Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You started the question, now answer it. You consistently post as if you were a hard guy w/ insider info. Man up and show everyone who responded to your inquiry what you've got and where you got it. We are all waiting to hear from ' the source'.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Not capable or have enough substance to answer a question you ask of everyone else

Im finishing up my response in draught, and BTW nobody was obligated to answer my OP question.

There are several thousand hits on the thread , but nowhere near that many answers-responses,
Im fine with peoples free-will and all that.

its bitter old fools like you and IVmiker that have your nickers in a wad.

others have answered without 'demanding' anything from anyone else.

... You're not smart enough to realize it, but you just "outed" yourself in front of everyone...

Hmmmm...I posted a subject anyone is free to contribute to or not contribute to, there are no strict demands
or conditions put in place for anyone, but you are desperately trying.

civil minded responses are appreciate by most people here, but you don't seem able to cope.

Originally Posted by lvmiker
...now answer it...Man up ..

lol..... the CF is the place you like to Man Up and demand things..?..old man with obstinant child like behavior, very sad.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have owned several sidearms in my day that were easy minute of dead punk out to 50 yards or a bit more and still have one I keep handy. Have been shot at many, many times at close range and though it is never a gentle experience I will say one tends to adapt to such affairs. So yes, to answer the question, if the perp doesn't shoot me at the beginning he or she is toast.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Starman
Not capable or have enough substance to answer a question you ask of everyone else

Im finishing up my response in draught, and BTW nobody was obligated to answer my OP question.

There are several thousand hits on the thread , but nowhere near that many answers-responses,
Im fine with peoples free-willl and all that.

its bitter old fools like you and IVmiker that have your nickers in a wad.

others have answered without 'demanding' anything from anyone else.

Originally Posted by lvmiker
...now answer it...Man up ..

lol..... the CF is the place you like to Man Up and demand things...?

You are a puzzie and a fraud. Man up or disappear, again.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
IVMiker, ...how many innocents will die on the CF If I don't respond in the time frame you 'demand'..?

why do you bitter irrelevant old men take the cyberspace CF so seriously?....where did you fail or fall short in life
that you need to desperately make up for it here?

You never made the grade you aimed for and since bitterly resent the rejection from your superior ability peers?

that's it..?

get over it fool.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Im finishing up my response in draught"

Aren't you special. cry cry cry

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Draughting works better that just shooting ones mouth off low attention span cHuKKY style...

You ask for it , now you got it ... ITs only a CF quality response but its sufficient , you don't deserve much else
bitch and nitpick away >>

#######

There are variables that would effect my minset and approach;

did I go in the place alone? , did I go in with family/children?, Am I in the place with an armed buddy I can trust?

I casually mix with a variety of types, at different times , just ordinary no conflict family guys who dont want to risk dying
[if their kids are not involved] ,some are tradesmen , or ordinary security job types of varying willingness or ability,
another is a federal LEO of quality I don't know, another is a seasoned Tier 1 vet that has piled up Alqaeda type bad guys,
has been on the teams designated for Anti- terror/hostage retrieval of political leaders during G20 world summit gatherings,
.. he has also been shot, stabbed, copped blasts from landmines and IEDs etc. ..he has lived and breathed it for decades
whether working for Gov or as a mercenary, he bares the scares but is still fit and active in the game, you don't want to screw
with him...and going by his appearance, chances are you would not pick him out of a crowd in Walmart etc.

so If I'm alone [more typically] , or fortunately with someone like that , or some cowering jelly-heart [when stuff goes down],
I doubt I would be the exactly the same person, cause others can and do have effect on you.
Depends who I am with would determine how much I may have to bite the bullet and step up ...or step back/down,
and let another with far superior nerve/skill /experience take precedence.

If there with your own family, they are priority #1,.. if I am there with my buddy and his children they become #1 in the absence of mine,
you may engage or go back in by choice , but you try and secure their well being first by what means available /necessary.
iF you can help others along the way all the better.

Groups of of besieged young little school children , yes I believe I would put myself at more risk for them than general adults.
I could not bring myself to think those kids are in there on their own between a rock and hard place, and me safe.

caring about the well being of cops would come below all of them.

Collateral damage, - yes it is a big concern for me... IF I could bring myself to play sensible hero that's great,
I would not want to play hero at any price.

>>>>>>>
FIGHT or FLIGHT
>>>>>>>

A natural thing in people, to much fight or flight can be inappropriate, not enough also can be in appropriate.
Striking the balance and the correct timing ?...can be tough, ...even more so in changing-highly dynamic circumstances.

then sometimes is NOT all Fight or Flight...,it can be SIT TIGHT and be ready for either of the other two.

Rushing toward / to engage Gunfire;

I don't like that word, rushing implies rashness and foolhardiness....QUICK thinking and QUICK acting with your head screwed on
- thats different....being proactive does not have to mean utterly rash reckless heroics.

