-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" Damn rumble strips" typical bike brain mentality that is out of touch with reality

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Damn rumble strips????????

You must be joking.

I fully understand that there are no shortage of idiot motorists who need rumble strips. The rumble strips pictured relegate to shoulder to a useless piece of asphalt for cyclists. If the stripe were flush against the fog line and half the width they are, they's still help save idiots from themselves and give riders a useful place to ride. Even occasional breaks in the strips would help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
You need to get tangled up with RABRAI[Linked Image]

I rode RAGBRAI. The people in the pass through and stopover towns LOVE it. So much so that they fight for it to come through.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Damn rumble strips. That'd be an ideal shoulder if it didn't have them. What difficulty did you experience in seeing or negotiating your way around that cyclist? I am reckoning I could see him on that road from a mile away, and it's not like traffic density is such that I couldn't easily pass him.

The highway was designed for motorized use. Cyclists believe they are special and deserve special treatment. So I need to change my driving habits to accommodate a cyclist.

Do you need to change your habits? I certainly don't expect special treatment. Just like I expect when I drive my car, I expect not to be killed or injured through the negligence of others. Is that special treatment in your mind? I did some driving in addition to my riding yesterday. When I was driving and encountered cyclists, I didn't need them to do anything. I braked, slowed or steered around them as necessary. To expect other legal road users to do anything for me is to expect special treatment.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You must be joking.

I fully understand that there are no shortage of idiot motorists who need rumble strips. The rumble strips pictured relegate to shoulder to a useless piece of asphalt for cyclists. If the stripe were flush against the fog line and half the width they are, they's still help save idiots from themselves and give riders a useful place to ride. Even occasional breaks in the strips would help.

The irony is hilarious! A guy who rides a bike on a road designed for cars going 65-70 miles a hour, with no more protection than a plastic helmet and a law that will try the person who accidentally kills him for manslaughter, calls the motorists "idiots".

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa

You must be joking.

The irony is hilarious! A guy who rides a bike on a road designed for cars going 65-70 miles a hour, with no more protection than a plastic helmet and a law that will try the person who accidentally kills him for manslaughter, calls the motorists "idiots".

Do you think rumble strips are for alert, attentive motorists or for idiots?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think they're to try and remind bicyclists that roads are designed for cars and they should probably stay away. Bicyclists don't get the hint.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Amazing. This schit show is still going on?

Ample evidence that some here are not mature enough to be out in public much less driving.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Ample evidence that some here are not mature enough to be out in public much less driving.

Who [bleep] in your Cheerios this morning?

Last edited by Whelenman; 07/26/19.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

Another one bites the dust. Of course it wasn’t the geriatric’s fault, damn motorist...

https://www.sidneyherald.com/nation...e781e8b-5a45-5028-8416-b6e22d13f9d5.html

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Thankfully you decided to just let it die by posting.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Piss off

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Another one bites the dust. Of course it wasn’t the geriatric’s fault, damn motorist...

That's why some cyclists are adamant about not using a shoulder. It invites a squeeze play like the dumbass motor home driver attempted. Far be it for them to slow until they could safely pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
I think they're to try and remind bicyclists that roads are designed for cars and they should probably stay away. Bicyclists don't get the hint.

I get the hint. There are no shortage of mental or emotional midgets who cannot seem to safely share the roads with cyclists. Is it the physical, psychological or intellectual part you find so difficult?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's why some cyclists are adamant about not using a shoulder. It invites a squeeze play like the dumbass motor home driver attempted. Far be it for them to slow until they could safely pass.

Bicycles shouldn’t be on any road that doesn’t have a bike lane, let alone a 70mph highway. Few things worse than the summer chit show bike riders bring to MT. Bikes don’t pay for roads anyway, needs to be put into law.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bicyclists on auto roads gettin offed is just natural selection at work.

Can only feel sorry for the auto driver they ran themselves into, and hope the cyclist hadn't reproduced yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Bikes don’t pay for roads anyway, needs to be put into law.

Yes they do moron. I have posted links in this very thread.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Damn, I didn't notice the license plate on the bicycle.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Damn rumble strips. That'd be an ideal shoulder if it didn't have them. What difficulty did you experience in seeing or negotiating your way around that cyclist? I am reckoning I could see him on that road from a mile away, and it's not like traffic density is such that I couldn't easily pass him.

The highway was designed for motorized use. Cyclists believe they are special and deserve special treatment. So I need to change my driving habits to accommodate a cyclist.

Do you need to change your habits? I certainly don't expect special treatment. Just like I expect when I drive my car, I expect not to be killed or injured through the negligence of others. Is that special treatment in your mind? I did some driving in addition to my riding yesterday. When I was driving and encountered cyclists, I didn't need them to do anything. I braked, slowed or steered around them as necessary. To expect other legal road users to do anything for me is to expect special treatment.

Pal [bleep] you right or wrong if I'm hauling a D7 and heavier you're a dead mother f***** getting my way

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Was hauling an 8N with semi u dozer still on (had permit to do so) and my pilot car had to persuade a California bicycle rider we needed the road for a minute.

Argument did not last very long . Friggin bicycles.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 56 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,469
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.