Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I've been watching this evening. Morgan flies his AIRPLANE out to set 30 traps to catch some fur to sell in order to have enough money to buy protein to survive the winter.

He caught two Pine Martin.

As he's getting back in his AIRPLANE, he says "now I gotta go home and find stuff to sell so I can buy some protein."

Ummm.....how about sell your FUGHKING AIRLPLANE?!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
those script writers and related are wearing me out.

but it is made for tv afterall.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I only enjoyed the old timer, Tom. He and his wife.
When the others on i eat and drink beer.

Useless......i leave the room when hes on.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Gus

I get it. It's just dumb that many people don't and think that is reality.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hookeye
I only enjoyed the old timer, Tom. He and his wife.
When the others on i eat and drink beer.

Useless......i leave the room when hes on.

I like Tom as well. He is the most real person of all of them. By far.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
protein??? who the fugg calls food protein?

i hate tv. so glad we cancelled the cable.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
What happened to the old guy that ran the dog's after mountain lions? I see they have a new guy doing it.

Ted
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love it when they get stranded somewhere remote and act as if they are in a life threatening situation. Think the damn camera crew might be able to help?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’ve had to have long conversations with a few people trying to get them to understand the BS that is “reality” TV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Gus

The same producers that did our Custer documentary produce this show as well. The common thread that makes these guys mountain men is that they are all bearded, nothing more and certainly nothing about their prowess in the wilderness. Tom is as much a joke as any of them, who in their right mind would load up a peach basket with tools and put it on his back and go trapping wolves?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Or when it’s -30 and they don’t have gloves on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Gus

The same producers that did our Custer documentary produce this show as well. The common thread that makes these guys mountain men is that they are all bearded, nothing more and certainly nothing about their prowess in the wilderness. Tom is as much a joke as any of them, who in their right mind would load up a peach basket with tools and put it on his back and go trapping wolves?

Must be quite a few trappers, as trapping baskets are listed as an accessory.

http://www.northerntrapping.com/cgi...ket&title=Handmade-Wood-Pack-Baskets

Last edited by AB2506; 07/26/19.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by old_willys
What happened to the old guy that ran the dog's after mountain lions? I see they have a new guy doing it.

I don’t understand the chasing of mountain lions back to the high country. If they’re eating livestock I’d shoot the damn things instead of trying to scare them.

I always liked Marty but he told them to stick it.

Last edited by tpcollins; 07/26/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by old_willys

I don’t understand the chasing of mountain lions back to the high country. If they’re eating livestock I’d shoot the damn things instead of trying to scare them.

I always liked Marty but he told them to stick it.

Marty was my favorite on that show, followed by Tom. I also liked Rich, the first lion hunter.

Mountain Men is no different from any of the other reality shows, in that it is heavily scripted, and edited to be as dramatic as possible. I remember one episode when Marty's snowmobile broke down miles from camp, in below zero weather, and he had to walk back to camp at night. Look, does anyone seriously believe that he actually walked all that way back to camp? There was a camera crew there, with their own snowmobile, who could have easily towed him back, or gave him a ride back...which they most assuredly did. But, it makes for a good show to make the viewers think that poor ole Marty froze his azz off walking miles back to camp.

As far as chasing the mountain lions back up into the high country, and "teaching them a lesson," any one with a lick of sense knows this is pure BS. The only way to teach that lion a lesson is to shoot him. Again, it makes for good TV and gives the viewers the idea that some hunters are good and don't go around killing animals.

It was a better show when it first came on, and much more believable. They've added some new people, who's stories just don't add up, with Morgan being one of them. I don't know how he's like in real life, but on that show he comes across as a bumbling, fumbling, idiot who can't even tie his own shoes. The only thing he's doing right is figuring how to hang on to the chick that keeps him warm on those cold nights.

But, the biggest joke on the show in Eustace Conway, and his Turtle Island. I've read that he's pretty much fake.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
That's it the first dog runner was Rich Lewis, I liked him better and got a kick out of the tiny camper with a wood stove he build on his old Willys truck.

I also could not under stand why they did not put down any of the mountain lions especially the one hanging near the school yard one season.

Last edited by old_willys; 07/26/19.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been watching this evening. Morgan flies his AIRPLANE out to set 30 traps to catch some fur to sell in order to have enough money to buy protein to survive the winter.

He caught two Pine Martin.

As he's getting back in his AIRPLANE, he says "now I gotta go home and find stuff to sell so I can buy some protein."

Ummm.....how about sell your FUGHKING AIRLPLANE?!

I don't know what Avgas or insurance on a plane costs, but he sure ain't breaking even on that proposition.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
"But, the biggest joke on the show in Eustace Conway, and his Turtle Island. I've read that he's pretty much fake."

He's had so many drug related run ins with the Watauga county sheriff that he should be doing time. Just another burnt out hippie from the 60's.

But my all time favorite is the show on Alaska Bush People. Was at a party about 5 years ago and it was on. One of the ass clown brothers was going bear hunting in a leisure suit. He picked up his rifle and I saw that the scope was mounted backwards. And dumb-ass people eat this sch!t like it's the gosple.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
[quote=CrowRifle)

But my all time favorite is the show on Alaska Bush People. Was at a party about 5 years ago and it was on. One of the ass clown brothers was going bear hunting in a leisure suit. He picked up his rifle and I saw that the scope was mounted backwards. And dumb-ass people eat this sch!t like it's the gosple. [/quote]

My wife likes that embarrassment of a show. I leave the room when it's on. I have given it a new title, "Short Bus Alaskans".

Last edited by JeffyD; 07/26/19.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

Alotta people think the show Yellowstone is reality too. Seemingly even several on here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Gus

Must be quite a few trappers, as trapping baskets are listed as an accessory.

http://www.northerntrapping.com/cgi...ket&title=Handmade-Wood-Pack-Baskets

Do you believe in the Easter bunny too?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 49 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,065
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.