Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunzo
Yeah, let's just go down to the Chevy dealer & get us a 181 MPH Camaro. WOW!!!!!

I knew the those were badass, but I had no idea. Years ago I could just punch the crap out out of anything & drive the hell out of it. Think 'ya better respect some of the stuff that's made these days, they could get you in trouble real quick.

Just a guess...…...….but I'm betting 181 is NOT where that one stops. A little more (or a lot more) straightaway and......…...….

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The c7 ZR1 has 750 horse while the Camaro is only 650. Weights about700 pounds less also. Kinda wonder how much the mid engine hp Vette will get when it debuts. I still think I prefer the current look to the mid engine one. Ed k

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That new vette will look awesome going 10 under in the fast lane with a grey haired dude rolling it solo.

Just like every other vette.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ERK
The c7 ZR1 has 750 horse while the Camaro is only 650. Weights about700 pounds less also. Kinda wonder how much the mid engine hp Vette will get when it debuts. I still think I prefer the current look to the mid engine one. Ed k

The good old days of performance cars are NOW.

Yeah...…...….the 2019 Camaro doesn't have the simplistic brawn of the 1969. But it whoops the AZZ off the '69 on paper in EVERY aspect. Same with the _______________ (fill in the blank........Challenger, Mustang...….)

Back when I was building horsepower with no computer chips, turbos or EFI, it took cubic inches, barely streetable cams and BIG compression to make 600 HP. The very last engine I built was a BBC slightly over 400 CID with 12.5:1 pistons and a BIG, lumpy cam. It made 5 1/2 MPG highway on 115 octane fuel. Cool factor ??? Whips ANYTHING made today. Practcality ?? Drivability ?? Handling through a turn ?? Fuhgitaboutit……… !!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Seafire:

Only meant that all real sports cars are low to the ground out of form follows function. Which means you have to more or less fall into them and crawl your way out.

I drove mine to a shoot one day this weekend. It most certainly received more comments than the two days I drove the 4 runner. Most of the time on the highway it was 10-15 over and not 10 under. And for brief moments more. Funny that and I’m 75.

Last edited by battue; 07/21/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Into the 270’s with a Vette and smoother than the Camaro run. Think it was in track mode?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If have a hard time cramming a deer in that trunk. I'd have to tie to the roof.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RS308MX
If have a hard time cramming a deer in that trunk. I'd have to tie to the roof.

On the C7 you could get one in the trunk. With the C8 it would require cutting the legs off. Next?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Am I the only one, who thinks that is fuggly?

I think that Vette is as ugly as any other Vette. I wouldn't drive one to a dog fight.

All similar sports cars in general are of no interest to me. I don't need the attention and would take a Tacoma any day of the week over one of those.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Did ya date the plain Jane girls or was your blah taste limited to vehicles? Sorry lol. Ed k

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
Did ya date the plain Jane girls or was your blah taste limited to vehicles? Sorry lol. Ed k

I had no problem getting dates. If one needs a car like that to meet girls, they must be lacking somewhere or think they do anyways. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK

And furthermore ...... If a girl will only date you based on your ownership of a car like that, she ain't much of a date in the first place. She'll only find someone with a nicer car and a bigger house and move on. I never had much time for "movie stars". smile

Just so you don't think I'm a total dolt, the following 600hp station wagon would be of interest.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my 78 yr old aunt drives a ZO6.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I think that Vette is as ugly as any other Vette. I wouldn't drive one to a dog fight.

All similar sports cars in general are of no interest to me. I don't need the attention and would take a Tacoma any day of the week over one of those.

If Il'm going to buy a truck it would be a real truck and not a Tonka Toy/Match Box scaled down one. See how that works?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue

If Il'm going to buy a truck it would be a real truck and not a Tonka Toy/Match Box scaled down one. See how that works?

I get that statement all the time. I don't need to compensate for anything with a bigger truck (or flashy car) but apparently many do.

My scaled down Tonka Toy Truck does everything I need it to do and more. On my second Tacoma now. You wouldn't believe me if I told you what I got for the first 10yr old Tacoma on a trade-in.In 10yrs all I had to do to that truck was replace the front brakes and rear shocks.

OTOH ..... You'd have to pay to have a 10yr old RAM towed away. smile

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Interesting thread.
I’m one of those old (68) gray haired but I still have hair, guys that drive a Z06 corvette (2016).
If some guys think I’m compensation for something, or need it to pick up babes, thats fine.
The only babe that’s been in it, and she is a babe, is the one I’ve been married to for 45 years.
I do drive a Silverado for hunting, if that’s ok.
Cheers.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How it works is: Your Tonka Toy trucks works for you and that is what counts. Now for some others, they like sports cars and that works for them.

Then you say you would be interested in a $100,000 plus AMG 63S wagon. Prior to that you said you don't need the attention of a Vette. Well you think a $100,000 Mercedes isn't a status symbol attention grabber? The movie stars would probably show more than a little interest because of it.

It is a Vette thread, and your not being interested in Vettes is duly noted. As is your interest in status symbol Mercedes.

What you traded in a Tacoma for has nothing to do with Vettes or Mercedes, unless you are looking to brag and garner some attention, which you were.

People are most certainly odd..

Last edited by battue; 07/21/19.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I get that statement all the time. I don't need to compensate for anything with a bigger truck (or flashy car) but apparently many do.

Your talent for tryin ta get by with less than everbody else probably needs work, seein how you "get that statement all the time".

Maybe you should do somebody a favor, and compensate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
How it works is: Your Tonka Toy trucks works for you and that is what counts. Now for some others, they like sports cars and that works for them.

Then you say you would be interested in a $100,000 plus AMG 63S wagon. Prior to that you said you don't need the attention of a Vette. Well you think a $100,000 Mercedes isn't a status symbol attention grabber? The movie stars would probably show more than a little interest because of it.

It is a Vette thread, and your not being interested in Vettes is duly noted. As is your interest in status symbol Mercedes.

What you traded in a Tacoma for has nothing to do with Vettes or Mercedes, unless you are looking to brag and garner some attention.

People are most certainly odd..

I agree with everything you say, esp the odd people part. smile

The Mercedes logo is one of the biggest status' grabbers out there. My last 2018 Tacoma was purchased used at the local Mercedes dealership. The place was plastered with status logos. I like station wagons but probably would not buy one of those if I could.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Corvettes are something that folks either love or don't have much interest in - there is not a lot of in-between feelings about them.

I bought my first one in 1965 and have owned one most of the time since then, they put a smile on my face when I drive it and I don't have to go a 150 mph to have it happen, it just naturally works for me. I can be having a bad day and rather than being ticked off about something I can go for a spin and forget what was bothering me.

I own four-wheel drive pickups and SUV's but I love my Corvettes(s). I will probably be driving them as long as I can get in and out of one.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.