-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no clue what you just said, it either sounds fun as [bleep] or your keyboard is sticking.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We were running some SOT-A guys through the shoot house one time, FOF with Sim rounds.

Their stack went through a 4 way intersection without clearing to the right side and one our guys stepped out behind them and dumped a whole mag of M9 Sim rounds into the trail guy from about 10 feet. All the shots were into the back of the thigh or butt.

He went to hollering and pushed the whole stack into the next room. I watched that and about fell over I was laughing so hard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Q./
Would an airsoft background have turned the Parkland Broward deputies into responders willing to engage?

veteran of two wars and famous hunter WDM Bell, repeatedly dry-fired his rifle when walking many miles each day,
He said it was beneficial with helping stay familiar and conditioned with your weapon, but I dont recall him writing that
it was responsible for giving him the mental nerve /cool head needed to pursue and brain charging elephants from just
a few yards or less away. He attributed white hunters getting killed by game largely to their inability to maintain their nerve...
others words,.. marksmanship typically goes out the window when you lose your schitt.

there was a guy [on another forum] showing everyone how fast and good he was killing cardboard dangerous game
with his SxS rifle, he lauded how he could put 4 shots in 4 seconds in the kill zone..!
unfortunately for him some PHs tuned-in to say that what recreational hunters can do on paper too often translates
very differently in the field.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman
Q./
Would an airsoft background have turned the Parkland Broward deputies into responders willing to engage?

veteran of two wars and famous hunter WDM Bell, repeatedly dry-fired his rifle when walking many miles each day,
He said it was beneficial with helping stay familiar and conditioned with your weapon, but I dont recall him writing that
it was responsible for giving him the mental nerve /cool head needed to pursue and brain charging elephants from just
a few yards or less away. He attributed white hunters getting killed by game largely to their inability to maintain their nerve...
others words,.. marksmanship typically goes out the window when you lose your schitt.

there was a guy [on another forum] showing everyone how fast and good he was killing cardboard dangerous game
with his SxS rifle, he lauded how he could put 4 shots in 4 seconds in the kill zone..!
unfortunately for him some PHs tuned-in to say that what recreational hunters can do on paper too often translates
very differently in the field.

Do you want that Japanese Airsofter shooting at you?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don't you answer my airsoft/ Broward deputies question?

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Is he even willing and capable of engaging in real world exchange of fire?

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Why don't you answer my airsoft/ Broward deputies question?

Nice Red Herring.

It's already been covered here:

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Good thing gamer nonsense doesn’t have anything to do with “real” duty guns....

[Linked Image]

Oh wait....

[Linked Image]

While it’s fashionable to bag on “gamers” and open class- without them we wouldn’t be using red dots, compensators, tricked out triggers, magwells, match barrels, or big sticks. We wouldn’t have a hundredth of the ability to place bullets accurately at extreme speed, wouldn’t have near the processing speed or ability, ability to “see”, decide, and plan on the fly, or come up with novel solutions to near the level we can now.

Those pictures are from 3 years ago. There are now quite a few legitimate users of STI 9mm double stack open guns as duty pistols. That makes sense. The gun that can be shot the most accurate and fastest should be carried and used. Half the people I work with carry concealed pistols with red dots, triggers, match barrels, magwells, and compensators.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's already been covered here:

The little Jap has been in a real gunfight where people were really trying to kill him?

again; would airsoft have given Broward deputies the required willingness to engage the perp?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by dodgefan
We were running some SOT-A guys through the shoot house one time, FOF with Sim rounds.

Their stack went through a 4 way intersection without clearing to the right side and one our guys stepped out behind them and dumped a whole mag of M9 Sim rounds into the trail guy from about 10 feet. All the shots were into the back of the thigh or butt.

He went to hollering and pushed the whole stack into the next room. I watched that and about fell over I was laughing so hard.

That would suck.......
Fugging welts from em ache bad
I took a 5.56 on the inner flat of my right shin.
That schitt sucked for 2 days.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by renegade50

That would suck.......

Yeah it welted him up pretty good, but he learned a valuable lesson about 360 degree security. Pus all the hooting and hollering as he tried to et the stack to move into the room was funny as hell.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

That would suck.......

Yeah it welted him up pretty good, but he learned a valuable lesson about 360 degree security. Pus all the hooting and hollering as he tried to et the stack to move into the room was funny as hell.

Beatings will continue
Until the standard is met.

Hahahaha!!!!

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The little Jap has been in a real gunfight where people were really trying to kill him?

again; would airsoft have given Broward deputies the required willingness to engage the perp?

They are two separate things. One is drive, one is skill. To consistently have exceptional outcomes requires both. Competition, including airsoft, is a skill component and done correctly can be a conditioning component under stress. But it is half the coin. Does working on a track make someone Usain Bolt? No, but you can not be Usain Bolt without the track training.

Sometimes pure anger without skill can work, often it ends horribly. People who hide while inocents are being harmed are cowards, and that has nothing to do with skill at arms.

Yes, I can take airsoft alone and create significant emotional experiences that condition and drive a person to do whatever I want them to do under stress.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They are two separate things. One is drive, one is skill. To consistently have exceptional outcomes requires both. ..

I agree and have said nothing to the contrary.

... People who hide while inocents are being harmed are cowards, and that has nothing to do with skill at arms.

I believe that's my point...Airsoft may well not translate to being mentally able/willing to engage.

With the example of the little Jap., we don't really what he's got as a package.

Yes, I can take airsoft alone and create significant emotional experiences that condition and drive a person to do whatever
I want them to do under stress.

with regards to randomly pulling the average/typical airsofter out ,
what would you trust then as being capable of at that point?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
starfish continues to waffle like the fat girl that couldn't catch the bouquet. Please enlighten us as to the experience that would cause you to contest Formi's hard won reality.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL...Im not contesting Formidilosus.

IVmiker...are you sober?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys that shoot under pressure know how to shoot under pressure. Obviously rounds coming back would be a higher level of pressure. Never had that problem.

But understanding present tense shooting and knowing you ain’t gonna miss is a warm and fuzzy.

Anyone that’s shot IPSC enough can tell you where every shot went.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

I believe that's my point...Airsoft may well not translate to being mentally able/willing to engage.

There is “nothing” by itself that translates to mentally being willing to engage. It is a choice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
starfish continues to waffle like the fat girl that couldn't catch the bouquet. Please enlighten us as to the experience that would cause you to contest Formi's hard won reality.

mike r

I'm just waiting on him to relate all of his tactical training, as well as his experience in confronting and dealing with armed individuals.

I imagine we'll be here for awhile, holding our breath....

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Standing in the open firing a pistol real fast gets you killed while standing around in the open shooting a pistol real fast. That's the problem. You're gonna do what you did while training. Don't train for bad tactics. That's why I including hauling ass outta there after the shooting part of the drill. Standing and fighting or advancing solo ain't happening for the average fella if he plans to survive.

Any hunters considering a need for training up for home defense, run some drills with your rabbit or grouse gun. Learning you're already fast and deadly just putting birdshot in faces calms it down a bit. Which is good because dedicating a lot of time to tactical training for the average fella is mall ninja nonsense anyhow. Too much focus on guns and not the majority of what goes on.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.