Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Why do the have to dress like faaaaggots?

The tight spandex/lycra clothing actually is functional on a couple of levels.

1. Moisture wicking
2. Aerodynamics. Somewhere above 15 mph wind resistance starts to really come into play.
3. Bright colors make them more noticeable to cell phone zombies and others on the road.
4. For some it almost seems to be status signaling. Some of the road bike group are very much elitist and look down on guys like me. They even have a term for us "Freds". A .

5. Not prone to snagging or getting hung up during seating position adjustments.

Hello from a fellow Fred!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Dress like Antifa and go where they go you will be associated and thought to be with them, same on a bicycle.

Why does my attire matter? As long as I am in a place I have a legal right to be, and I am behaving in a legal manner why would anyone have a problem with it?

Perhaps because the guys on bikes that dress like Birdy don't ride three abreast across a windy road so when I come around a corner on my motorcycle with a girl on the back our lives are not put in danger, Dressing like the spandex fools places you as their associate..
BTW I didn't have time to stop and if a vehicle would have been coming in the opposite direction I would have been forced to hit a bicyclist or oncoming cars.
This was not the first time or an isolated incident,
Spandex dressing bikers are like pit bulls some may be OK but the percentage of bad ones ruin it for all.

I get that mentality. Those who would deny us of our gun rights have that mentality.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
You should have ran a broom stick through their spokes 700! There is nothing I despise more than cyclists and their attitudes!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dress like Antifa and go where they go you will be associated and thought to be with them, same on a bicycle.

Why does my attire matter? As long as I am in a place I have a legal right to be, and I am behaving in a legal manner why would anyone have a problem with it?

Perhaps because the guys on bikes that dress like Birdy don't ride three abreast across a windy road so when I come around a corner on my motorcycle with a girl on the back our lives are not put in danger, Dressing like the spandex fools places you as their associate..
BTW I didn't have time to stop and if a vehicle would have been coming in the opposite direction I would have been forced to hit a bicyclist or oncoming cars.
Spandex dressing bikers are like pit bulls some may be OK but the percentage of bad ones ruin it for all.

I get that mentality. Those who would deny us of our gun rights have that mentality.

Night and day, apples to oranges. I can't even recall the last time I saw a gun owner being a jerk with his gun but will see the spandex idiots on bicycles doing just that most weekends if I drive much...Like snowflaks, you'll never figure it out or admit you if have.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Some guys have a lot of need to whine about others. Just gotta.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Motor vehicles far out number the cyclists I see daily , yet the the number of cyclists I see violating road rules on a daily basis
far out number motor vehicle offenders...I say that only because Ive see it happening that way , day after day year after year.

nOt only do they ignore road rules in car lanes and designated bike lanes, they also choose to not use those
and instead ride along the pedestrian sidewalk pushing walkers out of the way.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Motor vehicles far out number the cyclists I see daily , yet the the number of cyclists I see violating road rules on a daily basis
far out number motor vehicle offenders...I say that only because Ive see it happening that way , day after day year after year.

Odd, and yet its motorists who are killing nearly 40,000 other motorists per year. And when bikes and cars are involved in collisions, it's normally the motorist that is at fault. That despite the fact that many of the cyclists killed ride bikes because they are drunks or otherwise don't have the faculties to hold a license. Never mind that in fatal car/bike crashes the only witness is the car driver. Then when you start looking at the number of people these lawless cyclists kill every year, you get a real handle on the severity of the problem all of you are crying about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Night and day, apples to oranges. I can't even recall the last time I saw a gun owner being a jerk

Chicago's coroner has.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Odd, and yet its motorists who are killing nearly 40,000 other motorists per year.

Considering The sheer number of motor vehicles on the road vs bicycles , it not unreasonable that
most roads deaths are result of motor vehicle vs motor vehicle.

And when bikes and cars are involved in collisions, it's normally the motorist that is at fault...

hOw do you that to be the case?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Odd, and yet its motorists who are killing nearly 40,000 other motorists per year.

Considering The sheer number of motor vehicles on the road vs bicycles , it not unreasonable that
most roads deaths are result of motor vehicle vs motor vehicle.

You'd think as often as you see bicyclists breaking the law and as big of a deal people make of it you'd see bicyclists at fault more often in fatal accidents.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You'd think as often as you see bicyclists breaking the law and as big of a deal people make of it you'd see bicyclists at fault
more often in fatal accidents.

Do you have official data showing motor vehicles are largely at fault when cyclists are involved?

not just deaths, Im talking all road incidents involving motor vehicle vs cyclist.

it could be days or weeks before I see a car run a red light, but I see a good number of city cyclists doing it every single day,
morning, noon and night.

proportionally, city cyclists are by far [or overwhelmingly], the biggest road rule offenders I witness on a 7 daily and year round basis.

cyclists running red lights, riding on the sidewalk, riding/using pedestrian crossings, I see numerous instances of each such offence
committed every day of the week virtually without fail....yet,Its extraordinarily rare for me to see a motor vehicle committing all those violations.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Where I live the major traffic violations are speeding and slow rolling the 4 way intersection which is about 1/2 mile from the house.

Just about everybody slow rolls the 4 way. I mean everybody bikes, cars, trucks of course our equivalent of a traffic jam is 3 vehicles getting there at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You'd think as often as you see bicyclists breaking the law and as big of a deal people make of it you'd see bicyclists at fault
more often in fatal accidents.

