Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Done right, yes:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Airsoft IPSC looks fun. The “real” IPSC is an expensive hobby.
It’s such a “game” that full house guns don’t even make sense.

Last edited by 16bore; 08/10/19.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I know diaper boy liked his Airsoft. :shudder:

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 16bore

Lots of people shoot USPSA with guns that are pretty much stock, primarily in the Production division. IPSC is the international version of the sport and is somewhat different. IDPA is almost completely stock guns.

I know some very good USPSA and IDPA shooters who practice with Airsoft guns.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ban it.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Lots of people shoot USPSA with guns that are pretty much stock, primarily in the Production division. IPSC is the international version of the sport and is somewhat different. IDPA is almost completely stock guns.

It was IPSC in the day and always will be. Why the USPSA thing started I don’t know. There were 2 classes when I first started and now a pile. I Don’t Practice Anymore is too commando for my tastes.

10 round 22 LR pistol games is where it shoulda gone in my opinion.

$5,000 comp guns are nuts.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ban it.

You hungover?😂

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
A bit!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by viking

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ban it.

You hungover?😂

That maybe he just forgot the sarcasm font.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

It was IPSC in the day and always will be. Why the USPSA thing started I don’t know. There were 2 classes when I first started and now a pile. I Don’t Practice Anymore is too commando for my tastes.

Some people do get carried away with equipment. But if they enjoy it and can afford to do so, who cares? I take a different approach and shoot a stock Glock 34.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Some people do get carried away with equipment. But if they enjoy it and can afford to do so, who cares? I take a different approach and shoot a stock Glock 34.

That’s one way to look at it, but the equipment race always sucked, especially in the 90’s. Granted that was ages ago. I had a buddy shooting a 17L in Major 9. And that’s when the power factor was 175.

Shooter ready....standby....(Duck!)

The rim height in a park is the same as the NBA. Balls the same too. For perspective.

The “joke” was “no matter how fast you think you’re shooting, you still ain’t shooting Open”

But yeah, you’ve got the right idea. G34 and a 5 gallon bucket of ammo and forget the rest.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Major 9 in a Glock at 175 power factor sounds a little scary to me. I have no interest in that. I just want to have some fun and keep my skills sharp with something fairly similar to my carry gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You ain’t kidding....

IPSC got crazy there for awhile. I remember when Jerry Barnhart won the Nationals with an optic and everyone went ape schit looking for Aimpoints. My buddy developed the C-More and you know the rest of that story. From what I’ve seen the stages get quite long and complicated these days.

I’ve been in and out of it several times and would love to play again with a set up like yours, but I’ve got busy kids these days.

When I get the bug I mess with steel plates and a 22LR top end on my 1911. Couple hundred rounds and ithe bug goes away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Question , will paintballers have the nerve and required judgement in a real world showdown with real bullets flying their way?

those two alleged paintballer skilled perps in Canada didn't seem ready and willing for a gunfight.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cover tactics maybe, shooting....doubtful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Their toys don't accurately simulate real weapons in feel or weight.
which is important for weapons handling.

although SIMs is only available to military, LE and accredited training providers,

another co. .UTM , do now make available a civilian version product called CTA
which you feed into your converted AR.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman
Their toys don't accurately simulate real weapons in feel or weight.
which is important for weapons handling.

although SIMs is only available to military, LE and accredited training providers,

another co. .UTM , do now make available a civilian version product called CTA
which you feed into your converted AR.

Watch the video.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have already, video says the little jap shoots better than most of LE & Mil guys,,
I guess that means its well time he explored his options and sent applications to all the gov contract
private security providers in the middle east and Afghanistan.

I wonder how many airsoft trained credential operatives they have on the books, any idea?

unfortunately the video does not tell us anything about us what his real world effective worth is in an actual gunfight.

a better shooter on paper does not necessarily mean you can count on him when it counts.

A weapons operator becomes good when the operating of the machine or following of the procedures alone
is not enough to produce a desired successful conclusion. A shooter worth his real world salt can be relied
on to demonstrate that he can deliver outside the luxury of non life threatening controlled circumstances range.

nObody knows if he is capable of proficiently switching to his sidearm when his primary jams
or if he will just fumble/panic when under the pressure of real bad guys will real bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’d rather be shot at by a cop, than a guy that shoots IPSC.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

That’s one way to look at it, but the equipment race always sucked, especially in the 90’s. Granted that was ages ago. I had a buddy shooting a 17L in Major 9. And that’s when the power factor was 175.

Shooter ready....standby....(Duck!)

The rim height in a park is the same as the NBA. Balls the same too. For perspective.

The “joke” was “no matter how fast you think you’re shooting, you still ain’t shooting Open”

But yeah, you’ve got the right idea. G34 and a 5 gallon bucket of ammo and forget the rest.

Good thing gamer nonsense doesn’t have anything to do with “real” duty guns....

[Linked Image]

Oh wait....

[Linked Image]

While it’s fashionable to bag on “gamers” and open class- without them we wouldn’t be using red dots, compensators, tricked out triggers, magwells, match barrels, or big sticks. We wouldn’t have a hundredth of the ability to place bullets accurately at extreme speed, wouldn’t have near the processing speed or ability, ability to “see”, decide, and plan on the fly, or come up with novel solutions to near the level we can now.

Those pictures are from 3 years ago. There are now quite a few legitimate users of STI 9mm double stack open guns as duty pistols. That makes sense. The gun that can be shot the most accurate and fastest should be carried and used. Half the people I work with carry concealed pistols with red dots, triggers, match barrels, magwells, and compensators.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,995
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.