-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another thread where spandex wearing bicyclists show us their true colors...

Oh that's right, they don't have to write anything it's right there on their gay way avatar

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Another one bites the dust. Of course it wasn’t the geriatric’s fault, damn motorist...

https://www.sidneyherald.com/nation...e781e8b-5a45-5028-8416-b6e22d13f9d5.html

That's why some cyclists are adamant about not using a shoulder. It invites a squeeze play like the dumbass motor home driver attempted. Far be it for them to slow until they could safely pass.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Get the frick off the road! On the shoulder, Duh!

Last edited by Whelenman; 07/27/19.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton

Damn rumble strips. That'd be an ideal shoulder if it didn't have them. What difficulty did you experience in seeing or negotiating your way around that cyclist? I am reckoning I could see him on that road from a mile away, and it's not like traffic density is such that I couldn't easily pass him.

The highway was designed for motorized use. Cyclists believe they are special and deserve special treatment. So I need to change my driving habits to accommodate a cyclist.

Do you need to change your habits? I certainly don't expect special treatment. Just like I expect when I drive my car, I expect not to be killed or injured through the negligence of others. Is that special treatment in your mind? I did some driving in addition to my riding yesterday. When I was driving and encountered cyclists, I didn't need them to do anything. I braked, slowed or steered around them as necessary. To expect other legal road users to do anything for me is to expect special treatment.

Pal [bleep] you right or wrong if I'm hauling a D7 and heavier you're a dead mother f***** getting my way

My wife can only hope you have more insurance than driving skill.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
God's country out here. Until you experience it on a bicycle, you ain't lived.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image]

Sorry but you are not wrong, but really wrong. I don't need a bike to know what God's country looks like...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dassa
I think they're to try and remind bicyclists that roads are designed for cars and they should probably stay away. Bicyclists don't get the hint.

I get the hint. There are no shortage of mental or emotional midgets who cannot seem to safely share the roads with cyclists. Is it the physical, psychological or intellectual part you find so difficult?

This thread started to point out the self-righteous, condescending attitude of most bike riders. I'm glad you're here to help moderate that opinion.

And based on the pictures you've posted of where you ride, no, you haven't gotten the hint. But at least when you get squished, you can pass on knowing you were killed by a mental midget.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Another one bites the dust. Of course it wasn’t the geriatric’s fault, damn motorist...

That's why some cyclists are adamant about not using a shoulder. It invites a squeeze play like the dumbass motor home driver attempted. Far be it for them to slow until they could safely pass.

Come on Paul. Seriously, you have to admit that there is blatant disregard among cyclists for running stop signs, traffic lights, and not staying over to the side so cars can safely get by them. Many cyclists seem to think the rules of the road don't apply to them, and that's wrong. Explain to me what's going on with the dumbazzed idiots who continually ride on the wrong side of the road. This is your brethren, buddy. Bikes are supposed to obey the same rules as cars, not make up their own rules of the road as they go. As for staying over to the side of the road, doesn't it pizz you off when you're in a car and a much slower vehicle gets in your way and refuses to move over so you can safely get around? Sure it does, but bicyclists often refuse to stay to the side to the right side where they should be. It's no wonder people get fed up with them THEY BRING IT ON THEM SELVES!

Last edited by gophergunner; 07/27/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Sorry but you are not wrong, but really wrong. I don't need a bike to know what God's country looks like...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gorgeous. If the roads were right, I'd like to ride in that area.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think they're to try and remind bicyclists that roads are designed for cars and they should probably stay away. Bicyclists don't get the hint.

I get the hint. There are no shortage of mental or emotional midgets who cannot seem to safely share the roads with cyclists. Is it the physical, psychological or intellectual part you find so difficult?

This thread started to point out the self-righteous, condescending attitude of most bike riders. I'm glad you're here to help moderate that opinion.

And based on the pictures you've posted of where you ride, no, you haven't gotten the hint. But at least when you get squished, you can pass on knowing you were killed by a mental midget.

Why don't you take a moment to tell me what I did when vehicles approached me from behind on the road in the most recent photo. How may vehicles did I encounter on my 61 mile ride?

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/27/19.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Come on Paul. Seriously, you have to admit that there is blatant disregard among cyclists for running stop signs, traffic lights, and not staying over to the side so cars can safely get by them. Many cyclists seem to think the rules of the road don't apply to them, and that's wrong. Explain to me what's going on with the dumbazzed idiots who continually ride on the wrong side of the road. This is your brethren, buddy. Bikes are supposed to obey the same rules as cars, not make up their own rules of the road as they go. As for staying over to the side of the road, doesn't it pizz you off when you're in a car and a much slower vehicle gets in your way and refuses to move over so you can safely get around? Sure it does, but bicyclists often refuse to stay to the side to the right side where they should be. It's no wonder people get fed up with them THEY BRING IT ON THEM SELVES!

Every road user I know takes regular liberties with the law. Be it slow rolling stops and right turns on red, going over the speed limit, not using turn signals, etc. The difference is that cyclists pose almost no thereat to the safety of others when they screw up. Certainly far less of a threat than a motor vehicle. When I break the law bicycling it often serves to enhance the overall flow of traffic.

Most of the wrong way cyclists I see are people who aren't qualified to have a drivers license. I certainly advocate strongly against wrong way cycling.

