Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Geeze.....double standard much fellas?

I am MAGA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll never understand why people don't comply with law enforcement. There's a time and a place for idiots like this woman to dispute such a ticket. Heck, she even admits it needs fixed. It's easy for us to armchair quarterback these cops. Some of them need to be gone. Make no mistake this woman escalated this significantly every step of the way. Everybody gets their day in court if they want it. At times they win and at times they lose; but, if they do so, they never get shot or tazed. Jeez.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My take on this is make sure the battery is fully charged when doing it again.

She did a dumb thing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She was un-armed

Will there be a grannies with torches and ptchforks protest?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Comply, comply, comply..................................resistance is futile.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
This is what happens when two idiots cross paths.

^^^THIS^^^

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
She was un-armed

Will there be a grannies with torches and ptchforks protest?

OLLM,

Old Ladies Lives Matter.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Would've been awesome if all that shît happened and she never lost the ash off her cigg.

But she wasn't smoking.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
simply WOW!

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a cop that needs to be fired and a department that needs to be sued for excessive use of force. Tasered because granny tried to kick him? Give me a break. I doubt granny is strong enough to cause a bruise. Sure granny should have signed the damn ticket. Did the cop take a deep breath and explain to her that signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt but only means she received the ticket? Doubt it. When she was through with her tantrum and relented did the cop take the opportunity to end the encounter? No. The cop took every opportunity to escalate the situation. Seems to me he purposely wound her up so he could have fun with his taser.

And these nickle-dime violations are a great opportunity to do PR by being polite and issuing a warning.

Nobody likes getting pulled over and a certain part of the population is going to bitch and moan. Part of the job is to handle it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I am just going to assume that copper is going to be ambushed one dark night.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Why didn't they show what led up to the ticket?

They started at the 80 bucks.

Had she been a dumz azz before that?

I reckon her mouth got her a ticket instead of a warning.

She got a ticket for that 6 months ago and didn't bother to fix it then so she was pissed at getting another one. Old broad thinks the law doesn't apply to her and flapping her gums didn't help much, should have just signed it and went on her way. 100% her doing and the cops the bad guy? Don't think so.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
She was un-armed

cop doesn't know that

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Why didn't they show what led up to the ticket?

They started at the 80 bucks.

Had she been a dumz azz before that?

I reckon her mouth got her a ticket instead of a warning.

She got a ticket for that 6 months ago and didn't bother to fix it then so she was pissed at getting another one. Old broad thinks the law doesn't apply to her and flapping her gums didn't help much, should have just signed it and went on her way. 100% her doing and the cops the bad guy? Don't think so.

You don't think he could have handled it better?

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sse
She was un-armed

cop doesn't know that

True
True

😄

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
1) she wouldn't sign the ticket - she escalated the situation first
2) she wouldn't comply and rolled up her window, only rolling it down to yell at him - SHE escalated the situation more
3) she drove off leaving the scene - SHE escalated the situation again
4) after he catches her and get her out of the car, she is resisting and kicking at him - SHE continues to escalate and not comply over signing a damn ticket

If she hadn't of been a "granny" most of y'all (except the cop haters) would be saying the cop was in the right.

Yes, there's common sense. All she had to doing was to sign the ticket, it is NOT an admission of guilt to sign it folks! She could still argue it, or even get the light fixed and probably have the ticket dismissed. But, NO, she continued to escalate and SHE is the reason why she got tazed.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RyanTX
1) she wouldn't sign the ticket - she escalated the situation first
2) she wouldn't comply and rolled up her window, only rolling it down to yell at him - SHE escalated the situation more
3) she drove off leaving the scene - SHE escalated the situation again
4) after he catches her and get her out of the car, she is resisting and kicking at him - SHE continues to escalate and not comply over signing a damn ticket

If she hadn't of been a "granny" most of y'all (except the cop haters) would be saying the cop was in the right.

Yes, there's common sense. All she had to doing was to sign the ticket, it is NOT an admission of guilt to sign it folks! She could still argue it, or even get the light fixed and probably have the ticket dismissed. But, NO, she continued to escalate and SHE is the reason why she got tazed.

Copper was in the right...but no matter how you look at it she is a 63 year old woman.

When was the last time you felt the need to manhandle and tase a 63 year old woman...no, can that thought as I can think of at least a half dozen that would benefit from that experience.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Should have just kept her license, gone to the court and had them issue a warrant for her.

She would have come in once cooler heads prevailed...

But... She should have signed. Signing a ticket isn't a guilty plea. Just a promise to appear in court to answer the charges.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So why did the cop arrest her after she agreed to sign the ticket? Or just give her the ticket noting that she was served and refused to sign? Oh wait, don't get to bully little old ladies that way. Power tripping.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (6MMWASP, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 21 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.