Print Thread
Hop To
S
ST50 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Anybody spent time in Westcliff area? My daughter rented a place there for 6 days in a week &1/2. I would have preferred a little further west, but looking forward to it. We will have grandkids so we'll be running around doing some tourist things. I"m looking for flyfishing suggestions, rivers,creeks, maybe lake access. Just wondering, Thanks.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of high country lakes on the Sangre De Christo's. Cutthroat and brookies

Some are pretty remote and require quite a hike. The streams running down the mountain have a fair number of fish; although not as big as the lakes.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Westcliff will make you think you are a lot further west.
My favorite place in Colorado that I want to go back to.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Take a drive south past San Isabel and visit Bishop's Castle. Kids will love it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Westcliffe CO is a GREAT place! Lots to do and see. Summertime climate is very pleasant.

DeWeese Reservoir is just outside of town. To the north are Cotopaxi and Texas Creek and the Arkansas River, fly fishing for trout- lots of public access in Big Horn Canyon.
Trails into the high country take you to the high peaks of the Sangre de Cristo range.
In the fall, there are spectacular aspen groves that provide great color.
Just to the west is Great Sand Dunes Natl. Monument. If you are into offroading, there are a number of trails and riding areas available.
If you have kids to entertain, as mentioned above, Bishops Castle is not far away, as well as the Florissant Fossil Beds.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
They are getting a lot of rain there now and in the mountains to the west.It has been that way for weeks now

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I always liked that area. Florrisant fossil beds are cool, as is all the area back in behind pikes peak, like ...gold camp maybe? I thought I would remember all the names... there was always something you could find to do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
ST50 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Encouraging replies. Looking forward to the trip. Thanks!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Went hunting there when I was in High School. One of Dad's friends had a ranch close to there. went to a little creek that was dammed up by beavers. Caught a nice mess of trout for supper the first day. Gutted them and dropped in the snow as I caught them.Best tasting trout I ever had. The first pool I fished I caught 2 brookies. Left them in the snow and some birds stole both of them. I'll always remember it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Waygoner
Take a drive south past San Isabel and visit Bishop's Castle. Kids will love it.

+1

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,104
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.