Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by ChuckKY
If nothing else, this thread revealed that most people would be better served not to Conceal Carry, the added weight of the firearm and ammunition if loaded would only slow them down while running in the other direction.

Might add too that the bad guys almost always have the option to draw first blood. They can have gun (knife, club, bomb, etc.,?) already in hand, finger on trigger, whereas innocent legit concealed carry citizens can't and especially not in public facilities. Bystanders not initially put down literally only have maybe a few seconds tops to try to assess the situation, focus on their options, and decide if, how, and when to react.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think the only thing worse than being in the situation where you had to use your sidearm in a crowded chaotic venue would be being there without your sidearm....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
If nothing else, this thread revealed that most people would be better served not to Conceal Carry, the added weight of the firearm and ammunition if loaded would only slow them down while running in the other direction.

My first responsibility is to my family. I carry to protect them not the sheeple around me. I’m not Rambo.

If you see yourself differently that’s fine just make sure your levels of life insurance are appropriate. Keep an attorney on retainer as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 basic responses to ultimate stress, fight or flight.

As others have noted it depends highly upon my situation at the time, me and granddaughter in the store alone, I’ve got to get her to safety somehow, in care of another adult I.e. but if grandma is with us, you two go that way fast as hell.

I’ve lived a very good full life, anything I get after this is just a bonus.

Past performance is no indicator of future results, but typically it’s the best we have to determine such.

I got involved in some hairy situations in my misspent youth, some gunplay etc. as an adult I’ve done the same to a degree through guiding mainly. We were so far away from anything you quickly realize you are 911 🤷🏻‍♂️ Going into the alder tangles looking for a wounded Bruin as the light is fading is not for the faint of heart.

Right off the bat, I’m no hero, have no illusions about such.

But I can’t rightly recall a situation where most smart folks would be headed the other way while I was headed towards the soup. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Every situation is different, every time is different. Who knows you might find me balled up in my own pizz pool in the above situation.

But I pray to my maker, if my family or other innocents are found in harms way that he give me the courage to act accordingly.

Doesn’t matter to me whether killed by the perp or LEO, no time to think about that stuff and dead Is dead anyway. If I never made a hit, I’d like to think I could buy some extra time for those seeking safety by engaging a mad man. Either causing him to look for cover or by engaging me, to give folks time to flee or LEO to arrive on scene.

I don’t know what I’d do, but I’d pray the good lord give me the courage, whether successful to neutralize the perp or just buy time, that my wife knew she spent the better part of her adult life sleeping by a man, a man with too many faults to list here, but a man nonetheless.

Cliche indeed, but dear lord give me the courage when I might make a difference.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Does anyone remember the incident in which a street cop fired his pistol at an attacker from about 90 yards and hit the sucker in the head. Maybe 5 or so years ago and he was hailed as a hero. It may have been a mounted officer and a knife or sword armed sucker in a big NE city or across the pond.

And he shot one handed. He was holding his horses reins with the other hand.

Yep, this^^^

That shot was Heavenly sent.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by efw

My first responsibility is to my family. I carry to protect them not the sheeple around me. I’m not Rambo.

If you see yourself differently that’s fine just make sure your levels of life insurance are appropriate. Keep an attorney on retainer as well.

I don't go to the Mall or everywhere my family does in public, maybe you do. My wife and family doesn't Conceal Carry, maybe yours does. If I'm not there, I would hope someone steps up and try to help and not everyone is running the other direction. I'll take care of the small stuff after everything else is over if everything comes out in my favor if the situation ever arises. Hope your family isn't the "sheeple"around everyone else if you're not there taking care of your "first responsibility". If you see yourself differently that’s fine just make sure your levels of life insurance are appropriate, and you have accepted the fate that no one else should intervene for someone's else family should you not be there with them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He COULD have wiped out skid row in most any major city and drove home for lunch before the police got there.

But he didn't.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't two Texas cops armed with handguns, stop a pair of wannabe Jihadists w/rifles, at some art festival a few years ago?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,818
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.