Do you have official data showing motor vehicles are largely at fault when cyclists are involved?

not just deaths, Im talking all road incidents involving motor vehicle vs cyclist.

it could be days or weeks before I see a car run a red light, but I see a good number of city cyclists doing it every single day,
morning, noon and night.

proportionally, city cyclists are by far [or overwhelmingly], the biggest road rule offenders I witness on a 7 daily and year round basis.

cyclists running red lights, riding on the sidewalk, riding/using pedestrian crossings, I see numerous instances of each such offence
committed every day of the week virtually without fail....yet,Its extraordinarily rare for me to see motor vehicles committing all those violations.

If you'd piddle around on Google, you'd find the same stuff I have read about who is most often at fault in car/bicycle collisions. I see cyclists do the same thing you see them do, and I agree that it happens more frequently in the city. Cyclists break different laws from motorists. I will never roll up to a red light in my car, slow and run it. Not because I don't think I can do it safely, after all we do take the same risk management measures at yield signs, but because I fear a ticket.

On my walk to my truck and on my drive home today I paid attention to motorists and other road users. As I walked the 4 blocks from the office to where I park, at the first crosswalk a small delivery van came flying up to the traffic light and stopped squarely in front of me, blocking the crosswalk. At the second intersection a box truck flat out ran the traffic light and made a right turn. He did give a turn signal. The overwhelming majority of turns and lane changes I saw went unsignalled. I saw several incomplete stops at right turn on reds and stops. I purposefully drove the speed limit and got passed by 90 % of the other motorists. surprisingly few had their phones in their faces. One guy was going 45 down the interstate. I stayed behind him for a bit and sure enough as I moved out to go around and I accelerated, guess what he did? Yep, he sped up. I continued to accelerate until I was doing about 5 over. He paced me. By this time another driver had driven up my ass. Probably mad because I was in the passing lane and not passing. I continued to slow and tuck back in behind the guy who didn't know how fast he wanted to go. A few minutes later he was back don to 45. Another driver shadowed me on the left and drifted into my lane while right beside me. All in all it was a normal drive home. On the drive in this morning there was a near collision just in front of me.

I break the law every damn time I drive or ride and so does every other person I know. If they aren't driving dumb, dangerously, discourteously, drunk or distracted, I don't care who breaks the law.

I suspect that since cyclists are are rarer that we tend to pay more attention to their actions. Next time you drive, pay attention to your own actions. Do you come to a complete stop? Signal every turn and lane change? Never break the speed limit? Pay attention to other drivers. I suspect you'll see what I see, and that is a lot of infractions coupled with some dangerous and discourteous driving that negatively affects you. Today one idiot that refused to turn onto a road despite a 1/4 mile of clear real estate caused me to get caught by a light. I lost 2 minutes of my life to that idiot and that is more than I have been delayed by all cyclists combined over the course of the past decade.

A couple of fruit loops lolly gagging in the crosswalk held me up. The didn't have any license plates strapped to their asses and they didn't pay road and gas tax, yet there they were using the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I suspect that since cyclists are are rarer that we tend to pay more attention to their actions.

I notice the unlawful actions of cyclists so much , simply because motor vehicles in my experience do not commit them
with any where near the same frequency.

I do not see motor vehicles driving down the sidewalk everyday like I see numerous cyclists doing
I do not see motor vehicles running red lights everyday like I see numerous cyclists doing
I do not see motor vehicles using pedestrian crossings everyday like I see numerous cyclists doing

Next time you drive, pay attention to your own actions. ...

I don't run red lights ,
I don't use a pedestrian crossing while operating a car
I don't drive on the sidewalk,

however I witness many city cyclists , do those acts every day year round.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I suspect that since cyclists are are rarer that we tend to pay more attention to their actions.

I notice the unlawful actions of cyclists so much , simply because motor vehicles in my experience do not commit them
with any where near the same frequency.

I do not see motor vehicles driving down the sidewalk everyday like I see numerous cyclists doing
I do not see motor vehicles running red lights everyday like I see numerous cyclists doing
I do not see motor vehicles using pedestrian crossings everyday like I see numerous cyclists doing

Next time you drive, pay attention to your own actions. ...

I don't run red lights ,
I don't use a pedestrian crossing while operating a car
I don't drive on the sidewalk,

however I witness many city cyclists , do it each and every day year round.

Thank you for making my point that the laws cyclists and motorists break are different. You did it better than I did. You slow roll stops, fail to signal turns and lane changes and speed. Yet you are enough of a hypocrite to complain about cyclist breaking the law. I must say I have an odd admiration for you proudly putting your hypocrisy on parade!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You slow roll stops, fail to signal turns and lane changes and speed. Yet you are enough of a hypocrite

LOL...Since you claim to know so much about the frequency of my driving habits ,

..maybe you can also tell what my my bad gun handling habits are?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You slow roll stops, fail to signal turns and lane changes and speed. Yet you are enough of a hypocrite

LOL...Since you claim to know so much about the frequency of my driving habits , ..maybe you can also tell what my my
bad gun handling habits are?

At least you aren't full of schidt enough to lie about breaking those laws.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well , what about my gun handling habits?...what do you know about them?

and ..Do I leave the toilet seat/lid up or down as a habit?

You don't have a clue , just like you don't have a clue as to what my driving habits are.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm pretty sure riding on the sidewalks is legal in some jurisdictions. I know in Colorado Springs that is true with some limitations depending on signs being posted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

well , what about my gun handling habits?...what do you know about them?

and ..Do I leave the toilet seat/lid up or down as a habit?

What we have here is a failure to distract. You harmlessly break traffic laws. You complain about people who harmlessly break traffic laws.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,267
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.