Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Ok in the “why so many tags” thread.. a bunch of guys said “NEVER AGAIN”... about Florida, and only non-hunters live there.

HUH ? ... I wandered through it once on a work run, but only stopped for key lime pie.

So - what’s wrong with Florida (beyond the crazy as bat chit posts I see of people arrested in Florida that is).

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Too many old people like me! Too many Hurricanes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Ok in the “why so many tags” thread.. a bunch of guys said “NEVER AGAIN”... about Florida, and only non-hunters live there.

Possibly a lame attempt to "call out" a particular individual that resides in Florida?

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Overcrowding-extreme heat- extreme humidity- Mexicans- blacks- Miami- etc etc. if you pick a location well you can avoid most of the stuff listed. Ed k

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
too crowded, too hot, too many bugs, too many snakes, too much sand..... Also if you have never seen them there are these things call sand spurs...

And the top point... Florida has by FAR the most rednecks per capita than anywhere.... just pure trash... common comments... Oh please do not wear that in public again.... Oh man, my eyes hurt, you know they do make this thing called deodorant... and way too many tourists... who love to drink and get stupid... not to mention the idiot kids during spring break..... Lived there for 14 years... Never again...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My grandparents retired in the sticks in central Florida. I spent several long summers there. They had 110 acres in heavy cattle infested area. They lived and worked in Clearwater all their lives until it grew up around them and had to get away from the coast.

no urban creep, pandhandlers, meth head trailer parks (then) in the 70s-80s

Springs, lakes, Crystal River, Weeki Watchee River. Inner tubing with alligators. 👍

Sure it's all crap now with those NY lardass gerrold nadler types now. What a shame.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go there this time of year and you'll be cured for life. Friggin' miserable.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

HUH ? ... I wandered through it once on a work run, but only stopped for key lime pie.

So - what’s wrong with Florida (beyond the crazy as bat chit posts I see of people arrested in Florida that is).

No clue.

I find it quite pleasant.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Grew up spending the better part of the summer, all of fall/spring break with my grandparents in the panhandle. They lived in niceville which is just across the bay from Destin and FWB. Used to be a bunch of retired folk, and really good locals. Some local boggies( what they called rednecks). It was a nice town.

Now it’s a bunch of Mexicans, blacks, and crack/meth heads. Town is a shiit hole now. Trailers and run down houses.

Still have family there and they are hopefully gonna get out soon

I had a bunch of fun though fishing, shrimping, flounder gigging, and shooting stuff. Papa had a bay boat and a offshore boat. Wish times hadn’t changed the way they had

You could not pay/convince me to live there. They offered me a good job in a er there. Screw florida

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You either like it or you don't. Things have changed drastically since I first moved there in the mid 80's. Used to be a great place to live.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
^^^^ that.

My son and his wife have been in the Deltona area for almost 4yrs. They LUV it.

I like it a lot but couldn't do it year around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simply a matter of personal preference. I spent a lot of time there starting in 1961. Haven't been back since my stepmother's funeral in 1994. Don't care for the climate or the dull flat landscape. I don't even forsee going back to visit, except that final trip when my father passes and I have him hauled back for burial.

Y'all can have my share.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
NAtive Floridian here, born and raised, left there in early 80's go back to visit family but can't stay in the State.

Too many Yankees moved in and brought their Yankee views with them!!

Sort of like Idaho and Utah now, people flee what's wrong then want their new place like the old!

Traffic can be a nightmare, Towns popping up all over, Too many people in small places.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Florida is the panhandler magnet for the eastern U.S.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We lived on the barrier island in Satellite Beach just south of Cape Canaveral from 1976-1985. Even then, the coasts were turning into concrete canyons of condos. Public Beach access went from "almost anywhere" to just a few small parking lots here and there. There were two seasons: day and night. There was so much salt in the air that aluminum rusted. And so much salt in the ground that most non-native plants died.

I miss the birds, the great salt and freshwater fishing, and damn little else.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It isn't in the mountains, no winter. Humidity. Heat. Foreigners, snakes, bugs, traffic, too many people. .

I'm sure there's some good things about living there too, but not for me.

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I heard a Texan moved to Florida and the average IQ went up in both places.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
America’s dong.

I like the panhandle and around the bend to Crystal River. The rest is somewhere between a trailer park and a foreign country.

Fishing used to be good. Hope it still is.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Grew up spending the better part of the summer, all of fall/spring break with my grandparents in the panhandle. They lived in niceville which is just across the bay from Destin and FWB. Used to be a bunch of retired folk, and really good locals. Some local boggies( what they called rednecks). It was a nice town.

Now it’s a bunch of Mexicans, blacks, and crack/meth heads. Town is a shiit hole now. Trailers and run down houses.

Still have family there and they are hopefully gonna get out soon

I had a bunch of fun though fishing, shrimping, flounder gigging, and shooting stuff. Papa had a bay boat and a offshore boat. Wish times hadn’t changed the way they had

You could not pay/convince me to live there. They offered me a good job in a er there. Screw florida

Agree Niceville plummetted in the past several years - I think they built Sec. 8 housing there and lots of the you know what moved in , Friend lives in the middle of town - says you can't leave anything outside now - they'll steal your grill - kids bikes - lawn furniture - broke into his wifes car [twice] stole everything glasses/cds/clothes/everything .
This entire region has went down the drain in the past several years - it was a ch-ithole when I got here 14 years ago .
Local people here are thieves and so are their kids .
I know people who are millionaires who will steal anything they can , dingy came untied from someones dock waterfront resident towed it to his house took the outboard/gastank + other stuff - sent the dingy on its way free floating .

I've never figured out how there are small towns - one town has nice people - next town over is scumbags - florida is the scumbag state of the deep south . I lived in Ms. for 22 years - 1 year in LA. before that . Met lots of nice people from Mississippi Alabama & LA. , EXTREMELY RARE around here in FL. . I have only a couple of people here I consider a friend more-less don't associate with anybody here what so ever .
Jerry Springer show said they noticed their best ''show people'' always came from florida - so they didn't need to search for ''springer show people'' anywhere else but florida .

I've ridden streetbikes all over this region - normal people everywhere but here - come here punks/loosers etc. will be hollaring FU for no reason whatsoever - the reason -- IT'S FLORIDA - I say it all the time .
An Airforce pal of mine in Biloxi -Bob- and I laughed about as soon as we ride into pensacola the goofs will start yelling hollaring crap - we'd bust out laughing as soon as the first goof hollared - which never took long . New guys riding with us would ask 'who are they? - ' why are the they talking ch-itt' ? IT'S FLORIDA Ride anywhere else and lads would look at your bikes say normal things - not in florida ...

Last edited by ol_mike; 07/13/19.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They say people who move to florida never hunt again.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,456
Posts18,471,117
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.