Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tikkanut

another topic........

how the fug do you get 75K posts ?

You make 75K posts.

Any other brain teasers?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Ok in the “why so many tags” thread.. a bunch of guys said “NEVER AGAIN”... about Florida, and only non-hunters live there.

HUH ? ... I wandered through it once on a work run, but only stopped for key lime pie.

So - what’s wrong with Florida (beyond the crazy as bat chit posts I see of people arrested in Florida that is).

Are you a millennial? You started the thread title with a "so" and led two sentences in your thread with a superfluous "OK" or "So." It's mostly young democrats I see doing that. Do you use a lot of "likes" in the spoken language?

Paul,

I try to be flexible enough to use vernacular that gets the response I want, while still having fun and goofing off.. it is the Internet you know.
So- you part of the grammar militia ? smile

LOL..

BTW - Calling a recently retired corp. engineer / new Gunsmith a young democrat millennial will get you special pricing if you ever need rifle work done. (By special I mean double the cost)
smile

Now see, that's the perfect way to respond to net smartassery. Very well done!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Florida is THE answer for the good folks fleeing California.

[Linked Image]

That's quality entertainment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut

just curious ?

How did Deflave end up in FL from MT.......?

I would rather have my balls pounded with a wooden hammer than live in FL

Interesting story actually.

I lived on the Hi-Line for 10 years.

And then I decided to try Florida for a spell.

Fin.

That was one titillating tale, you had me on edge all the way...

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

If the beach is your thing then the best beaches in the world are from Pensacola to Destin on the Gulf Coast. The outer banks of North Carolina don't come close.

There's people on Florida's beaches. Find a place to pull off the road about halfway between the ferry landing and Ocracoke village and you can see the Atlantic coast like Columbus found it. There's nobody on Ocracoke Island except for the residents of the village,..and 99% of the people who vacation there don't venture more than a mile north of the village.

The barrier island is about 16 miles long and if you check out any beach area a few miles up the road from the village you're probably not even going to see any footprints.

A lot of North Carolina's Outer Banks are like that. There's quite a few more people out there than there was back when I first started visiting back in the 70's,..but there's still long stretches of secluded National Seashore between Oregon Inlet and Ocracoke village.

Shut up B, we got enough [bleep] moving here from up north trying to turn this state blue. Folks don't listen to Bristoe cause this place sucks. Everybody here has the clapp and is an inbred low brow.

Yea, no joke. The west coast, with all the rocks and seals is where folks should go. This place is oppressively hot, humid, infested with sand spurs, and home to LOTS of sharks. The water is too green to see em coming too.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More Florida Wonders..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thas a big fuggin' iguana!

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You don't want to capsize your kayak in Floriduh.......

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
More Florida Wonders..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I had to look up Ozello Keys. That's one of the cool things about Florida. For the massive population of the state, there are hidden treasures everywhere!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Everytime I am down in Florida , I wonder how the early explorers did it with no mosquito repellents, wearing heavy armor, dealing with skirmishes day in day out along with stifling heat and humidity and the horror of no AC.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gobs of public land here.

Including the ocean.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Everytime I am down in Florida , I wonder how the early explorers did it with no mosquito repellents, wearing heavy armor, dealing with skirmishes day in day out along with stifling heat and humidity and the horror of no AC.

I told my wife that if I rode a horse into Florida I'd have stopped around Jacksonville with a very adamant "fugk this."

Reading about Flagler and what he did to pave south Florida is pretty fascinating. And depressing.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That was quite an engineering feat by Flagler. It should have gained more notoriety then it did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are many different "Florida's" these days. My wife was born and raised in Orlando. Central Florida away from the coast can still be quite nice, but Disney has created a monster around itself that locals hate. Lake Co.and surroundings is still not over grown and close enough to Orlando to enough all the city things.

Panhandle is as redneck as South Georgia or Alabama, maybe even more so. The condo parade that the St. Joe Company has built over the past 25 years has swallowed up the entire panhandle coast with development. A little chilly in the winter for short shirt weather year around.

Tampa/St. Pete has always been a little strange to me. Tampa is a working port, and can be less than glitzy. St. Pete has been God's waiting room for a long time. Sarasota is mini Great Britain in the winter. Ft. Meyers/Naples is the Snowbird resting site in the winter. Never seen anything so seasonal as Naples/Marco Island. Dead in the summer and butt to butt crowded in the winter.

Atlantic coast — gets to be an extension of NY. NJ, and Ontario from St. Augustine all the way to Vero Beach.

Miami and Dade/Broward counties. Welcome to the capital of Latin America! My cousin moved to Coral Gables to work about 1980, and every time she went to the grocery store and English was the second language, she moved up the coast. Ft. Lauderdale. Deerfield, Port St. Lucie and so on. If she lives long enough she'll be in Georgia.

Keys - Always been fully of weirdos and flakes along with hard core conchs. Key West is circus of gays and cruise ships and tourists.

Weather.

Florida south of Gainesville is as good as it gets Nov-April. 70-80ºf, low humidity, low bugs, not too rainy. May - Sept it's hot and humid. Bugs galore. However, it's really not much different from where I live in June - August, with the exception of afternoon thunderstorms, which can be welcome.

Speaking of those, you can witness some spectacular and nasty lighting almost every day this time of year. Tampa area and Ft. Meyers is unreal. Panhandle is no different. As the land mass heats up during the day, convection pulls the moist air in from the Gulf and about 4 pm it comes down in buckets. Pensacola has a unique climate in that respect with P'cola Beach being an island, just inland is Gulf Breeze of the peninsula, then P'cola across the bay. 30 miles north is Cantonment, AL and Century. FL. I've seen so many days there where the sun is out on P'cola Beach, clouds and sprinkles in Gulf Breeze, Pensacola proper is getting rain, and Century/Cantonment is getting horrendous lightning and traffic stopping deluge that lasts about 20-30 minutes. Then everything clears up and is sunny again.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of different fishes,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some bigger than others...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of different places to camp..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose the Florida thing is much like anything else, it's just based on ones point of view...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A lot of the hate toward Florida stems from jealousy.

Not really, Most of Florida's "attributes" have been adroitly covered. The place sucks...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12savage, 61 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,643
Posts18,512,351
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.