Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Okie, what does HDO charge it's investors?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Kodiak . . . the target yield at HDO is 7-9%. It just so happens the market has boosted that to it's current 11.2% yield. I was not trying to argue and criticize nor gainsay anything you are doing. Just comparing yields, because 4-5% is a popular perception in the portfolio management business. One thing I did a few years before retirement, in order to increase my investing options with my 401K money was to roll everything over into a rollover IRA. That way I was not restricted to just a few mutual funds selected by my company's 401K manager.

Yeah, man. Not trying to argue. Everyone has their own unique situation. I just hate seeing people with marginal savings banking on double digit returns to make it. I try to figure conservatively to be over my goal. I am also blessed with two federal pensions that will fully fund my retirement, plus I can start drawing social security at 58, not that I’m planning on that being anything of value. I’m also enjoying today. Who knows, I may not be around at retirement.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by rem141r
DR has good advice for the most part but he really sets people up for disappointment when he touts 10% return on investments. i guarandamntee that most of his "Pro's" don't get that. i know that for a fact because i used one for about 7-8 years and wasn't impressed. you better plan on 5-6% with standard long term mutual fund investing and plan to be happy if it does better. if you retired in 2000 and used his advice you'd be fugged a while now.

Exactly. All my long term planning is based on 5% growth, which stays ahead of inflation enough for modest gains. Anything else is a gamble. Now, I’ve certainly done better than 5% over time, but I’m not basing future earnings or hope of retirement on past earnings.

My portfolio ihas been yielding an average of 11.2% over the past three yers without touching the principle. It can be done. Check it out . . . High Dividend Opportunities

mine has been around 9 lately using my own knowledge gained from 30 years of investing. but what did it do from 2001-2005? and from 2008-2015? i look at the worst eras in my life and base my expectations on that. 90's was great. 2001-2015, not so great.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Okie, what does HDO charge it's investors?

I got in for around 350 a year three years ago. Was grandfathered in at that rate. I think it is up to around 500 a year now (or 64 per month.) I made back my fee in the first couple of weeks. There is a two-week free trial period where you can check everything out to see if it is for you. All payments are made online through the Seeking Alpha website. Pretty slick.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
As Dave says “ don’t ask broke people for financial advice “

The best thing to do with broke people is sell them your real estate.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How I’d love to have 20K in passive RE

Be the first to admit I’ve missed some big gains for not willing to stick my neck out farther.

But hard to get your head chopped off if you don’t stick your neck out too far.

I like RE to pay for RE, or rather tenants helping us buy RE.

Never considered my house an investment in anything other than peace of mind.

Once it was paid for, we saved up some shekels and built our first rental house, outa pocket. Now we had some RE, the duplex we bought later paid off pretty fast since we now had 3 payments working on the principal.

Last condo we bought we were gonna take out a loan, since we’d started an Llc for our rentals. But they jerked us around too much, and we had impending travel dates so we just said f it and paid cash

Everybody has different ideas on how to get their fam to the land of milk and honey, and I wish everyone good fortune in their endeavors.

But if ole Dave has nada else going for him, make yourself employable and pay yourself first. Pretty good words to live by imo&e

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r

mine has been around 9 lately using my own knowledge gained from 30 years of investing. but what did it do from 2001-2005? and from 2008-2015? i look at the worst eras in my life and base my expectations on that. 90's was great. 2001-2015, not so great.

80's and 90's were great, 2015 on is great, but you're right "the lost decade" was a long, painful period. I know. I started putting money into retirement around 1998, and it went nowhere, slow. Then again 2017 was great, and I made more that year than in the whole lost decade. That's the nature of long term investing. The good times come in very quick rallies, and if you're not in the market, you will miss them.

I've said this a number of times before, but I think it bears repeating. Especially for women, living into their nineties is entirely realistic. So a woman has an investment of almost 30 years if she retires at 65. That's a LONG, LONG, LOOOONG time for money to be invested "conservatively". Yes, periods like the lost decade ARE going to happen, bet on it. But with a 30 year time horizon, who can afford to go conservative early, and barely beat inflation? With a 30 year time horizon, the funds that will be needed 10, 20 and 30 years out should remain "aggressively" invested. Sure, take some money off the craps table to cover living expenses for the next five or even ten years, but not ALL of it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,164
Posts18,523,540
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.