-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This scooter rider was much better than the dumbphugk that hit the cyclists. Much better form and line.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
I’ve been waiting for a 2 wheeled speed bump to get whacked by a quad-trac pulling a 60 foot airseeder.

How fast do them things go?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey gang, I've been thinking it would be fun to take my riding lawn mower out on the highway and ride with the cars and trucks.

Sounds super fun.

I think don't a flagger or anything like that would a good idea. Just too much work.....

Main goal is to have fun and piss everyone off!

Don't hit me though or I'll turn into a self righteous BITCH and sue you!

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
That video was just a parade of stupidity.

I will say one thing that is far more annoying than cyclists, buses. School buses.

Gawd I fuggin hate school buses.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Hey gang, I've been thinking it would be fun to take my riding lawn mower out on the highway and ride with the cars and trucks.

Sounds super fun.

I think don't a flagger or anything like that would a good idea. Just too much work.....

I can assure you that I won't run over you. I'll go around and get on with life. It ain't hard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh thank you soooo much.

That sounds super great.

One more little thing, my boyfriend and I like to ride side by side so when you come up behind us at 70 mph maybe just slow down really fast or swerve way over into the other lane when you finally get an open spot to pass pulling the heavy trailer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh thank you soooo much.

That sounds super great.

One more little thing, my boyfriend and I like to ride side by side so when you come up behind us at 70 mph maybe just slow down really fast or swerve way over into the other lane when you finally get an open spot to pass pulling the heavy trailer.

It won't be an issue Sam. Applying a little pressure to the brake or the steering wheel isn't physically exhausting to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So do you wetards that ride bicycles on the highway carry insurance to cover the damage you cause?
Of course not your all a buucnha arrogant jerks and this thread proves it

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
But mentally I bet it's a drag

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunswizard
The bicyclists I hate are the ones that can't ride single file but insist on riding two or three abreast so they can talk and socialize, acting as though it's their right to do so and the motorists are out of line.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I am not just speaking out of my ass. I have researched this. The larger the group the greater the time advantage to passing side by side cyclists, but the advantage applies to passing 3 side by side as opposed to strung out. This obviously assumes the motorist has to enter the oncoming lane to safely pass the cyclist. Where there's a useable shoulder or a lane wide enough for a motorist to safely share with the cyclist, then single file is best for the motorist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NGdQDEkWCE

Sure, except that in the instance with the riders two up, the motorist was way too damned close while following them. If two had tangled and gone down, the car didn't have enough room to avoid running over them. So car should have started a couple seconds further away. So now it's 18 seconds vs 14.

Secondly, here in the US, I'm aware of no laws requiring the motor vehicle to move completely to the other lane. CA requires 3 feet between car and bike, other states require only 2. So there's more time made up not moving fully over into the other lane. Tons of places here where you don't even need to cross the centerline, and yet leave plenty of room to pass a group of single file cyclists.

Thirdly, what does the motorist do when something appears suddenly on the left. (or from the right in the English video)? Quite possibly swerves to the right. Where there is now less room for error because the riders are three up. Again, riders potentially getting mangled. Oh sure the motorist may, or may not face civil penalties. I hope the families of those lost take comfort in that. Best remember there's a jury in that civil action. And those people on the jury? They're made up of folks just like the ones found in this thread. So good luck with that massive lawsuit. Oh, and BTW, if you're not riding your bicycle "as close as practicable to the curb or right hand edge of the roadway", well here in CA, that's illegal. So, super dooper good luck with that lawsuit...

And last, there's the emotional/psychological effect that three riders abreast, blocking the entire lane has, vs those same three riding single file. The former incites the kind of anger found here in the thread. The latter, not nearly as much. Especially if this single file group is entirely within the shoulder.

Stay safe out there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've seen several times in my travels, when they have pulled right out in front of moving vehicles....
and then learn the logistics of 5 to 10,000 lbs vs 200lbs of cyclist and rider....

saw one get wacked last year, after pulling right in front of a Dodge 3500 Dually, after running the stop sign.

