Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Manuals are a much more difficult sell these days. The majority opt for the paddle shift. Like or not, there are about 3 generations, the majority of whom, have never used three pedals.

Last edited by battue; 07/20/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I own two vehicles with paddle shifters. I don't know how to use them.

I know how to drive my old F-150 5 speed, however.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ERK
Some of you guys need to get behind the wheel of these cars. If you drove them you would see that they are all very good drivers but built for different things. Everyday driver the challenger wins. Race track the mustang or Camaro. I personally will never be on a circuit track so the leg room and backseat and trunk and visibility make the Challenger my pick. If you don’t need their stuff buy one of the others. The Vette is in a league by it self. Just sold mine because my other car suffices. If you think you need more room get the CTS V caddy. 650 horse and runs with all the euro type for way less dollars. Ed k

We've had them brought into the shop over at the Comm College Automotive program where I am a volunteer...

they are a pain in the As* to get into, and even a bigger pain to try and get out of...

That doesn't impress me very much...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
One goes takes you up and the other down. Up is usually on the right.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
One goes takes you up and the other down. Up is usually on the right.

so they put one of those lift and lower hydrolic suspensions like Mexicans like to put on 64 Chebbies?

That'll sell them in East LA to all the Drug Dealers... now all you need is one of those chain link steering wheels..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ERK
Some of you guys need to get behind the wheel of these cars. If you drove them you would see that they are all very good drivers but built for different things. Everyday driver the challenger wins. Race track the mustang or Camaro. I personally will never be on a circuit track so the leg room and backseat and trunk and visibility make the Challenger my pick. If you don’t need their stuff buy one of the others. The Vette is in a league by it self. Just sold mine because my other car suffices. If you think you need more room get the CTS V caddy. 650 horse and runs with all the euro type for way less dollars. Ed k

We've had them brought into the shop over at the Comm College Automotive program where I am a volunteer...

they are a pain in the As* to get into, and even a bigger pain to try and get out of...

Name me one true sports car you climb up to get into. There is a reason your 4 runner sucks on a road course.

The next post doesn’t warrant a reply. You usually do much better.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Looked online about racing at LeMans [endurance] no mention of camaros/mustang/cuda/challenger , long ago Ford GT40 and modern GT Ford [awesome car] , Corvette wins - hordes of wins over the years .
I remember the showroom stock racing in the late 80's early 90's - Corvette's were kicked out due to no other cars could compete with them . A couple of Porsche 944 turbos did ok but that's about it .
A new series was started corvettes against corvettes , ferrari had plans of going into the series but didn't .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ERK

Name me one true sports car you climb up to get into. There is a reason your 4 runner sucks on a road course.

The next post doesn’t warrant a reply. You usually do much better.

Don't drive my 4 Runner on a road course or like a Corvette....its a 4 cylinder 22 RE under the hood.

It ain't a Vette, but my Acura RL is a fun car if you want to get out and run it fast on Oregon Mountain Roads...
the paved ones at least...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Avoidance isn’t an answer.

Anyway, family had an Acura Legend that I drove more than a little. Very similar and the precursor to the RL, FWD and all. Really nice car, but like the RL, it most certainly wasn’t close to a Vette. Mainly because it wasn’t a sports car.

Will admit, the Acura RL is an excellent cruiser that most overlook.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The corvette has always been mid engine, mid front. Now it’s mid rear. Cornering should be better but now it’ll spin like a top when you crash.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

A sports car. And why paddle shifting has replaced the manual.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Avoidance isn’t an answer.

Anyway, family had an Acura Legend that I drove more than a little. Very similar and the precursor to the RL, FWD and all. Really nice car, but like the RL, it most certainly wasn’t close to a Vette. Mainly because it wasn’t a sports car.

Will admit, the Acura RL is an excellent cruiser that most overlook.

Battue

I'm not a Corvette kinda driver is all... not knocking those that love them...

Wasn't attempting avoid anything...

The RL is more my speed or style tho...mine runs like 300 HP.. is all wheel driver, it has the paddle shifters if you want to run those....I've played with them some but usually just run it in standard automatic mode...

on the Interstate in Mountainous areas like we have out this way... it can be a lot of fun at 100 mph or so...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If I had $60K to throw away, I'd most definitely throw it at this new 'vette.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by coobie
Originally Posted by ERK
+1 love our 2018 dodge challenger SRT.Being old fuggers test drove the vette,mustang & camaro.Challenger was a better everyday driver and a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of..

I’m sure it is a nice car. However, in no way is it a sports car, other than it can go fast.
There is more to a sports car, which is what the thread is about than straight line speed.

Put it in track mode and then let me know what you think..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Geezus, I am not a chevy fan but have always been a corvette fan. Its a sports car, 2 seats , lowslung,super taut suspension, superior aerodynamics and a powerful engine. Comparing it to "Pony Cars" which the mustang,camaro,challenger are is a joke. Yes they are better everyday drivers but a honda civic trumps them for that purpose.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Manuals are a much more difficult sell these days. The majority opt for the paddle shift. Like or not, there are about 3 generations, the majority of whom, have never used three pedals.

That DCT is going to be faster as well. When it comes to selling sports cars like the new ‘Vette, stats matter. Taking a 0-60 time from 3.whatever to 2.something is huge. Same with the 1/4 mile.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I won't touch a paddle shifter

I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally hit it while driving, look back and see my transmission laying in the road

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Geezus, I am not a chevy fan but have always been a corvette fan. Its a sports car, 2 seats , lowslung,super taut suspension, superior aerodynamics and a powerful engine. Comparing it to "Pony Cars" which the mustang,camaro,challenger are is a joke. Yes they are better everyday drivers but a honda civic trumps them for that purpose.

Carroll Shelby referred to the Cobra [not mustang] , GT-40 and Corvette as ''SPORT CARS'' not ''Sport'S' cars'' , others were sporty but weren't sport cars .

Battue ,
Nurburgring track is badass , ever seen the the Nurburgring van lap the track ? Pretty funny , shows how knowing a track can be a huge benefit .

Last edited by ol_mike; 07/21/19.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A sports car. And why paddle shifting has replaced the manual.

That's RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!!

Too bad Camaros don't handle...………………………...

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, let's just go down to the Chevy dealer & get us a 181 MPH Camaro. WOW!!!!!

I knew the those were badass, but I had no idea. Years ago I could just punch the crap out out of anything & drive the hell out of it. Think 'ya better respect some of the stuff that's made these days, they could get you in trouble real quick.

Last edited by gunzo; 07/21/19.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,895
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.