You are taught the same thing when dealing with emergency situation power-engine failures in aircraft , ocean dunkings/sinking aircraft etc,
and when first responding to medically assist injured/trapped people in highly precarious situations,

You may not have much time [relatively speaking] ideally you think and pro-act quickly as trained and as is appropriate,
not Rash panic reactions.

Dangers can unfold and lurk seen and unseen{less obvious}...scatterbrain rashness can get you in seriously debilitating deep schitt
you could have reasonably minimised or avoided while still on the way to hopefully getting the demanding job done to some good degree,
...try not to become a victim of yourself out of your own sheer bonehead arrogant blind minded stupidity, thus undermining what limited
chances you may have had to make best opportunity of.

I always remember my flight instructor telling me that how you train and how well you do something in the final exam,
is stricter and not what I would expect of you in real world situation , there is some leeway.
In practice, you don't want to bend the machine in engine failure emergency landings cause you still need to train in it
and the owner won't be very happy.
In unexpected REAL emergencies, its ok If you end up bending the machine if everyone walks away alive and unhurt.
that's still a great effective emergency landing..

The thing about air related emergencies , is that unlike a shooting encounter , I DONT have the option to run away or hide,
I am obligated to adapt and deal with it right there and then or die... if I don't, it only gets worse and ONLY to my disadvantage if I don't.
some of that 'cant run away - take responsibility' , flows over and partly effects other areas of my attitude to life.

I suppose that principle can kinda apply to a reasonably competent ability foot forward CCW person willing to risk their life for a worthy cause,
..dont expect to proficiently textbook 'double tap' a perp like you do on paper or like a seasoned pro... but don't automatically think you cannot
potentially contribute to stopping or minimizing the damage an easily peturbed active perp has in mind.

if you by chance happen to come upon an onfire kickass perp who really knows his schitt and is not phased , well you may have option
to retreat ...or you take a bullet cause it wasnt your day, . such is life, just remember you roll the dice every time you head out the front door.
(whether you have your Witts about you or not)...what may greatly determine your day come what may,...will be your own awareness, attitude
willingness and mindset.

Outcomes in life are not guaranteed and you can be down on yourself If you don't Get the outcome you expected,
but one may have to ask whether ones expectations were realistic relative to the situation, your oportunities and abilities.

*****. *******
Folks should read about what a team of quickly scratched together last reminent mixed bag of 'very ordinary' US servicemen achieved
in the Ardennes Offensive,
While many other servicemen were abandoning their positions, vehicles, and weapons running in fear of the advancing German armor,
[some say in justified good sense] ..these guys decided they were going to hold a vital crossroad the Germans desperately needed to advance....

considering what they were up against youd think they were truly crazy and sucidial ,

As it turned out, their determination,courage and resilience put a much UNexpected spanner in the Germans armoured spearhead
advance to the west....their efforts at holding that cross road proved vital to the thwarting of an aggressive German offensive, they seriously
bogged the Germans momentum down.
Those guys showed extraordinary nerve, courage and discipline well beyond expectation and they weren't trained nothing like the 101st.
They may have just pulled it out of their asses without knowing they could really do it , but It is fact that they did achieve what I stated,
and they made a serious difference to how the Ardennes offensive went.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Starman
Draughting works better that just shooting ones mouth off low attention span cHuKKY style...

You ask for it , now you got it ... ITs only a CF quality response but its sufficient , you don't deserve much else
bitch and nitpick away >>

#######

There are variables that would effect my minset and approach;

did I go in the place alone? , did I go in with family/children?, Am I in the place with an armed buddy I can trust?

I casually mix with a variety of types, at different times , just ordinary no conflict family guys who dont want to risk dying
[if their kids are not involved] ,some are tradesmen , or ordinary security job types of varying willingness or ability,
another is a federal LEO of quality I don't know, another is a seasoned Tier 1 vet that has piled up Alqaeda type bad guys,
has been on the teams designated for Anti- terror/hostage retrieval of political leaders during G20 world summit gatherings,
.. he has also been shot, stabbed, copped blasts from landmines and IEDs etc. ..he has lived and breathed it for decades
whether working for Gov or as a mercenary, he bares the scares but is still fit and active in the game, you don't want to screw
with him...and going by his appearance, chances are you would pick him out of a crowd in Walmart etc.

so If I'm alone [more typically] , or fortunately with someone like that , or some cowering jelly-heart [when stuff goes down],
I doubt I would be the exactly the same person, cause others can and do have effect on you.
Depends who I am with would determine how much I may have to bite the bullet and step up ...or step back/down,
and let another with far superior nerve/skill /experience take precedence.

