Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Doesn't matter if you can do any of that as long as you're the biggest one doing it.

Wrong gun, you filthy animal.

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by wageslave
Quit being a bogart and share with us your, God loving, UBER, Avalanche driving, annuity salesman.

I don't think he's investing in annuities, mainly dealing in used guns and optics. He says he's able to achieve 10,000% annual returns on that, he says the secret is in being able to sell the same item 4 or 5 times, but I haven't figured out how he's able to get it back to sell it again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by UPhiker
My wife and I have always worried about retirement, but then God brought a gentleman from our church into our lives. we ended up giving him a power of attorney where our paychecks go into his account and he then pays our bills and invests the balance. Mr. Claiborne says that we should be able to retire well ahead of schedule......
Does he give you monthly or quarterly statements and does he tell you exactly where your money is invested? If not, I'd run.

He tells us the balance every quarter, but in order to prevent temptation from causing us to wreck his work, we've agreed to run it like a blind trust where we won't know until retirement what investments he's chose for us.

Is this a joke?

I'm afraid that if we knew what the investments were in, then we would be tempted by the news media to sell when ever there is bad news about a particular investment rather than riding out rough seas. Much better to not know so that you don't sweat the small stuff

Be sure to also follow his excellent vehicle advice. This will allow you to demonstrate to the world the true depth of your wealth.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't think he's investing in annuities, mainly dealing in used guns and optics. He says he's able to achieve 10,000% annual returns on that, he says the secret is in being able to sell the same item 4 or 5 times, but I haven't figured out how he's able to get it back to sell it again.

You had me at assless chaps.

Have Dog

Will Travel

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Morewood
LOL....well done

Oh yeah and when he mentioned Claiborne it got my immediate attention grin

In reality My Edward Jones Rep sounded the same . What a [bleep] waste of time they were. TG I am invested with Fidelity

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Spend 20 or more years in the military. Retirement issues all solved including medical

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ChetAF
Can he advise me on my Pre 64 collection liquidation?[

He tells us the balance every quarter, but in order to prevent temptation from causing us to wreck his work, we've agreed to run it like a blind trust where we won't know until retirement what investments he's chose for us.

I can help you with that. Just send them to me and I will let you know what I did with them when you retire.

But what would I tell Paul and Jack from LCT?
They are just starting out on Winchesters and I promised them I would help?

Just tell them God spoke to you about it.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and Marlene.

Have Dog

Will Travel

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A house isn't an investment, it's a place to live. If you sell it, you still have to have a place to live. My wife and I invested in mutual funds our entire careers and will be fully retired in 2 years. We will be able to live very comfortably.

Disagree. 8% per year increase in value is nothing to sneeze at. You can sell it after it's doubled in value in 9 years, buy another place for the same money you paid for the first one, and pocket the profit. I've done it twice in the past 22 years.

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/29/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I started a balanced portfolio of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and tax free municipal bonds about 1988. Wife and I contributed to it heavily till I retired in 2012, at age 61. And have a six figure pension that we could easily live on. That investment strategy has worked out extremely well for us.

NRA Patron
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
A house isn't an investment, it's a place to live. If you sell it, you still have to have a place to live. My wife and I invested in mutual funds our entire careers and will be fully retired in 2 years. We will be able to live very comfortably.

Disagree. 8% per year increase in value is nothing to sneeze at. You can sell it after it's doubled in value in 9 years, buy another place for the same money you paid for the first one, and pocket the profit. I've done it twice in the past 22 years.

How does one acquire a comparable house for half what one is worth?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The very best first investment you can make is in the finest marketable job skills you can acquire.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dale06
I started a balanced portfolio of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and tax free municipal bonds about 1988. Wife and I contributed to it heavily till I retired in 2012, at age 61. And have a six figure pension that we could easily live on. That investment strategy has worked out extremely well for us.

According to CumminsCowboy, you must be mistaken.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
The very best first investment you can make is in the finest marketable job skills you can acquire.

...and spend less than you earn.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn

How's a fella supposed to do that when you need a jacked-up F-250, toyhauler, and wake-board boat?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Buy a smaller house for what it's worth. Downsize, different locale, etc.

Last edited by JGRaider; 07/29/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Buy a smaller house for what it's worth. Downsize, different locale, etc.

I see. Thank you for the clarification.
It is tax free money, but I like where I live and also despise moving.

Last edited by gregintenn; 07/29/19.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

How's a fella supposed to do that when you need a jacked-up F-250, toyhauler, and wake-board boat?

Earn more money? Marry well? I dunno.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Even I'm not going to carry a troll post far enough to actually make someone deal with him...

hahaha

Make that 3 fish.... lmao

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
dave ramsey has lots of good advice but its not for everyone. I would say its for most people though. The problem I get is he always says "good growth stock mutual fund" uhh where? I have personally be unable to find anyone who has gotten wealthy with this strategy. NONE and I do ask. I ask my accountant, my mortgage guy, who sees 1000 tax returns a year. The problem is people don't get wealthy by investing that way. They just don't. The numbers never seem to work. the 401k people may have 100k in some account in a mutual fund they have made some money on. to that I say big whoop, 100k aint getting anything done. Where are most people's greatest wealth? in their house, right? YES that is where your average persons biggest amount of wealth is at, Soo

If you ask people that have really made it, its going to be insanely rare to find someone who doesn't trace their wealth back to real estate somehow.

Dave's advice on budgeting, settling debts, and not actually being bankrupt is spot on. I do tune in at times to listen to him but, when he tells someone to sell a rental property they have 50% equity in that makes them money every month, my eyes glaze over and he loses me.

Truth of the matter is Dave has more money in Real Estate than the stock market by a LONG SHOT!!! He understands that very well. But if you think you think the house with 50% equity, still making payments to pay it off in a timely fashion, paying property taxes, and insurance, you are fooling yourself. You are lucky to break even in most places with the high property taxes. He encourages people to pay cash for rentals. You make money when you buy the property not when you sell it. Cash gives you leverage.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,160
Posts18,523,492
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.