Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
That must have been one crowded ship! All the people that had a ancestor on that ship.

Any here?

No idea if I have any ancestors that came over on the Mayflower, but regarding 'all the people' claiming to have had, doesn't really sound unreasonable to me at all. My own maternal grandmother had right at 70 direct blood descendants -- children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc., -- at the time of her death 40 years ago, not counting those born since. A few of her descendants had no direct blood children at all, some only one or two, with the most being eight (that lived).

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
They weren’t immigrants. They were colonists.

😊😉

Thats a relevant distinction that I have never thought of before.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
absolute cut and paste from their emails repeatedly gave exactly the same response

Often cutting and pasting will be an issue if one captures a leading or trailing empty space. Be sure there are no leading or trailing spaces before going to the enter key.

Gave it WAY more time and attempts than it deserved and did it very carefully... total waste of time... well aware of spaces, cases, and traces...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

😊😉

Get an Indian's viewpoint...

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Sitka deer

😊😉

wink

Colonization of "New World" along with mass immigration by peoples from other continents was eventually going to happen, regardless.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by Sitka deer

😊😉

wink

Colonization of "New World" along with mass immigration by peoples from other continents was eventually going to happen, regardless.

Absolutely, but one man's colonist is another's Viking...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I can trace my genealogy back 14 generations to Richard Warren—the 12th signature on the Mayflower Compact.
But the DNA stops with my great grandfather who was adopted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
That must have been one crowded ship! All the people that had a ancestor on that ship.

Any here?

Mom's family is related to the Shreves on her mother's father's side. The Shreve's intermingled with the Stantons in the early 1800's. The Stantons were related to William and Mary Brewster who were one of the original Plymouth Rock Wetbacks. The Stantons, btw, are the common link between us and the Bush family. There's about 14-15 generations there, but that's the nut of it.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The joke in my wife's family is that her Dad's side came over on the next boat after the Mayflower. But some of her Mom's side was there to greet both boats.

When you can get the last word with an echo, you may have the last word with your wife. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
If goose was the only meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians. - Lloyd Adams, waterfowl hunter
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 10 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.