Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by greydog
The world is just fine with over 7 billion people on it and will be just fine with double that because people, you see, actually have no effect on the climate or any other aspect of the environment. I cannot honestly say the climate is getting warmer or cooler. Some years are hot, some are not. One thing which is certain is that some will exaggerate data while others will belittle the same data. The rest will believe what they choose to believe. GD

So far as I understood it an ice age is defined by ice on both poles, if this is correct then we are not yet out of the last one.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Do the math:
The suns light takes approximately 30 days to reach Urth.
The summer solstice was how many days ago?
Dead on summer, it gets HOT, most every f'king year.
In my hometown we have not hit triple digits for near 40 years.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
Do the math:

I can honestly state that we haven't hit triple digits since we went metric in 1966.

Oops sorry, forgot this. smile

Last edited by JSTUART; 07/22/19.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Goosey
97% of scientists, NASA sees it happening from space, but still we have delusional morons hawking conspiracy theories or thinking scientists somehow forgot about the mini-Ice Age or the dinosaurs when doing their research.

Nope, man-made climate change is real.

Prove it, schmuck.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
People who talking and scream about Global Warming have a lot to explain....how was the Sahara once an Ocean and today a desert ? there are so many times hot regions of the world get super cold and sold regions get hot. Human Population should be looked at for sure, gas combustion should be looked at for sure and also Toxic wastes but Planet isn't dying like they want people to believe.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford
Do the math:

On average it takes sunlight 8 minutes and 20 seconds to reach the Earth from the sun.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
97% of scientists, NASA sees it happening from space, but still we have delusional morons hawking conspiracy theories or thinking scientists somehow forgot about the mini-Ice Age or the dinosaurs when doing their research.

Only in your drug infused mind. To say global warming, or if you prefer climate change is man made is the highest form of egotistical mind f u c k I can think of. tell me goose turd, what is the main source of heat for the planet? It's the sun stupid. here has been times in the history of the planet where it was so hot man could not survive. He didn't even exist at the time so who do we blame all that heat on? Dinosaur farts? Nope. They didn't even exist at that time. There was one period when plant life was so abundant that man again could not survive due to so much oxygen in the air that it would be poisonous to humans.

Tell me, what caused the ice ages? What was the source of the little ice age? Can't blame that one on man nor any of the other ice ages. It's the sun stupid.

Oh but let's talk about Co2. Plant eat Co2 and in turn produce the necessary oxygen we breath. Too much Co2? Plant more trees. Reforest the Amazon Basin. Plant a tree in your back yard.

I don't know if you've ever used a Coleman gas lantern, the type that uses white gasoline that you have to pump up to have pressure so it will work but if you have you can understand this. You pump it up and light the mantle with a match and you have a nice bright light which over time starts to dim. So you pump it back up to put pressure in the tank and once again you have nice bright light. Think about that for a minute and look at it as if it were the sun. The sun, like the Coleman lantern waxes and wanes in power, thus global warming or climate change, which ever term you prefer. When it waxes it gets hot and when it wanes it get cold, maybe cold enough that with outside effects like a meteor strike like the one on the Yucatan Penninsula that killed off the dinosaurs and created an ice age due to too much debris in the air. IIRC, when Krakatoa exploded there was so much stuff in the air that temps were much lower for almost ten years.

I worked in weather for 33 years and climatology was part of the job. I came to the conclusion that climate change being man made was a lie. I believe the heat output of the sun changes slowly over the ages, getting hotter at times and cooler at other times and I have yet to figure out how Al Gore can find a way to blame that on us humans.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just to clarify or correct a few claims in the replies above.

1. It is NOT 97% of scientists. It was 97% of about half of a select group of scientists polled a few years apart. The first time, about half agreed with human-caused climate change. The second time, only 97% of that half still agreed. So it's not only less than half, it's a declining number.

2. NASA does take surface temperature readings from space. But they "correct" the raw data to account for things like cloud cover. It is notable that they ALWAYS correct that number UP - by almost exactly the amount they claim the earth is warming. So it's a wild-ass guess, and a biased one at that.

3. Sunlight does not take 30 days to reach Earth. Divide the average orbital distance by the speed of light and you get an average of about 8 1/2 minutes. The delay between the start of summer and the hottest days is due to simple heating lag. The same reason as why your skillet doesn't hit fry temperature the instant you turn on the stove.