Left no room for the Dodge not to hit him.....

I felt no sympathy for the the cyclist....he played Russian Roulette with a large loaded pickup and lost....

kinda like feeling sympathy for someone who shoots himself... stupid should hurt...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
I've seen several times in my travels, when they have pulled right out in front of moving vehicles....
and then learn the logistics of 5 to 10,000 lbs vs 200lbs of cyclist and rider....

saw one get wacked last year, after pulling right in front of a Dodge 3500 Dually, after running the stop sign.

I felt no sympathy for the the cyclist....he played Russian Roulette with a large loaded pickup and lost....

kinda like feeling sympathy for someone who shoots himself... stupid should hurt...

Motorists do that too. Disregard for stop lights and stop signs isn't unique to the cycling community.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

I am not just speaking out of my ass. I have researched this. The larger the group the greater the time advantage to passing side by side cyclists, but the advantage applies to passing 3 side by side as opposed to strung out. This obviously assumes the motorist has to enter the oncoming lane to safely pass the cyclist. Where there's a useable shoulder or a lane wide enough for a motorist to safely share with the cyclist, then single file is best for the motorist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NGdQDEkWCE

Sure, except that in the instance with the riders two up, the motorist was way too damned close while following them. If two had tangled and gone down, the car didn't have enough room to avoid running over them. So car should have started a couple seconds further away. So now it's 18 seconds vs 14.

Secondly, here in the US, I'm aware of no laws requiring the motor vehicle to move completely to the other lane. CA requires 3 feet between car and bike, other states require only 2. So there's more time made up not moving fully over into the other lane. Tons of places here where you don't even need to cross the centerline, and yet leave plenty of room to pass a group of single file cyclists.

Thirdly, what does the motorist do when something appears suddenly on the left. (or from the right in the English video)? Quite possibly swerves to the right. Where there is now less room for error because the riders are three up. Again, riders potentially getting mangled. Oh sure the motorist may, or may not face civil penalties. I hope the families of those lost take comfort in that. Best remember there's a jury in that civil action. And those people on the jury? They're made up of folks just like the ones found in this thread. So good luck with that massive lawsuit. Oh, and BTW, if you're not riding your bicycle "as close as practicable to the curb or right hand edge of the roadway", well here in CA, that's illegal. So, super dooper good luck with that lawsuit...

And last, there's the emotional/psychological effect that three riders abreast, blocking the entire lane has, vs those same three riding single file. The former incites the kind of anger found here in the thread. The latter, not nearly as much. Especially if this single file group is entirely within the shoulder.

Stay safe out there.

Under California law, what does "as close as practicable to the curb or right hand edge of the roadway" mean when the lane isn't wide enough for a cyclist and motorist to safely share?

I rarely ride in groups. When I do it's on lightly traveled roadways. We always single up for motorists. It doesn't save them time, but they feel better about it. As you have correctly identified, it serves the same purpose a pacifier does to a baby. It provides emotional comfort.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Goosey
The bicyclists I hate are the ones that can't ride single file but insist on riding two or three abreast so they can talk and socialize, acting as though it's their right to do so and the motorists are out of line.

That was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many of the bike complainers on this thread are overweight/out of shape and should actually ride a bike once in a while?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sounds super fun.

No problem. You've got a truck you've paid gas tax on so you should be good to go!

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

Motorists do that too. Disregard for stop lights and stop signs isn't unique to the cycling community.

In my experience the percentage of bicyclist disregarding traffic signal and rules of the road is much higher than the percentage of motorists.

In fact I never see a car go from riding down a side walk, slip over to the road, blow through a red light and cross diagonally across an intersection. I've see that at least once just this month. Several other times seen something similar. Changes states like a quantum particle, pedestrian->vehicle->unnamed thing impervious to physics.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Goosey

That was awesome.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,674
Posts18,493,813
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.