Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Using a large, typically crowded commercial building with wall to wall aisles of shelving, displays and merchandise like a Super Walmart as an example where a crazed shooter decides to start killing. The shooter could be anywhere inside the building when they start firing, --- standing right next to you, completely on the other side of the building, or anywhere in between.

Panicked crowds crying, screaming and running in all directions at the same time, all trying to get as far away as possible but uncertain where the sound of gunshots are coming from due to the chaos and loudness, echos and deflection by shelving, merchandise, etc.

Maybe there also could be other terrified ordinary gun carrying citizens with the same intentions of trying to put a stop to the shooter if they get a chance that one may encounter between you and were ever the crazed shooter is. Neither you nor they know for certain who or what the shooter looks like, how they are dressed, is at at any given moment, or, if there could be more than one crazed shooter.

Now plan from there...

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
El Paso footage shows shoppers 'running for their lives' but still lumbering their large filled shopping bags
and holding their coffees.

Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Yes but they would have to be dang careful they didn't get shot by LEO responding mistaking
them for the bad guy.

How many times have LE stopped short of taking down shooting spree perps by giving them more tham ample opportunity
to surrender? ...doesnt that put you in a similar boat?

Even where the perp has been slow to comply they have still taken them in without shots fired.

bUt if someone if fearful of what type of cops they might first encounter and don't want to roll the dice,
so be it.

AS far as the chances of being mistakenly shot by another brave Good citizen?, well after following this thread,
I'm beginning to figure chances would be rather slim. .. grin

If one don't like chances then don't out on the road tonight cause of the drink drivers.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That old man exudes more grit and fight than callnum or any of our other resident liberals.

It's been said, don't mess with an old dude, he'll take you out with his experience and treachery.

He WON'T be fighting fair...!

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by joken2

Using a large, typically crowded commercial building with wall to wall aisles of shelving, displays and merchandise like a Super Walmart as an example where a crazed shooter decides to start killing. The shooter could be anywhere inside the building when they start firing, --- standing right next to you, completely on the other side of the building, or anywhere in between.

Panicked crowds crying, screaming and running in all directions at the same time, all trying to get as far away as possible but uncertain where the sound of gunshots are coming from due to the chaos and loudness, echos and deflection by shelving, merchandise, etc.

Maybe there also could be other terrified ordinary gun carrying citizens with the same intentions of trying to put a stop to the shooter if they get a chance that one may encounter between you and were ever the crazed shooter is. Neither you nor they know for certain who or what the shooter looks like, how they are dressed, is at at any given moment, or, if there could be more than one crazed shooter.

Now plan from there...

The shooter will probably be the young skinny white boy wearing the black jacket with the AK doing the shooting. They usually stand out.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Now plan from there...

The shooter will probably be the young skinny white boy wearing the black jacket with the AK doing the shooting. They usually stand out.

Except when they aren't? Weapon types used in mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and August 2019

So it's not a good idea to ever wear black when carrying in public? ...

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Now plan from there...

Except when they aren't? Weapon types used in mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and August 2019

So it's not a good idea to ever wear black when carrying in public? ...

Not while carrying a long gun and firing in a crowd.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Sticky business, facing off with an AK armed idiot with full body armor when all you have is a carry pistol.

Running away, getting as far away as you can is recommended. Think I would do just that. If cornered, I’d try to shoot him in the back of the head while he was swapping mags. Tricky, depends on a lot of things, position, etc. No simple answer.

Hope I’m never in that situation.

DF

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think the Elpaso perp had body armor
and the Ohio perp in armor went down to LE handgun fire in short time seemingly without challenging LE
He appeared entirely intent/focused on pursuing the unarmed innocents running away from him....
at least that's how it looks on CCTV.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by callnum
How the average CCW holder views himself.

[Linked Image]

Reality

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by callnum
That’s me in the second pic, you dumb ass.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Bruce Willis is just an actor.

I’d be a lot more afraid of that old dude with the scattergun.

It looks kinda like a Mossberg.

Sour looking guy with an ugly gun. Beware. He’s already mad.

DF

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I agree DF but apparently callnum claims he’s the old man so I guess the joke is on me. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Starman

I can't believe you didn't just COPY and PASTE that entire article like you do all your post.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Where do I cut and paste all my written posts from ?

do you have such sources to prove your claim?

You and IVMiker should not struggle , bitter spent and irrelevant old men
should just follow the river of death where it takes them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Starman
Where do I cut and paste all my written posts from ?

do you have such sources to prove your claim?

You and IVMiker should not struggle , bitter spent and irrelevant old men
should just follow the river of death where it takes them.

If you don't mind me asking Snowflakeman, just how old are you. You seem to have an unhealthy fascination for old men. Seems to be all you talk about. I bet I'm not as old as you think and you're not as young as you think either. Let's see if you are capable of a simple answer to a simple question.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
if old man IVmiker was not hunching over the wheel and tailgating me so often on the CF ,

I would not be talking about lonely desperate insecure old men.

nOw I have you tailgating me..., enough said.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A guy tried to engage an active shooter that had an AK with a handgun in Tyler TX many years ago, but sadly he wasn’t successful.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_courthouse_shooting

A LEO with an AR riding on the hood of a car eventually took out the shooter.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
News says the Dayton shooter had body armor but he went down pretty easy. Is this yet another case of lying by the media?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
News says the Dayton shooter had body armor but he went down pretty easy. Is this yet another case of lying by the media?

P

Maybe they popped him in the grape.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I agree DF but apparently callnum claims he’s the old man so I guess the joke is on me. 😂

Sure it is.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (01Foreman400, 1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338Rules, 60 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,538
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.