-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Problem is ever thing in Florida will sting, bite, chew, poison you, swarm you, eat you, or attack you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m a native South Floridian, and so is my Dad. I can’t tell you how much this place has changed in my lifetime, and my Dad being here all of his 82 years has seen it change even more.

I can tell you that in my lifetime, South Florida has gone from a great place to raise your kids, to a place where everyone is affected by the schittbirds who now call this place home. Even the best communities have to deal with crime, drugs, terrible schools, low wages, and nothing to do outside as most of the open land we once had has been appropriated for housing, strip malls, restaurants, and paved over. This is NOT the South Florida I grew up in, but sadly, it is what it has become. Maybe it’s time to move? Tennessee or N Carolina like all the other escapees from here? Over to the West Coast of FL where people seem more laid back? I don’t know.

That being said, there is still beauty here and in lots of other places in FL if you know where to find it, good folks, once you weed through the schittbirds, and decent hunting and fishing if you dont mind working around all the googans here.

Sound wonderful to you? Well, welcome!

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 07/13/19.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Spotshooter: Its a hell of lot better place than kalifornicationkopia!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mtnsnake: Now they have "things" there that will constrict you to death!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Still better than kalifornicationkopia!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
Too many old people like me! Too many Hurricanes.

Lots of Canadians in the winter months. That can't be a bad thing. smile

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are things "wrong" with anywhere you live. Don't seem right to pick on Florida.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Problem is ever thing in Florida will sting, bite, chew, poison you, swarm you, eat you, or attack you.

Flakka zombies in the condo parking lot?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

nothings wrong with FLA. so long as you don't mind some drunk guy from Montana sleeping it off in your front yard. Again

Now that's funny.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so far the 3 things that stand out are:
  • schidtty weather
  • people that always lived there
  • people that have moved there

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Yes we will. Tell your friends.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
I’m a native South Floridian, and so is my Dad. I can’t tell you how much this place has changed in my lifetime, and my Dad being here all of his 82 years has seen it change even more.

I can tell you that in my lifetime, South Florida has gone from a great place to raise your kids, to a place where everyone is affected by the schittbirds who now call this place home. Even the best communities have to deal with crime, drugs, terrible schools, low wages, and nothing to do outside as most of the open land we once had has been appropriated for housing, strip malls, restaurants, and paved over. This is NOT the South Florida I grew up in, but sadly, it is what it has become. Maybe it’s time to move? Tennessee or N Carolina like all the other escapees from here? Over to the West Coast of FL where people seem more laid back? I don’t know.

That being said, there is still beauty here and in lots of other places in FL if you know where to find it, good folks, once you weed through the schittbirds, and decent hunting and fishing if you dont mind working around all the googans here.

Sound wonderful to you? Well, welcome!

+1
This can be said about most cities in any state today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I worked bridge construction summers in Iowa through college. 90+* days, cloudless sky’s and I turned the color of mahogany. I would burn fairly badly several times a summer; thought little of it. Now,..I can barely tolerate 80* days with any humidity. Was in FL in February (and have been many times in winter) when it was still up mid-‘80’s, humid and crowded.

I can only imagine April through October. No thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's wrong with Florida? Too close to Deflave. Used to summer on fort Walton beach. Had a time share there.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

hurricanes....

blue hairs......

humidity......

gators

skeeters........

malls.......

traffic.......

concrete......

trashy low life beach dwellers

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FL aint for pu&&ys if you can not take the heat stay out of the fire .and stay home we will thank you for it

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
If they bury me in Citrus Co. FL, I'll be generation No. 6......

Whats wrong???
We don't have enough water....
Too many people, when I started about 6,000,000 today 22,000,000
AND... most of them people think we should 'do it' the way they did it back home....

Damn near got killed or nearly kilt a driver two nights ago........ I'm sure she is sweet enough, but she didn't see a Green Dodge Ram coming at her with the lights on...... never even looked my way. NOT quite sure how we missed!!!!

