Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My 2007 Rhino 450 is a work horse..My 6'-4.5"/265 lb son has no issues in driving it at all and it is small compared to the new SXS's..I work it pretty hard getting wood and plowing driveways and alley's in the snow which is hard on things..I have not had to replace or repair anything on it yet other than winch line..I am disappointed they discontinued the Yamaha Rhino,I would buy another in a heartbeat..Mine has been bulletproof and I use it hard!

5-6 loads equals about a cord..

[Linked Image]

Snow plowing is hard on things but the Rhino takes it well..

[Linked Image]

And extra weight helps when plowing..

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

My Pioneer 1000 pushes all the right buttons for me. I had a Pioneer 700 which was great, and a Big Red SXS before that. The 1000 is just more of a good thing. Tops out at 65 mph if running dirt roads, 6 speed dual clutch transmission and a low range. Turf mode too, so you can turn on grass without tearing up the grass, and front and rear diff locks. Can't fault it as a tough, reliable utility vehicle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I have the Polaris 900 for the ranch. I've never had an issue with it but I haven't worked it too hard.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm 6ft 215 and find my honda 700 plenty comfortable, even the jump seats in the back aren't bad. You could look at the 1000 for a little more room and performance. Honda reputation and no belt.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Appreciate all the input. Enlightening thread, and I see I'm gonna have to check out more than what I've got locally.

Next closest is a Can-Am place 40 miles away. I'm off tomorrow and they're open...

I'll have fun checking things out. If I figure I'd benefit from one It'll come home. I do like to buy used.

I raccoon (reckon) that all these companies would increase sales by thinking of adult sized operators

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is an FYI. Kymco is often overlooked in the ATV/UTV game. They are very good machines. Many of the engines and parts from other makers (both US and Japanese) come from China. Kymco is made in Taiwan. They have been building engines for Honda for over 50 years. They make several BMW engines, some Arctic Cat engines and a few others as well. Because they are a lesser known brand, they can often be had for a very good price.

I have had a Kymco 4X4 automatic MXU450i LE ATV for several years. It came with nice aluminum wheels and a few other extras. I don't use it much, but it has impressed me so far. I paid for it what I would have paid for a Honda Foreman 450 2WD manual base model with stamped steel wheels. Mine will blow the doors off the Honda.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
[Linked Image]

My 900 ranger flat goes with those 27" mud lites.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
[Linked Image]

My 900 ranger flat goes with those 27" mud lites.

That is a great pic!

Trolling for ducks! lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had the same dust issue with Polaris in the 2 years that we ran one. Also, getting in and out of the Wolverine is much easier. Nothing against Polaris. They are 2 different machines for 2 different purposes. If you want to race in the desert, get the Polaris. The Wolverine is much more suited to our hunting needs. The best feature of both is that my hunting partner paid for them for use on his ranch.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 280shooter
We had the same dust issue with Polaris in the 2 years that we ran one. Also, getting in and out of the Wolverine is much easier. Nothing against Polaris. They are 2 different machines for 2 different purposes. If you want to race in the desert, get the Polaris. The Wolverine is much more suited to our hunting needs. The best feature of both is that my hunting partner paid for them for use on his ranch.

Can't beat that!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
I'm 6ft 215 and find my honda 700 plenty comfortable, even the jump seats in the back aren't bad. You could look at the 1000 for a little more room and performance. Honda reputation and no belt.

I tried the 2 largest hondas on the lot and was unable to get in the front seat on either one.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And I just got back from checking out the Can Am machines. Difficult to get in and out of and difficult to operate as the foot pedals were just to close and poorly placed, for me.

Same dealer did however have Arctic Cat on the lot as well... I drove a 6 seat Prowler Pro and it was a breeze to get in and out of. All controls were comfortable and easy to use. I'd be the last guy you'd ever wanna ask about performance as I have no knowledge or experience base to draw from. Still, I was impressed by my driving experience.
And awed by what the sales guy did with it with myself, my wife, and our youngest son aboard.

My wife expressed concerns about the machine tipping over. The sales guy had us strap in and tore ass... Ditches, hills Side hill on steep ditches and turning uphill into some mild jumps. I was amazed that the machine could get air with me and my son aboard. 650 lbs between the 2 of us, and the wife and sales guy in the machine, too...

Not only did I fit well in the front seat but the back seats were roomy and comfortable.

Seeking opinions on Arctic Cat SxS UTVs...

Last edited by johnw; 08/02/19.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
And I just got back from checking out the Can Am machines. Difficult to get in and out of and difficult to operate as the foot pedals were just to close and poorly placed, for me.

Same dealer did however have Arctic Cat on the lot as well... I drove a 6 seat Prowler Pro and it was a breeze to get in and out of. All controls were comfortable and easy to use. I'd be the last guy you'd ever wanna ask about performance as I have no knowledge or experience base to draw from. Still, I was impressed by my driving experience.
And awed by what the sales guy did with it with myself, my wife, and our youngest son aboard.

My wife expressed concerns about the machine tipping over. The sales guy had us strap in and tore ass... Ditches, hills Side hill on steep ditches and turning uphill into some mild jumps. I was amazed that the machine could get air with me and my son aboard. 650 lbs between the 2 of us, and the wife and sales guy in the machine, too...

Not only did I fit well in the front seat but the back seats were roomy and comfortable.

Seeking opinions on Arctic Cat SxS UTVs...

https://investor.textron.com/news/n...creational-Vehicle-Industry/default.aspx

Textron is no slouch of a company. They build a good bit of stuff for the military.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
My nephew is about 6’5 and about 300 ponds, I am 6’4 and 250 ish we both fir easily in the Polaris.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
K 1500, f 150, ram 1500 options?
With all the pedal complaints you must wear size 15 eee boots.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
K 1500, f 150, ram 1500 options?
With all the pedal complaints you must wear size 15 eee boots.

16EE

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not sure about the new ones, John but there is a reason Arctic Cat hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I did a TON of research before I bought Yamaha because I had been been burned on Polaris and Kawasaki ATV's. Everything came back to Yamaha for reliability. That's not saying the rest haven't improved since then. You'll have to do your own research and see what you think about that and what you like personally.

I'll also add, really, really look into the problems Can Am has had. I actually had a Can Am dealer turn me away from them. He said they are in the shop constantly. Focus is on speed not quality, he said.

Last edited by Rooster7; 08/02/19.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's why I'm asking.

As was mentioned above, Textron is a serious outfit. Do they know what they're doing? And do they have a well made machine that they will back with service?

In videos of other machines I hear engine braking mentioned a few times. Not a word about it in any Arctic Cat stuff I've seen so far.
Big Deal?

What is the general feeling towards AC machines?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The toughest sxs is a Honda Pioneer.
(the Ford...)

Rides like a POS.

Polaris for general duty.
(Chevy...)

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/02/19.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.