Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
First thing wrong is it isn't the South. There's some patches of Crackers here and there you could rightly call Southern, but for the most part, no. There rest of the state is a mongrelized mess. The food sucks, too. Kinda hard to make anything taste right with water that bad. You'd think you could get good seafood anywhere, but they're too lazy to bother. If there's any good BBQ I never found it.

I will say that the hunters down there who are consistently successful are very good. The few years I hunted down there made me a better deer hunter. I stuck with it long enough to get a decent public land buck and then hung it up. It's much more worthwhile to spend hunting time on the road going somewhere better. Likewise I stuck with the turkeys long enough to get a gobbler. Those FL birds weren't any harder than public Easterns in some other places. It was just so many people messing me up all the time until I found one and killed it before they had the chance.

There is some really pretty swamp down there like I have seen nowhere else, though. Still wouldn't recommend it.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JeffA

I've stayed at the peak of season for between 4 to $500.00 a night, off season it's 2 to $300.00, that's for ocean side balcony room's.
At seasons peak, you can drop 1200 to $1600.00 a night for a deluxe rooms at hot resorts in Key West.

Ouch!

I think I'll just set up a tent in Clark's yard for 3 months. Way cheaper! Especially when you factor in the free beer!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never lived in Florida. Taxes and climate seem nice, outstanding fishing. Seems everyone we meet who just moved to TN came from Michigan or Florida. I can understand them leaving Michigan, but why Florida?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Never lived in Florida. Taxes and climate seem nice, outstanding fishing. Seems everyone we meet who just moved to TN came from Michigan or Florida. I can understand them leaving Michigan, but why Florida?

They are called Halfbacks. They can't stand the heat

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was to move to Florida I would melt and be a big grease stain on the sidewalk.... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too hot, too many ticks, mosquitoes are too many and too big, too many chiggers, too many other things that want to eat you and too many diseases. That did not mention all the big reptiles trying have you for dinner. And almost for got about the hungry pigs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Windfall
We took the boat ride out of Winter Park, FL this last year and I've never seen such opulence. People were tearing down two million dollar places to build nicer ones just to get the waterfront location. I don't see many/any Bentleys back home either, but I saw them there. From a tax standpoint, the deep pocketed people head there, but the FL. sales taxes are real high for normal people and it would be tough for a new couple just starting out furnishing a home.

Sales tax is generally 6% or 7% in most counties. What do you consider reasonable or normal?

FL does not have state tax, city tax, death tax, etc.

Check that in NY or CA or anywhere else offering Sanctuary cities and get back to me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
First thing wrong is it isn't the South. There's some patches of Crackers here and there you could rightly call Southern, but for the most part, no. There rest of the state is a mongrelized mess. The food sucks, too. Kinda hard to make anything taste right with water that bad. You'd think you could get good seafood anywhere, but they're too lazy to bother. If there's any good BBQ I never found it.

I will say that the hunters down there who are consistently successful are very good. The few years I hunted down there made me a better deer hunter. I stuck with it long enough to get a decent public land buck and then hung it up. It's much more worthwhile to spend hunting time on the road going somewhere better. Likewise I stuck with the turkeys long enough to get a gobbler. Those FL birds weren't any harder than public Easterns in some other places. It was just so many people messing me up all the time until I found one and killed it before they had the chance.

There is some really pretty swamp down there like I have seen nowhere else, though. Still wouldn't recommend it.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Too hot, too many ticks, mosquitoes are too many and too big, too many chiggers, too many other things that want to eat you and too many diseases. That did not mention all the big reptiles trying have you for dinner. And almost for got about the hungry pigs.

Not to mention there ain't a tampon stand for miles, and miles, and miles.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by DubThomas
I stayed in Jacksonville once back in 2003 for a week and a half. Too humid, too many bugs, but DAMN!!!! I ain't never seen so many HAWWWWWT women in my life! And I didn't care that most had been surgically enhanced. I'd go back just for that!

There are Hawwwwt women throughout Florida.

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jorgeI

My wife enforces the 51/100 rule. The Navy stationed me here and we are equidistant from my family in Miami and hers in Pensacola, even though her dad spends half the year up at their place in the PA mountains. That is probably were we're headed once I retire from my present job.

Might wanna work on your machismo buddy.

Why did you move from Montana to Florida?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Food Sucks ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You Obviously are not referring to Cuban Food...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

My wife enforces the 51/100 rule. The Navy stationed me here and we are equidistant from my family in Miami and hers in Pensacola, even though her dad spends half the year up at their place in the PA mountains. That is probably were we're headed once I retire from my present job.

Might wanna work on your machismo buddy.

Why did you move from Montana to Florida?

Opportunity knocked and I opened the door.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Food Sucks ?

Detective's call comments like that a "clue."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You Obviously are not referring to Cuban Food...

I’d go to Miami with Dad when I was a little kid. I still remember the food. First time I tried flan or plantains. Killer roast pork, rice and beans, shredded beef....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by DubThomas
I stayed in Jacksonville once back in 2003 for a week and a half. Too humid, too many bugs, but DAMN!!!! I ain't never seen so many HAWWWWWT women in my life! And I didn't care that most had been surgically enhanced. I'd go back just for that!

There are Hawwwwt women throughout Florida.

[Linked Image]

Lol. What is that!

Picture seems very Key West.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How can it be that this thread has ran page after page for days without even a mere mention of the fact that it's OK to shoot people that pizz us off in Florida?

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 26 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.