If there with your own family, they are priority #1,.. if I am there with my buddy and his children they become #1 in the absence of mine,
you may engage or go back in by choice , but you try and secure their well being first by what means available /necessary.
iF you can help others along the way all the better.

Groups of of besieged young little school children , yes I believe I would put myself at more risk for them than general adults.
I could not bring myself to think those kids are in there on their own between a rock and hard place, and me safe.

caring about the well being of cops would come below all of them.

Collateral damage, - yes it is a big concern for me... IF I could bring myself to play sensible hero that's great,
I would not want to play hero at any price.

>>>>>>>
FIGHT or FLIGHT
>>>>>>>

A natural thing in people, to much fight or flight can be inappropriate, not enough also can be in appropriate.
Striking the balance and the correct timing ?...can be tough, ...even more so in changing-highly dynamic circumstances.

then sometimes is NOT all Fight or Flight...,it can be SIT TIGHT and be ready for either of the other two.

Rushing toward / to engage Gunfire;

I don't like that word, rushing implies rashness and foolhardiness....QUICK thinking and QUICK acting with your head screwed on
- thats different....being proactive does not have to mean utterly rash reckless heroics.

You are taught the same thing when dealing with emergency situation power-engine failures in aircraft , ocean dunkings/sinking aircraft etc,
and when first responding to medically assist injured/trapped people in highly precarious situations,

You may not have much time [relatively speaking] ideally you think and pro-act quickly as trained and as is appropriate,
not Rash panic reactions.

Dangers can unfold and lurk seen and unseen{less obvious}...scatterbrain rashness can get you in seriously debilitating deep schitt
you could have reasonably minimised or avoided while still on the way to hopefully getting the demanding job done to some good degree,
...try not to become a victim of yourself out of your own sheer bonehead arrogant blind minded stupidity, thus undermining what limited
chances you may have had to make best opportunity of.

I always remember my flight instructor telling me that how you train and how well you do something in the final exam,
is stricter and not what I would expect of you in real world situation , there is some leeway.
In practice, you don't want to bend the machine in engine failure emergency landings cause you still need to need to train in it
and the owner won't be very happy.
In unexpected REAL emergencies, it ok If you end up bending the machine if everyone walks away alive and unhurt.
that's still a great effective emergency landing..

The thing about air related emergencies , is that unlike a shooting encounter , I DONT have the option to run away or hide,
I am obligated to adapt and deal with right there and then or die... if I don't it only gets worse and ONLY to my disadvantage if I don't.
some of that 'cant run away take responsibility' , flows over and partly effects other areas of my attitude to life.

I suppose that principle can kinda apply to a reasonably competent ability foot forward CCW person willing to risk their life for a worthy cause,
..dont expect to proficiently textbook 'double tap' a perp like you do on paper or like a seasoned pro... but don't automatically think you cannot
potentially contribute to stopping or minimizing the damage an easily peterbed active perp has in mind.

if you by chance you happen to come upon an onfire kickass perp who really knows his schitt and is not phased , well you may have option
to retreat ...or you take a bullet cause it wasnt your day, . such is life, just remember you roll the dice every time you head out the front door.
(whether you have your Witts about you or not)...what may greatly determine your day come what may,...will be your own awareness, attitude
willingness and mindset.

Outcomes in life are not guaranteed and you can be down on yourself If you don't Get the outcome you expected,
but one may have to ask whether ones expectations were realistic relative to the situation, your oportunities and abilities.

*****. *******
Folks should read about what a team of quickly scratched together last reminent mixed bag of 'very ordinary' US servicemen achieved
in the Ardennes Offensive,
While many other servicemen were abandoning their positions, vehicles, and weapons running in fear of the advancing German armor,
[some say in justified good sense] ..these guys decided they were going to hold a vital crossroad the Germans desperately needed to advance....

considering what they were up against youd think they were truly crazy and sucidial ,

As it turned out, their determination,courage and resilience put a much UNexpected spanner in the Germans armoured spearhead
advance to the west....their efforts at holding that cross road proved vital to the thwarting an aggressive German offensive, they seriously
bogged the Germans momentum down.
Those guys showed extraordinary nerve, courage and discipline well beyond expectation and there weren't trained nothing like the 101st.
They may have just pulled it out of their asses without know they could really could do it , but Its a fact that did achieve what I stated,
and they made a serious difference to the how the Ardennes offensive went.

That was Draughting spectacular. I didn't read it, but it had to be special considering the source.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
[bleep] this, I am not going to whimper and cry while covering my head trying to keep myself alive while others die....

... I will not spend the rest of my days knowing that I could have done something but was a [bleep] worthless self interested coward...

... if I'm close enough to engage then I engage. Otherwise I help others to safety. Potential consequences be damned...

