Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Maybe you don’t see the cop who shoots you without warning before you can holster.

Or the other CC holder who doesn’t know you’re not the BG.

P

First it really doesn’t happen. Good guys know a good guy when they see one. Second- who cares? If a good guy gets shot by another good guy, and the good shooter still hears gunfire he can run to it and end it. Oh but what about the poor father of three that was mistakingly killed? His three kids will know thier father was a man and died doing something. Not look upon him with shame and contempt for running away.

Seriously, if your life is more important than attempting to end it.... you’re not a man.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here’s what the BIBLE says :

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A LeMat would have worked well. Shotgun if close, ball if far.

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I spent a lot of years running in when everyone else was running out so I know what I’d do. I carry and I practice and train with it constantly. I have a range in my backyard so it makes doing so much easier.

I think God and I are good so I’d not hesitate so long as I didn’t bring fire down onto my family. THEY are my FIRST priority.....way above me and my self.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
THEY are my FIRST priority.....way above me and my self.

Does that include (assuming you’re a civilian, not an off-duty LEO) avoiding getting shot so you can survive to take care of them? Survival by declining to engage?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What if, what if. Phcuk, just stay home and order on line.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

Discretion is the better part of valor. Don't be a coward but don't die needlessly with no hope for success.

I believe this fits here. Remember it:
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
George S. Patton

Or as reported by some as more accurate:
George Patton’s last words to us before we left Africa came home with meaning: “No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.”

Last edited by shootem; 08/06/19.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Discretion is the better part of valor. Don't be a coward but don't die needlessly with no hope for success.

I believe this fits here. Remember it:
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
George S. Patton

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[bleep] this, I am not going to whimper and cry while covering my head trying to keep myself alive while others die. I would have to feed myself a bullet if I did that.

[bleep] all this, " A cop might shoot you" or "Another CCW holder might shot you" You are correct, that might happen. [bleep] it, let it happen.

But I will not spend the rest of my days knowing that I could have done something but was a [bleep] worthless self interested coward.

So if I have to take a bullet to save your wife or your daughter or your child I will do it. I will not take one for you because you are a man and you should be fighting with me.

So if I'm close enough to engage then I engage. Otherwise I help others to safety. Potential consequences be damned.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Armednfree
[bleep] this, I am not going to whimper and cry while covering my head trying to keep myself alive while others die. I would have to feed myself a bullet if I did that.

[bleep] all this, " A cop might shoot you" or "Another CCW holder might shot you" You are correct, that might happen. [bleep] it, let it happen.

But I will not spend the rest of my days knowing that I could have done something but was a [bleep] worthless self interested coward.

So if I have to take a bullet to save your wife or your daughter or your child I will do it. I will not take one for you because you are a man and you should be fighting with me.

So if I'm close enough to engage then I engage. Otherwise I help others to safety. Potential consequences be damned.

My guess you miss and kill a kid.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
THEY are my FIRST priority.....way above me and my self.

Does that include (assuming you’re a civilian, not an off-duty LEO) avoiding getting shot so you can survive to take care of them? Survival by declining to engage?

P

No!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by callnum

Nowhere is anybody saying they’d shoot in a crowd of kids.

But you are saying you’d stand by and watch kids get shot. Good job.

If a baby was crawling into a busy intersection would you risk causing an accident by going into traffic and grabbing them?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Nowhere is anybody saying they’d shoot in a crowd of kids.

But you are saying you’d stand by and watch kids get shot. Good job.

If a baby was crawling into a busy intersection would you risk causing an accident by going into traffic and grabbing them?

Apples to carrots

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Personally, I think engaging a vested up, rifle armed shooter who already has the rifle up and is pulling off shots,...with a handgun,..is a creative way to commit suicide.

Can you hit him in the melon when he's putting 3 rounds a second through your chest?

Let's be real here.

Unlikely.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I cannot say how I'd react, but if I could pre-program myself right now I'd have me move towards the shooter and engage, as men it is our duty to protect others and oppose evil.

