I'm not sure what their expectation was but I gave them hesitant props pro eo for venturing into this optics lions den.
What they're used to experiencing in these types of social-love events is expelling rainbows and unicorns with the hardest-pressing question received from participants is "dude, where can I get the sweet t-shirt you're wearing?"

A few months back I signed up for some chance-to-win thingy with a trio of brands - Leupold being one of them. In doing so, I had to fill out a questionnaire with a list of attributes I considered important in my equipment. I've since been sent a templated email (catering to my order of importance); "You've asked for reliability"; featuring the XXX rangefinder." And I'm sure I'll get one soon enough with the "You've asked for *fill-in-the-blank*; featuring the XXXXX". I'm sure there's some marketing eyes from Leupold on this thread so this is a head's up for them: Folks, your strategy is showing; you can bullszchit the fans but not the players. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Scott and Jordan.

Good points.

DF

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 40 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,253
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.