We need to consider the consequences of when faced with imminent chance of death, ones whole life can flash before ones eyes,

some don't want to chance experiencing that , cause they will disappointingly discover they didn't ever do anything worth watching. ... grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've noticed something about people who employ violence in a planned fashion like this. I'm talking about people who do not have a history, experience, in it. not applying to people who are experienced in it, who have grown up in it, to which violence is a first or early response.

It seems that if they don't have a history of carrying out violence the plan in their head, their preconceived course of events, is a fragile thing. Much like the inexperienced commanding officer with a battle plan in his head, who cannot adapt when those plans must change. So they fall apart in confusion, not knowing what to do.

How that applies to this thread, I don't know. It is just an observation that comes to mind.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/08/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"I've noticed something about people who employ violence in a planned fashion like this. I'm talking about people who do not have a history, experience, in it. not applying to people who are experienced in it, who have grown up in it, to which violence is a first or early response.

It seems that if they don't have a history of carrying out violence the plan in their head, their preconceived course of events, is a fragile thing. Much like the inexperienced commanding officer with a battle plan in his head, who cannot adapt when those plans must change. So they fall apart in confusion, not knowing what to do.

How that applies to this thread, I don't know. It is just an observation that comes to mind."

This applies in just the manner that I have been saying. These mass shooters are not badass Russian Special Forces types who have been in combat many times, and who have killed and been shot at before. These are Keyboard Commandos whose experience is video games.
So they are going to be much more vulnerable than an experienced combat veteran, and when met with armed opposition they are likely to just give up, or else, to go ahead and kill themselves.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems to me that when violence is responded to with violence, even unarmed, they realize there is no reset button. The game does not restart.

I've seen these weak minded men automatically cowering like they did before the bully's of their youth. Even men who have become strong and large, it's like an automatic physiological reaction.

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/08/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
starfish, your thoughtful reply that you so carefully "draughted" proves that you are both a puss and a fraud. A rambling diatribe invoking imaginary friends w/ "Tier 1" capabilities, implications of vast aviation experience and soldiers at Ardennes. You like to deride the experience of others yet constantly refuse to discuss the training and personal history that gives you any credibility to comment on any topic.

Many here have speculated that you are a sockpuppet of a previously disgraced member, if so it is understandable that you would hide your background. If not why would you not reveal some substance of your background to add some credibility to your implied expertise on so many topics?

If the old and ignorant members of the CF are not worthy of your efforts why do you return?

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 08/08/19.

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking them for the bad guy.

And even more careful that there isn't somebody else, like him, around.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I recall reading in the book, "Band of Brothers". The surviving members of Easy Company said they they took much more risk their first few days in combat than they would later. In a short period of time those who survived learned that minimizing risk was the key to survival.

It seems like a no brainer, but as young men new to the situation, they didn't truly realize that they could be killed. It didn't take long before they understood that they were in a situation that they would be lucky to survive.

After that they stopped taking unnecessary risks.

Same with domestic shooting situations. If you choose to engage the shooter, you better have a good plan that minimizes your risk or you're just going to die.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I recall reading in the book, "Band of Brothers". The surviving members of Easy Company said they they took much more risk their first few days in combat than they would later. In a short period of time those who survived learned that minimizing risk was the key to survival.

It seems like a no brainer, but as young men new to the situation, they didn't truly realize that they could be killed. It didn't take long before they understood that they were in a situation that they would be lucky to survive.

Same with domestic shooting situations. If you choose to engage the shooter, you better have a good plan that minimizes your risk or you're just going to die.

I could understand that with WWII soldiers. Most of those Germans had been fighting one war or another for generations. Like I have said before, none of these Mall or School shooters I can think of where North Hollywood Bank Robbers. All of them thought they where engaging unarmed kids and civilians and none of them I can remember put up any kind of fight when faced with Police Engagement. They either surrendered without engaging Police or shot themselves. They where not WWII soldiers in battle. The Good Plan is Man-up, seek cover for ambush because most seem to have tunnel vision and do the best you can. If you are a Concealed Carry Holder, you probably already have an advantage over a Socially Detached 21 year old who just bought his first AK. But to each his own.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

You just covered rule #1. Life isn't a fairytale.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How the average CCW holder views himself.

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

Last edited by callnum; 08/08/19.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
had some millennial kid who is son of family friends....

He thinks no one should have firearms... so like most liberals he thinks we should all stand there like the other victims.

with our dicks in our hands and our mouths open in shock, and wait our turn to get wasted....

its liberals who cause these types to go into places and start shooting people so he can get his 15 seconds of Andy Warhol fame
in his otherwise worthless useless existence....

ban fire arms of all types.. they are bad...

promote violent video games with all sorts of killing in them... those are good for society...

then blame Trump for all that goes wrong....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by callnum
How the average CCW holder views himself.

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

you need to substitute some fat ass, millennial who resides in mom's basement for the lower pic....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (338rcm, 1minute, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.