Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You dont when your # is up....
No one knows that.
Better to be armed than not.
If ya got a clear shot and possibly some good cover dump rounds on em.

Some millennial whack job vested up
Start taking out his lower body areas
Fugg, from the belly button down is all exposed.

Go out fighting.
You either survive or you dont.
Better than dying like live stock.

Last edited by renegade50; 08/07/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by callnum
Fire guys all believe they are John McClane running around screaming yippee kiy yi yi ahh and slinging 9’s.

Most are not. Most would have missed and killed 6 civilians.

Fahqin' sanctimonious moron.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by renegade50
No one knows that.

Go out fighting.

+1

Pretty much on point as usual from renegade or slumlord and I agree. That kid submitted as soon as he encountered force. Said he was going down fighting, didn't have the stomach for anything other that taking out unarmed people. I think most people are giving these wackos way to much credit. Most of these guys aren't the North Hollywood Bank Robbers, just some left wing socially offended white boy.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Starman
Fire guys all believe they are John McClane running around screaming .... and slinging 9’s.

JMc walked over broken glass to take out a group of seasoned terrorists ready for a seek and destroy gunFight .. laugh

...a cowardly wackjob who targets innocents mainly cause they are unarmed soft targets
might not take the same effort to thwart....

but yes, after the Broward event many here said how brave they would have been in the face of such fire,

but who really knows how many would prove that good at their cyberspace word.

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Starman, what would you actually do. It seems you have put a great deal of thought into this. You're in the mall when the shooting starts,
you're legally armed with a handgun. What will you do?

Roger that , will get back with a thought-out response.

You started this thread three days ago and have posted nine times on it. You don't have a "thought-out response" response to your own question you asked?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Personally, I think engaging a vested up, rifle armed shooter who already has the rifle up and is pulling off shots,...with a handgun,..is a creative way to commit suicide.

Can you hit him in the melon when he's putting 3 rounds a second through your chest?

Let's be real here.

Unlikely.

Watch the New Zealand shooting and tell me he didn’t have complete tunnel vision. An unarmed person was able to get up to him. If that person would have had a hammer it might have went different

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no idea how I would have responded. I have an incredibly strong protective instinct. I am willing to risk my life in service to others. I am also a practical thinker. I would not present myself for senseless slaughter. I think the tactical situation would guide my response, but I'll allow that under that much stress I don't really know what I'd do.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Fire guys all believe they are John McClane running around screaming .... and slinging 9’s.

JMc walked over broken glass to take out a group of seasoned terrorists ready for a seek and destroy gunFight .. laugh

...a cowardly wackjob who targets innocents mainly cause they are unarmed soft targets
might not take the same effort to thwart....

but yes, after the Broward event many here said how brave they would have been in the face of such fire,

but who really knows how many would prove that good at their cyberspace word.

Starman, what would you actually do. It seems you have put a great deal of thought into this. You're in the mall when the shooting starts,
you're legally armed with a handgun. What will you do?

Roger that , will get back with a thought-out response.

You started this thread three days ago and have posted nine times on it. You don't have a "thought-out response" response to your own question you asked?

Would be extremely beneficial to have even a couple of minutes, let alone three days prior notice before a spontaneous mass public shooting event to come up with a real world, "thought-out response", that covered all possible variables, potential scenarios and unknowns.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by renegade50
No one knows that.

Go out fighting.

Zactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
[bleep] this, I am not going to whimper and cry while covering my head trying to keep myself alive while others die. I would have to feed myself a bullet if I did that.

[bleep] all this, " A cop might shoot you" or "Another CCW holder might shot you" You are correct, that might happen. [bleep] it, let it happen.

But I will not spend the rest of my days knowing that I could have done something but was a [bleep] worthless self interested coward.

So if I have to take a bullet to save your wife or your daughter or your child I will do it. I will not take one for you because you are a man and you should be fighting with me.

So if I'm close enough to engage then I engage. Otherwise I help others to safety. Potential consequences be damned.

My guess you miss and kill a kid.

Let's understand that I know my physiological stress response. I have been the target of someone trying to kill me four times. I carry scars from three slash wounds and two stab woulds a shoulder that ties me up ( that's what happens when the two locks on the end of the belt hit your shoulder after the glance off the side of your head). I've done that terrible two minutes those times and more.