4. And one final YUUUGE one: Not one single climate prediction of the last 50 years has come true. Not one. Not rising seas, not disappearing polar caps, and not a definitively measurable rise in temperature (or plunging temperature, if you consider the imminent ice age warnings of the 1970s!)

Yes, the climate changes, and yes we are at or near the peak of the span between ice ages. There have been many ice ages. Each one has had a warm time between them, and humans had not one thing to do with it. WE STILL DON'T.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Just to clarify or correct a few claims in the replies above.

1. It is NOT 97% of scientists. It was 97% of about half of a select group of scientists polled a few years apart. The first time, about half agreed with human-caused climate change. The second time, only 97% of that half still agreed. So it's not only less than half, it's a declining number.

2. NASA does take surface temperature readings from space. But they "correct" the raw data to account for things like cloud cover. It is notable that they ALWAYS correct that number UP - by almost exactly the amount they claim the earth is warming. So it's a wild-ass guess, and a biased one at that.

3. Sunlight does not take 30 days to reach Earth. Divide the average orbital distance by the speed of light and you get an average of about 8 1/2 minutes. The delay between the start of summer and the hottest days is due to simple heating lag. The same reason as why your skillet doesn't hit fry temperature the instant you turn on the stove.

4. And one final YUUUGE one: Not one single climate prediction of the last 50 years has come true. Not one. Not rising seas, not disappearing polar caps, and not a definitively measurable rise in temperature (or plunging temperature, if you consider the imminent ice age warnings of the 1970s!)

Yes, the climate changes, and yes we are at or near the peak of the span between ice ages. There have been many ice ages. Each one has had a warm time between them, and humans had not one thing to do with it. WE STILL DON'T.

Well, sheeeesh! How then are you gonna expedite global marxism?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I know you're just a troll, so I'm reluctant to write this, but tell us one thing you know, firsthand, regarding quantitative evidence supporting anthropogenic global warming. Throwing out quips like "97% of scientists, NASA..." indicates you're a believer, but I don't think you actually -know- anything about the subject for yourself. Curious that you seem to be the one who is guilty of being ignorant of the subject, while claiming others here are.

I've never met a -single- person who is well informed on the subject. who has studied the issue carefully and broadly for themselves, who has been convinced of what you -believe- in. Every single person I've met, that claims what you do, actually knows nothing about the subject. Assuming you're a reasonably intelligent person, go study the entire issue for yourself, and then see what you come up with.

As usual though, being a troll, you never actually reply with rational support for your claims.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A world population of 7 billion is sustainable if the majority of that population do not live/consume at the rate of citizens in developed nations.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
3.4 billion people, half the population of the earth, live on less than $3.20 per day.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Clarkm
3.4 billion people, half the population of the earth, live on less than $3.20 per day.

15 years ago that figure was a dollar a day.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
A world population of 7 billion is sustainable if the majority of that population do not live/consume at the rate of citizens in developed nations.

Citizens in developed nations also produce more. Additionally productivity goes up as population density goes up. It allows for greater division of labor and specialization.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are just a bunch of hucksters pushing an agenda. They realize the huge amount of money they could extort from everybody if they can tax the weather. Nobody would be exempt, except them and their minions of course.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

An that is what the radical Leftists want for everybody they control...…..but them and their buddies will still be living large, just like Communists always do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some fuggin plague will get us before the sun gods. Liberalism is truly a feminine mental disorder.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reivertom

An that is what the radical Leftists want for everybody they control...…..but them and their buddies will still be living large, just like Communists always do.

Political agenda may come into it, but the actual issue is carrying capacity of the planet given a population of 7 billion plus consuming resources at the rate of developed nations.

Developing nations have every right to lift the living standard of their own citizens, but the question is: is it ecologically sustainable in the long term? Never mind politics or 'left wing agenda' this is purely and simply about long term ecological sustainability.

Last edited by DBT; 07/22/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My father was a hard drinker, even at his 90th birthday party.

He had a favorite joke:
Question: What is the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic?
Answer: Drunks don't have to go to the meetings.

I would change that joke, being a non drinker:
Question: What is the difference between a republican and a democrat?
Answer: Republicans don't have to worry about man made climate change.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Answer: Republicans don't have to worry about man made climate change.

I would change that wording f to "feel religiously obligated" . Remember, religion is an article of faith, not provabe fact.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,571
Posts18,473,285
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.