Especially at my time in life..... already had a family, already raised a kid, already lived to see a grandchild. My ridiculers-in-chief are absent at present so I can compare it to gang activity in the school hallways; what you want to do is insert yourself into the flow of events the perpetrators had planned and send it off in some other direction by your interference..

Right now in my 60's I still have the mobility to present a threat. Surprising the shooter from behind or to the side would be best, as someone here said if he's wearing a vest aim for the pelvis.

If I died in the attempt my term life is still in effect, I leave a good story for others to tell about me and get to take another good story with me to the other side, and all we get to keep when we check out of this world are our stories. As a bonus I'd get to increase my odds of making it into the Good Place.

We do know that these shooters do seem to get rattled when faced with determined opposition, even in the event of my death it is entirely possible lives could be saved by at least delaying the shooter.

That's how I'd like to think I'd react.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I cannot say how I'd react, but if I could pre-program myself right now I'd have me move towards the shooter and engage, as men it is our duty to protect others and oppose evil.

Especially at my time in life..... already had a family, already raised a kid, already lived to see a grandchild. My ridiculers-in-chief are absent at present so I can compare it to gang activity in the school hallways; what you want to do is insert yourself into the flow of events the perpetrators had planned and send it off in some other direction by your interference..

Right now in my 60's I still have the mobility to present a threat. Surprising the shooter from behind or to the side would be best, as someone here said if he's wearing a vest aim for the pelvis.

If I died in the attempt my term life is still in effect, I leave a good story for others to tell about me and get to take another good story with me to the other side, and all we get to keep when we check out of this world are our stories. As a bonus I'd get to increase my odds of making it into the Good Place.

We do know that these shooters do seem to get rattled when faced with determined opposition, even in the event of my death it is entirely possible lives could by at least delaying the shooter.

That's how I'd like to think I'd react.

Well said.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Most likely any shot fired his way would have had him running away.

Shots directed at him would at least change his thought process from murder to self preservation.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a let-down! No nekid women pictures! I did not look here for a long time after it came up knowing it would soon be a wonderful browsing opportunity...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fire guys all believe they are John McClane running around screaming .... and slinging 9’s.

Most are not. Most would have missed and killed 6 civilians.

JMc walked over broken glass to take out a group of seasoned terrorists ready for a seek and destroy gunFight .. laugh

...a cowardly wackjob who targets innocents mainly cause they are unarmed soft targets
might not take the same effort to thwart....

but yes, after the Broward event many here said how brave they would have been in the face of such fire,

but who really knows how many would prove that good at their cyberspace word.

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Starman, what would you actually do. It seems you have put a great deal of thought into this. You're in the mall when the shooting starts,
you're legally armed with a handgun. What will you do?

Roger that , will get back with a thought-out response.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
99% of the time, I'm shopping alone. As long as I know my family is safe, I'm under no obligation to help others. With the realities of a justifiable shooting potentially costing me and my family everything, I'm going to pick and choose my battles carefully.

To the O.P. question, If I'm in a position to ambush a bad guy- and I have to know it's not just a brand new, clueless gun owner bringing his recently purchased AR into Walmart to return it- but a legitimate bad guy, then yes, I'd take him out.

On the other hand, if I'm armed with my usual carry, a .38 snubby or a an LCP, and he's got an AR on the other side of the store and there are dozens if not hundreds of panicked people running right thru my line of my fire, I'm getting out of Dodge. I'm not going to chance: going to jail and being sued for accidentally shooting an innocent fleeing bystander, or getting shot by the responding cops who saw me with a gun stalking someone in Walmart, or getting mowed down by the bad guy for trying to help a bunch of ungrateful Democrats who are going use the occasion to ban guns while my family tries to put their life back together.

If I, or my family is in immediate danger, all bets are off. I will fight to the death of one or both of us.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (204guy, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 117LBS, 30 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,776
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.