Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
In light of the three mass shootings of the last few days and their tragic outcomes I am fearing a "perfect storm" of circumstances where the Second Amendment will come under attack like never before!
And seeings the Second Amendment has been under never ending onslaught for the last 50+ years that I have seen - that is saying something!
Your thoughts?
Sad day - I think this perfect storm of "circumstances" happening now and leading up to the 2,020 elections forbodes danger for us pro-Second Amendment citizens.
N.R.A. in disarray, three mass shootings in less than a week, mass media all dead set against Second Amendment Rights, 20 out of 20 demonrat Presidential candidates all devout anti-Second Amendment advocates - not much swingin my way it seems.
Hoping for the best.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will be beat up some but if the country is to survive then the 2nd Amendment will survive. We must have faith in God.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The masses will forget about these shootings and go about their business. Give it a few weeks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Right to Bare Arms predates the Bill of Rights. It is a guarantee that government can not take that Right away, and that the Right EXISTS as a stated fact.
Paul Revere's ride was the first US/local gun grab attempt, and it has never stopped. (And it likely never will).

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
It will be beat up some but if the country is to survive then the 2nd Amendment will survive. We must have faith in God.

Then why didn't He stop it?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's been a progressively downward spiral since 1968, much is already lost.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We have the opportunity now to kick liberal ass back a couple decades, if we conservatives do our part.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by kellory
The Right to Bare Arms predates the Bill of Rights. It is a guarantee that government can not take that Right away, and that the Right EXISTS as a stated fact.
Paul Revere's ride was the first US/local gun grab attempt, and it has never stopped. (And it likely never will).

Help me understand your statement. I thought the Second Amendment was part of the Bill of Rights.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 2A will survive but pressure will once again be brought against mag capacities and semi-auto rifles. Consider that only two of 20 Dems brought this up during two nights of debate. That will now change. The push-back against Trump's tweet rhetoric will escalate. Certainly, we realize there are nut cases out there on both sides. With the exception of bump-stocks, consider how many semi-autos are out there and how many millions of high capacity mags? To the extent that private party sales exist - ATF has stated that is not a "problem" when they analyze crime stats. We realize that semi-autos, magazines, UBC and red flag laws are the slippery slope.

I would expect Trump to come out with a statement or even have a national address to separate fact from fiction and address his communication style as it pertains to those who commit heinous crimes.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 08/04/19.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hell, it's easier for a criminal to find what they want on the black market than from a dealer.
How about making a law "you shall not kill"? Oh wait, that was already done thousands of years ago. How about posting those laws in schools?

Or just go on producing video games that teach how to mass kill, and teach in school that life does not have any value, starting from when the life is inside the mother.

IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
In light of the three mass shootings of the last few days and their tragic outcomes I am fearing a "perfect storm" of circumstances where the Second Amendment will come under attack like never before!
And seeings the Second Amendment has been under never ending onslaught for the last 50+ years that I have seen - that is saying something!
Your thoughts?
Sad day - I think this perfect storm of "circumstances" happening now and leading up to the 2,020 elections forbodes danger for us pro-Second Amendment citizens.
N.R.A. in disarray, three mass shootings in less than a week, mass media all dead set against Second Amendment Rights, 20 out of 20 demonrat Presidential candidates all devout anti-Second Amendment advocates - not much swingin my way it seems.
Hoping for the best.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

And this don't even take in Chicago!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Help me understand your statement. I thought the Second Amendment was part of the Bill of Rights.

P

The 2nd is an affirmation that the Right exists, and government can not remove it. It does not GRANT you the RIGHT to defend yourself. "WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT...."

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Right to Bare Arms predates the Bill of Rights.

Yep, wearing short sleeves is a God Given Right, LOL. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Right to Bare Arms predates the Bill of Rights.

Yep, wearing short sleeves is a God Given Right, LOL. grin

So sayeth Larry the Cable Guy. Amen. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The second amendment, along with the rest of the bill of rights, is a recognition by the founders that government, left unopposed, is a destroyer of freedom. The bill of rights was an attempt to curtail that destruction. But ultimately, the rights only are protected as long as people are willing to fight and die for them. All that is happening now is we are getting closer to the day when we'll see if there are enough people willing to fight.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
We have the opportunity now to kick liberal ass back a couple decades, if we conservatives do our part.

Damn right.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Virginian2
"When injustice becomes law, then resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

As in the "battle of Athens ".

The closest thing I can remember to a conservative riot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Second will survive but it will be a ugly bitter battle.

Today is my eldest daughter's 29th birthday. She will be receiving another 9mm to add to her very modest number of firearms. I recently gave my youngest daughter and her husband a 30/30 and 3 pistols.

I don't expect them to be fanatical or addicted to firearms but i have tried to imbue a respect and a life or death equation as to the necessity of gun ownership. It's not a hobby it's a matter of survival.
I always ask women when the subject of guns come up " If it's my body and my choice then why in the world would you call a complete stranger or a government official to protect the same." Try it sometimes.

I won't piss away my God given not government given right to self-defense and if i become a martyr for that right then so be it.

Last edited by krupp; 08/04/19.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

This.

But it won't happen if we wring our hands and roll over for them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,984
Posts18,480,940
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.