Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
The National Rifle Association reportedly considered buying a $6 million mansion for use by CEO Wayne Lapierre.

The Washington Post reports documents show that the gun-rights group discussed buying the Dallas-area house for its CEO but talks fell through. The dealings are now under scrutiny by New York investigators as part of an ongoing investigation into the NRA’s tax-exempt status.

The NRA and its former longtime advertising firm, Ackerman McQueen are currently at odds over who planned to pay for the mansion and where the idea originated, according to The Post.

In a statement to the news outlet Tuesday, the ad firm said LaPierre initially asked for assistance with buying the house, a move that alarmed officials at Ackerman McQueen.

“Actions in this regard led to Ackerman McQueen’s loss of faith in Mr. LaPierre’s decision-making,” the firm said.

The NRA contends it was the ad firm that originally suggested last year to buy the house, seeing it as an investment to be managed by the firm’s top executives. The NRA added that its top leaders ended up rejecting the idea.

“The deal was vetoed by the NRA after its full terms — including Ackerman’s intent to spend NRA money — became known to Wayne LaPierre,” William Brewer III, an attorney for the organization, told The Post. “Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent. Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue.”

Ackerman McQueen told The Post that the NRA’s account of the dealings is “patently false.”

“The truth is that Mr. LaPierre decided to proactively propose his plan to leave his current residence and purchase a new residence,” the company said. “Acting outside the parties’ Services Agreement, Mr. LaPierre sought the involvement of Ackerman McQueen. Ackerman McQueen refused to proceed with this transaction.”

The dispute over the origins of the idea for a house for LaPierre is the latest ordeal between the two sides after the NRA cut ties with Ackerman McQueen back in May after nearly four decades.

The revelation is the latest blow to the gun lobbyist as it battles financial struggles and internal shakeups.

The Hill has reached out to the NRA for comment.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, if WAPO reported it, it must be true.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We need to find a slick lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against the NRA, Wayne and that embezzling law firm on behalf of it's members.

Last edited by Tyrone; 08/07/19.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
We need to find a slick lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against the NRA, Wayne and that embezzling law firm on behalf of it's members.

Is that a fact?

What are you going to sue them for?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The fact that NRA hasn't sent LaPierre packing tells it all about NRAs commitment to themselves over gun owners and gun rights.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.
How about fraud, misappropriation of funds or embezzlement? I think there's enough evidence out there to get embezzlement to stick. Or maybe racketeering.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Is that a fact?

Misappropriation of COMMON SENSE!!

That oughta work!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They just called wanting me to renew. I told them to get rid of JWL and I would sign back up.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.
How about fraud, misappropriation of funds or embezzlement? I think there's enough evidence out there to get embezzlement to stick. Or maybe racketeering.

Embezzlement and racketeering are criminal charges.

You can't sue for criminal charges.

A class action suit is a civil suit where multiple parties sue for civil damages.

So... You spend years in court to get your $36 membership fees back, and the huge team of lawyers will leave you about 23 1/2 cents as a payout, once their fees are deducted.

You are right. You aren't a lawyer. wink

The NRA needs to get their schidt together and get back in the fight.

Trashing them, or destroying them is what would make the gun grabbing Commies happier than anything.

Lots of people need to wake up, and start making some smart choices here.

That includes the membership.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The NRA has no doubt “considered” many silly and ridiculous things, then sensibly rejected them.

So?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently the NRA doesn't read emails much.
They send me email wanitng money, I send them one;s saying no until WLP is gone.
Doesn't seem to faze them, their gimmie emails have not slowed down

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The NRA is in need of an exorcism to rid itself of WLP and his extravagent lifestyle.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A class action suit is a civil suit where multiple parties sue for civil damages.

So... You spend years in court to get your $36 membership fees back, and the huge team of lawyers will leave you about 23 1/2 cents as a payout, once their fees are deducted.

Actually, I wouldn't spend *any* time in court. Some slick lawyer would. smile
I really don't care if I get any money back. It's about reforming a corrupted organization, which a civil court would have the authority to do. A civil court could review all the contracts and all the correspondence. Lawyers could do discovery which could lead to criminal charges.

BTW, the slick lawyer would get FAR more than 23 1/2 cents!

Just as an aside, I independently (not necessarily uniquely) came up with the concept of suing establishments after shootings occurred that had 30.06 signs posted. So, I'm not that far off base, I'm usually 10-15 years ahead.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
They need their penis cut off, as in la pierre.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.

Embezzlement and racketeering are criminal charges.

You can't sue for criminal charges.

The NRA needs to get their schidt together and get back in the fight.

Trashing them, or destroying them is what would make the gun grabbing Commies happier than anything.

Lots of people need to wake up, and start making some smart choices here.

That includes the membership.

Exactly, but until Wayne goes and they step up to support all our 2nd amendment rights I will not financially support them.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Anything for fat boy Wayne I geuss.
Him and all his minons need ta go.
Fugging Amway pyramid scheme schit is what it seems to be now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DubThomas
They just called wanting me to renew. I told them to get rid of JWL and I would sign back up.

Yep! When my 5 years are up, I won't renew unless that schidtstain is gone.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Harlen Carter all over again. Big heads loose perspective of reality.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They can take my guns, then I won't have any grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My money goes to GOA. NRA can wish in one hand and schitt in the other and see which one fills up first. I haven't spent a penny with them in over 15 years. They're just another bunch of money-grubbing politicians, no matter how much they scream "The sky is falling!"
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 1234, 52 invisible), 3,114 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,663
Posts18,534,077
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.