IF they think that they might, maybe, possibly, in the next 20 miles or so, need to make a left turn.................. they get in the left lane!!!!

They are NOT afraid to see if YOUR brakes work!!!

They will pull out in front of you and STOP!!!!!!

PS: Do NOT, repeat NOT, trust their turn signals.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My back yard a few years ago.

[Linked Image]

A few weeks later.

[Linked Image]

The next day...

[Linked Image]

The day after the neighbor's dog went out to play...

[Linked Image]

My lizard has no soul. It is a monster that thrives on stupid.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am lucky a bubby of mine is a gator trapper when one shows up in the back yard I just call him and he brings me a tag. all legal in the freezer they go

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't understand all the fuss about Florida either. I really like it here.

People claim it's hot but I haven't noticed it.

It's just like anywhere else in the summer.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How about this for an incentive to go there? This showed up on Foxnews right after I read this thread.

Florida woman says dad died of flesh-eating bacteria less than 48 hours after entering water
Paulina Dedaj By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

A Tennessee man died just 48 hours after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria from waters in Florida after his daughter says the hospital he was treated at ignored her warnings that he had contracted necrotizing fasciitis.

Cheryl Bennett Wiygul, a resident of Okaloosa County, said her parents had come down from Memphis to spend several days with her last week.

During their stay, the family spent several days in the water, including at a beach in Destin, a creek and a swamp in Boggy Bayou. Wiygul said she had heard the recent reports of people in Florida contracting a flesh-eating bacteria and as a result, she took extra precautions with her father, who was previously diagnosed with cancer.

“When my parents got in town I was fanatical about Neosporin and liquid bandaid,” she said in a Facebook post on Wednesday. “My Dad didn’t have any open wounds. He had a couple places that were practicality healed small scratches on his arms and legs that I made sure were super sealed up. My mom religiously sun-blocked him. We were taking precautions and we were good, so I thought.”

Wiygul said that at around 4:00 a.m. Saturday - some 12 hours after being in the water - her father began to complain of fever, chills and some cramping. The family decided that it would be best if he was treated back in Tennessee where the doctors were already familiar with his previous health issues.

They left later that morning where the symptoms worsened. He was taken to a hospital in Memphis at around 8 p.m.

Wiygul said that while her father was changing into his hospital gown, staff noticed a “terrible swollen black spot on his back” that had not previously been there. Her mother sent her a picture and Wiygul instantly recognized what was wrong with her father.

“I told her to tell them he was in the water in Florida and it was necrotizing fasciitis. She told everyone that came in the room. One person told her the media had blown that out of proportion. Others said it was staph. They would not biopsy it,” her lengthy Facebook post read.

The man’s conditioned worsened despite being treated with antibiotics, and at around 1 a.m. he became septic and coded a short time after. He was brought back by medical staff but his health continued to decline.

“Less than 48 hours after getting out of the water feeling great, the bacteria had destroyed him,”
“My dad had a lot of medical issues but heart was not one of them. They had to intubate him. He coded again. They said his organs were too damaged and his blood was too acidic to sustain life,” Wiygul said. “He was gone by Sunday afternoon.”

Wiygul said that the hospital conducted tests which confirmed that her father had in fact contracted vibrio vulnificus which manifested into necrotizing fasciitis.

She blamed the beaches for not posting advisories about any bacteria in the water, adding that her father may have been alive today had she known the dangers.

Although the infection is not very common, scientists expect more cases to be reported as the weather gets hotter as the bacteria flourishes in warm water.

“Less than 48 hours after getting out of the water feeling great, the bacteria had destroyed him,” she wrote. “I would never have taken my Dad in the water if there was a bacteria advisory but it would have been because I didn’t want him to get a stomach virus not because I thought it would kill him.”

Wiygul shared her dad’s story hoping it would shed more light on a crucial issue that she feels the general public lacks the most basic information on.

“I do believe if there was a simple sign posted about the risk of swimming with an open wound or an immune disorder, we wouldn’t have let him get in … here is information out there but I didn’t find it all until it was too late. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else.”

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.