Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Due to a lot of unseen circumstances and no matter the degree of training that one has been through it’s an unknown factor as to how one could and would respond!

99% of folks ain’t Chuck Norris!!

Chuck Norris ain't Chuck Norris. He's more or less fiction. A man can only do what his conscience and training allows him to do. How much actual training does anyone think this 21 year old punk with a new AK had. I think I would have took my chances. Damn sure wasn't going to be shot in the back unless I was his first victim. But really, never been in such a armed conflict and just don't know. Been in several antique "fist fights" in my younger and dumber days, but that seems to be a thing of the past for settling arguments between men. Didn't always win, but never had anymore problems with the guy who did if I didn't. I guess that may count as a win to come and think about it. My thoughts and a $1.06 will get you a cup of coffee as McDonald's.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If one is going to CCW, they must accept the fact that they may have to give their life defending themselves or others and their death may be by LEO.
Accept that or don't carry.

It isn't "fair". It isn't "nice". It's fact.

No they don't. That is ridiculous.

The TRUTH is if you CCW, you have a CHOICE what you may, may not, and are capable of doing.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Starman
I mean look at the serious weight of the LE response:

https://images.app.goo.gl/MHBZzPfbFuzx3aTF7

How many cooks does it take to spoil a broth?

You post a picture of a SWAT team, then ask a stupid question?

That fits your M.O.

You are a total dumbass.

+1
I was going to say perfect dumbass, but nobody is perfect.

Last edited by ChuckKY; 08/05/19.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Starman: The El Paso murderer would NOT want me shooting at him with my Glock Model 22 filled with high capacity magazine and top quality Federal Hydro Shock (large hollow-point!) ammunition!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Truth, he is a creep and I am guilty as charged.

mike r

He/she's caught a lot of fish with his/her net. You ain't the only one Mike. I'm just drawing attention to him/her hoping to cut down on his/her giggles.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
None of us really know how we'd respond. And Rocky is correct, there's no duty to defend, just like the Broward Coward isn't in jail or liable. He's fired, but he's alive and apparently can live with that and his pension.

In El Paso, if I were there, carrying, and ran away, I couldn't stand myself. Anyone with me, not armed, run like hell!, of course, but the only way to stop something like this is to move to the sound of the gunfire.

It all boils down to, if there's a chance, then some of us will take it. I hope I've got the guts.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The guy is a coward and didnt want to die. Most likely any shot fired his way would have had him running away.

Yep. A lot of difference in a novice shooter who bought a gun a week ago shooting innocent fleeing victims in the back, then trying to shoot back at a well trained disciplined shooter who is proficient and determined.
I for one ain’t gonna die from getting shot in the back while running away. If I die It’s gonna be because I ran out of ammo.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/05/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That picture is after the fact. No swat team is so ready to respond it will be there in time to stop a shooter. Beat cop is what you got, if you're lucky, and he's not a pussy.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/05/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking them for the bad guy.

That might be the price to be paid. Seems like that is what police and military do every day. Sometimes give their own life to save others.

They also earn a living doing it, as well as have the court system on their team. Neither of these applies to a regular Joe with a pistol in his pocket.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
If people want to kill you, you can do your best, but they will still complete the act. This wack job could have done the same thing on a crowded street in a full size truck.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know this has been posted before, but it bares repeating !

The Classics Reloaded: “Rules For A Gunfight by Drill Instructor Joe B. Fricks, USMC”

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap – life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

And...
Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking them for the bad guy.

This right here. I've had local cops say that question comes up in training and the instructors never have a good answer.

Fight (engage, shoot) if you have no choice, if there's a choice run?

When we did our active shooter training for church, the KSP trainer was VERY CLEAR. When they roll on the scene, if you have a firearm in your hand, you have less than 2 seconds to put it down. Otherwise they assume YOU are part of the problem...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Supposedly there was a black License Holder who was armed on scene that was detained by El Paso LEO, who thought he might be the shooter.
If so, the Fake News Media’s Not reporting it.
Doesn’t fit their Agenda.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What kind of gutless wonder CCW uses his sidearm and them runs away and hides to avoid taking responsibility for his actions?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Supposedly there was a black License Holder who was armed on scene that was detained by El Paso LEO, who thought he might be the shooter.
If so, the Fake News Media’s Not reporting it.
Doesn’t fit their Agenda.

I read that too, Black Lives (especially his) Matter. Has a gun to respond, responds by running away. Hope he can live with that.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You post a picture of a SWAT team, then ask a stupid question?

That fits your M.O.

You are a total dumbass.

You came to the CF all worried asking advice on how to handle your neighbors dog.

How many years were you a Leo...9 or something? ..now you are busy busting hydraulic hoses on the farm,
chasing conspiracy theories, and ankle biting people here.

Lots of members find themselves capable of giving a candid civil answer about how they MIGHT have POTENTIALLY reacted
[depending on actual circumstance etc,] ..which is understandable ....

and they can answer without getting all uptight and upset like you and a couple other CF snowflakes have.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

The OP doesn't post on here except on the freakshow and even then is just with posts such as this to provoke responses.

FALSE...but evidently you feel the need to lie.....are you a cop/X- cop by any chance?

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Exhibit A: How many times since the original post has he posted on this thread?

mY ego isn't as big as yours, hence I like to see the variety of OTHER peoples responses.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Better to try and die than live as a coward

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree

That picture is after the fact. No swat team is so ready to respond it will be there in time to stop a shooter.
Beat cop is what you got, if you're lucky, and he's not a pussy.

Yes, Thats part of the point I was making.

iTs typically either up to a [reasonably willing -capable] side-armed citizen with a fortuitous good opportunity to thwart the shooter
or the cops first on the scene.

Multiple Teams that look like they are geared-up to raid Bin Ladens defended compound don't mean much if they arrive after
the dust has settled and the blood congealed.

but the media will swarm on them for a good photo-shoot. typically with the caption 'heavily armed police respond'

Originally Posted by okie john

But the odds of a good guy getting shot by first responders if he has to hunt the bad guy are off the charts, ...

Ive brought that exact same point up on previous threads.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Anyone doing or wishing to do what historically and culturally was "the right thing to do" is going to have the hardest time with the government and its employees, not a nutjob with a gun......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HawkI
Anyone doing or wishing to do what historically and culturally was "the right thing to do" is going to have the hardest time with the government and its employees, not a nutjob with a gun......

Yep.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 64 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,707
Posts18,513,889
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.