Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Christ can forgive a lot of sins. Considering the atrocities committed by Forrest and his men at Ft. Pillow and later as grand wizard of the KKK, Jesus did a lot of forgiving.

"Considering the atrocities committed by Forrest and his men at Ft. Pillow"

B ULLS HIT!!
They captured 300 Union soldiers, then murdered them. Who else has done such a thing? Santa Ana at Goliad. Are you in favor of him, too?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Really stupid move by Lyin Ted. Conservatives have absolutely NOTHING to gain by trying to out virtue signal or out PC the left on issues like this. He will gain a grand total of zero leftist votes but will likely lose support of those who consider themselves "southern sympathizers" who would be much more likely to support him......not many but every vote counts these days.

Almost as stupid as not endorsing Trump at the convention. I have little against Cruz and would certainly support him in a national election against a communist but pulling for him is a lot like pulling for a bad football team. He really needs to wise up.

The KKK as started by Forrest was an "insurgency" against an occupying army and carpetbaggers during reconstruction. Like James, if I were alive back then living where I do now, I could very well have been a member. IIRC Forrest attempted to disband it after reconstruction ended and cut ties with those who would not disband.

The KKK that everyone alive today remembers or at least thinks of when they hear "KKK" is the one of the early 20th century that had real numbers and real political power all over the U.S. These are the guys who burned crosses, dressed in sheets. bombed churches, etc.

Really two different outfits. Someone should have told LT that before he made himself look silly.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/13/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lincoln was a statist pig and got what he had coming.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem that Ted Cruz has, along with at least 95% of Republicans is that they are stupid enough to believe that if they're nice to a Negro, or the Hispanics, or the queers, or this group or that group, that they'll come across as looking like "nice guys" and get some of their votes. That's what it boils down to.......the quest for the almighty vote. That is one thing that I admire about Trump....he doesn't kiss azz to get a vote.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Lincoln was a statist pig and got what he had coming.

And the South got what it had coming because Lincoln was back shot at the very beginning of his second term?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Christ can forgive a lot of sins. Considering the atrocities committed by Forrest and his men at Ft. Pillow and later as grand wizard of the KKK, Jesus did a lot of forgiving.

B ULLS HIT!!
They captured 300 Union soldiers, then murdered them. Who else has done such a thing? Santa Ana at Goliad. Are you in favor of him, too?

You are blaming Forrest for what he stopped. Historical record says that after the surrender some of the captured soldiers picked up weapons and fired again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yes we did Lincoln wanted to send them all back to the jungle

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The North wanted to turn the South into an agricultural colony. Slavery was the excuse and the war did what it was supposed to do.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Compared to the total atrocities committed in the name of Saint Abraham The Emancipator by Sherman/Grant/et al - The South was devastated for several decades. How about the Northern states paying reparations to The South?? You know, the confiscation of legally purchased and owned human farm implements, burning of homes, thousands of women and girls being raped, livestock destroyed, etc. etc. etc. etc.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Threads like this remind me of how miraculous a thing it was that our ancestors who actually killed each other were able to patch this thing up so quickly.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Right, wrong or indifferent the past is what it was. We should acknowledge it, study it and learn from it but in the context of what was considered acceptable at that time. It is inappropriate to apply today's standards to events of the past. Atrocities are committed in times of war as well as in times of peace. It is easy to judge events of the past but more difficult to determine the course ahead.

Many of the events of the past could have been handled differently but they were not. America is still the most free and most generous nation the world has ever known and the entire world is a better place because she exists. As a result people from all over the world risk their lives and the lives of their families to come here.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 45_100
As a result people from all over the world risk their lives and the lives of their families to come here.

Hardly anybody moves to America these days except for poverty stricken residents of the 3rd world.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

B ULLS HIT!!

At goaliad fannin surrendered only to be marched out and executed a few days later. At ft pillow Forrest offered terms and was on record as saying he would not guarantee quarter if the garrisOn didn’t surrender yet still tried to stop it. I would say the garrisOn made its choice when it chose not to surrender knowing that quarter may not be given if they didn’t.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
You wouldn't know a real Commie if he kicked you in the ass. How could Lincoln be something that was not even in existence?

The Communist Manifesto was written in 1848, many of the officers/generals of the G.A.R. were European immigrants who subscribed to the communist ideology.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RJY66
Threads like this remind me of how miraculous a thing it was that our ancestors who actually killed each other were able to patch this thing up so quickly.

It was not "patched up". The South was left without enough resources to feed itself much less fight. 150 years of Yankee lies taught in our schools have caused the idea of freedom to almost die out, but there has been no forgiveness and won't be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
You wouldn't know a real Commie if he kicked you in the ass. How could Lincoln be something that was not even in existence?

The Communist Manifesto was written in 1848, many of the officers/generals of the G.A.R. were European immigrants who subscribed to the communist ideology.

Ole Bowswinger has swallowed that story about Lincoln being the Great Emancipator all his life. He truly believes that Lincoln wanted to preserve the Union, and that Ole Honest Abe was the greatest president ever. The reality of the situation is that he does not care that Lincoln was a tyrant, who ordered the Northern armies to lay waste to the South and to it's citizens.......even if those citizens were not soldiers.

Lincoln's only redeeming quality in my book was that he considered the Negro to not be the equal of the White man, and should be sent back to Africa. Would he have pushed for that, had he not been killed, I really doubt it. The powers-to-be in the North were keen to use the Negro former slaves to punish the Whites in the South, and most likely would not have allowed them to have been sent back.

There is no argument to the fact that America would be a better and safer place today, if the slaves had all been returned to the jungle.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Ted Cruz is exactly right about the KKK.

Yep. I grew up in the South and have no use for them and their members.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by EIB0879

Ya, well I grew in the south too, and doubt pretty [bleep] seriously that you actually seen OR knew of any more actual card carrying members of the klan than I did. Which was none....

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by EIB0879

Ya, well I grew in the south too, and doubt pretty [bleep] seriously that you actually seen OR knew of any more actual card carrying members of the klan than I did. Which was none....

Wrong.

Last edited by EIB0879; 07/13/19.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Really stupid and pointless move on the part of Cruz. As RJY already stated the KKK has existed in various forms but the one Forrest led was righteous in their forming and in their actions. Not to mention the fact that he was a commissioned officer and brave soldier of the Confederate Army.

That is a part of history. To disavow it is criminal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.