It pisses me off if a slower vehicle gets in front of me an I am stuck behind them for a while. I have never been stuck behind a cyclist for more than 30 seconds though. Most often it's much less than that. They take up a small space and travel slowly. Very easy to pass! When I have had frank conversations with motorists, most of them admit that they get held up by motorists more on their average trip than they have been held up by cyclists cumulatively over the whole of their lives. On the ride my most recent photo captures, some drivers slowed. None had to. I worked all of them around me immediately. I pulled off at one point to take a pic. A motorhome came by. It had about a dozen vehicles stacked up behind it. The same thing happened with a semi. Put in the proper perspective, cyclists are a non-issue.

Sometimes it's unsafe to hug the right. Bicycle safety experts have written volumes about it and that's why laws rarely strictly relegate a cyclist to the far right. The link someone posted about a motorhome clipping a rider and killing him is an example of the hazards of hugging the right.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton

Damn rumble strips. That'd be an ideal shoulder if it didn't have them. What difficulty did you experience in seeing or negotiating your way around that cyclist? I am reckoning I could see him on that road from a mile away, and it's not like traffic density is such that I couldn't easily pass him.

The highway was designed for motorized use. Cyclists believe they are special and deserve special treatment. So I need to change my driving habits to accommodate a cyclist.

Do you need to change your habits? I certainly don't expect special treatment. Just like I expect when I drive my car, I expect not to be killed or injured through the negligence of others. Is that special treatment in your mind? I did some driving in addition to my riding yesterday. When I was driving and encountered cyclists, I didn't need them to do anything. I braked, slowed or steered around them as necessary. To expect other legal road users to do anything for me is to expect special treatment.

Pal [bleep] you right or wrong if I'm hauling a D7 and heavier you're a dead mother f***** getting my way

My wife can only hope you have more insurance than driving skill.

Went over your head ..not surprised

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Goes to show that even f a gg ots own big trucks

Originally Posted by Redneck
Only times I wished I had a Cummins: laugh laugh

Dave

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have to ask are you guys that are so dead set against riding bikes seeing a bunch of bicyclists daily or something? I can almost understand the vitriol if you guys are seeing A-hole bicyclists every frigging day. I live on a popular bike route and every so often I see one that makes me cuss, but if I'm honest about I see a lot of drivers that make me cuss too.

I ride 2-5 times a week depending on weather for fitness reasons. I have an old back injury that makes the pounding from running painful rather then fun or I'd probably run on occasion.

It can be a pretty good aerobic workout especially on a single speed.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Bicyclists break far more traffic rules than cars do. If you can't bring your self to admit that, well-that's where we disagree. As far as motorists doing right turns on red, where I live, that's legal, unless otherwise posted. Cyclists turn right, left, and go straight ahead on red regularly. You have to admit this is true Paul. Don't tell me you haven't seen this, and don't tell me you haven't done it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Supposedly Idaho made it legal for bicyclists to slow roll a stop sign. I've seen it referred to as an "Idaho Stop" a lot on the bike forum. Basically they get to treat a stop sign as a yield sign.

Honestly I don't understand why that is considered beneficial, but whatever.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Paul, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Bicyclists break far more traffic rules than cars do. If you can't bring your self to admit that, well-that's where we disagree. As far as motorists doing right turns on red, where I live, that's legal, unless otherwise posted. Cyclists turn right, left, and go straight ahead on red regularly. You have to admit this is true Paul. Don't tell me you haven't seen this, and don't tell me you haven't done it.

https://usa.streetsblog.org/2018/01...k-traffic-laws-any-more-than-drivers-do/

https://jsteelelaw.com/bicycle-prejudices-fail-bikes-break-traffic-laws-less-motorists-study-finds/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlto...ists-finds-new-video-study/#698374e14bfa

https://bicyclecoalition.org/study-shows-cyclists-motorists-break-law-rate-anti-cyclist-angst/

I often run red lights on my bike. When I do it, it enhances the flow of traffic and/or my safety.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
I have to ask are you guys that are so dead set against riding bikes seeing a bunch of bicyclists daily or something? I can almost understand the vitriol if you guys are seeing A-hole bicyclists every frigging day. I live on a popular bike route and every so often I see one that makes me cuss, but if I'm honest about I see a lot of drivers that make me cuss too.

I ride 2-5 times a week depending on weather for fitness reasons. I have an old back injury that makes the pounding from running painful rather then fun or I'd probably run on occasion.

It can be a pretty good aerobic workout especially on a single speed.

They are making a mountain out of a mole hill as most anti-cycling motorists do.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From your link:

"Researchers from the University of South Florida gathered data from 100 bike riders in and around Tampa. Participants’ bikes were mounted with sensors, cameras, and GPS to record their movements for a total of 2,000 hours."

No doubt, those cameras hangin offa the handlebar didn't influence the cycling habits a those bicyclers.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
From your link:

"Researchers from the University of South Florida gathered data from 100 bike riders in and around Tampa. Participants’ bikes were mounted with sensors, cameras, and GPS to record their movements for a total of 2,000 hours."

No doubt, those cameras hangin offa the handlebar didn't influence the cycling habits a those bicyclers.

I provided additional links as well.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,667
Posts18,513,075
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.