Not exactly uncharted waters for me.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Depends on the angle of attack, side or rear, and no civilians in the way for a clear shot. If he was wearing a vest, probably leg or but shot for wound, head shot to kill. Hitting the bullet proof fest will knock the air out of him for additional shots.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's the gist of that legal end. If the cop, even one that barely passes qualification, goes in and fires his 15 round mag and misses. He injures or kills innocents. This cop will not be potentially charged with something in the homicide range, nor will he face personal civil liability. He is covered by sovereign immunity because he is acting as an agent of the state.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Would be extremely beneficial to have even a couple of minutes, let alone three days prior notice before a spontaneous mass public shooting event to come up with a real world, "thought-out response", that covered all possible variables, potential scenarios and unknowns.

[/quote]

Exactly. Tell us who where and time. I will be there with my trusty old 3030 and surprise him from cover, shoot him right through the liver. Never gonna happen

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It depends. Family and kids first. Get them the hell outta there. That being said, I rarely make Walmart a family excursion. If I think I can get the drop on an active shooter with an AR platform to save lives, I like to think I will without hesitation, but I have never been in a hostile situation with gunfire. The times I’ve had rifle bullets zing past deer hunting put all senses on alert and I had a taste in my mouth that was not unlike a 9v battery. Adrenaline dump or so I’m told.

Trying to hit the apricot when firing from sporting goods to frozen foods in a Walmart with a G43 is a foolish proposition. Perhaps to provide cover fire for those trying to escape. Again, it all depends. It’s a dynamic situation. Best not to be part of the problem unless you can be reasonably sure you’re part of the solution.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A person never knows what he or she would do until you are in that situation.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Personally, I think engaging a vested up, rifle armed shooter who already has the rifle up and is pulling off shots,...with a handgun,..is a creative way to commit suicide.

Can you hit him in the melon when he's putting 3 rounds a second through your chest?

Let's be real here.

Unlikely.

It is all about mindset and commitment, some prepare to win while others surrender in advance because it is easier. I have heard a lot of excuses so far as to why you shouldn't put yourself at risk and find it appalling.

It becomes extra amusing when these same warriors bemoan gun control and extoll their role as victims of an unjust world that controls their choices.

Lots of losers and poosies exposing themselves on this thread. The OPs trolling post has had unexpected consequences.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Best not to be part of the problem unless you can be reasonably sure you’re part of the solution.

Exactly

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You started this thread three days ago and have posted nine times on it. You don't have a "thought-out response" response
to your own question you asked?

Does the casual interaction cyber waffle CF operate under EXAM conditions?, or must one answer within a certain life or death rigid time frame?

You wont get hard and fast instantly gratifying answers from me If I don't think thats the way I should answer your specific question under
cyberworld conditions.

you sound like a petty nit picking old man with an agenda.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You started this thread three days ago and have posted nine times on it. You don't have a "thought-out response" response
to your own question you asked?

Does the casual interaction cyber waffle CF operate under EXAM conditions?, or must one respond within a certain life or death rigid time frame?

You wont get hard and fast instantly gratifying answers from me If I don't think thats the way I should answer your specific question under
cyberworld conditions.

you sound like a petty nit picking old man with an agenda.

You sound like a liberal troll, all mouth and no substance. You ask questions that you aren't able or willing to answer yourself do to no real core values that you are willing to stand behind. An expert on everything and nothing really at all.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

You sound like a liberal troll, all mouth and no substance. You ask questions that you aren't able or willing to answer yourself do to no real core values
that you are willing to stand behind. An expert on everything and nothing really at all.

No, You are pissed cause Im not playing your game the way you would like.

You didnt get what you wanted , now you chukKy a tantrum.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You sound like a liberal troll, all mouth and no substance. You ask questions that you aren't able or willing to answer yourself do to no real core values
that you are willing to stand behind. An expert on everything and nothing really at all.

No, You are pissed cause Im not playing your game the way you would like.

You didnt get what you wanted , now you chukKy a tantrum.

Nah, you have already forgot this was your game. You're not smart enough to realize it, but you just "outed" yourself in front of everyone. Not capable or have enough substance to answer a question you ask of everyone else

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,704
Posts18,513,856
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.