Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hope this SOB doesn't see daylight for 40 years. A drunk driver near here ran into the back of a car stopped at a construction red light. The father is in critical condition with a broken neck and 3 little girls are dead. A woman with them was flown to a Boise hospital. Her condition hasn't been reported.

Drunk driving: the victimless crime:

BELLEVUE — A Fairfield man was arrested on two counts of felony aggravated driving under the influence and three counts of felony vehicular manslaughter after a crash that killed three young girls and injured two adults, Blaine County authorities said Monday.

Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the crash at 1:19 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 20 at mile marker 173, east of Hot Springs Landing.

Deputies found a 1995 Dodge pickup in the roadway with extensive front end damage, a statement from the sheriff’s office says. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Matthew Richard Park, 46, of Fairfield.

Park had rear-ended a 2000 Dodge Neon driven by Somchai Ray Lee Lurak, 26, of Mountain Home. Lurak’s car had been stopped at a temporary traffic signal for an Idaho Transportation Department bridge construction project, the statement said.

Lurak and Emma Weigand, 26, also of Mountain Home, were injured in the crash. Lurak is listed in critical condition at a local hospital. Weigand was taken to St. Luke’s Wood River, then transferred to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise.

Three girls in car seats in the back of Lurak’s car all died in the crash, the sheriff’s office said.

The Ada County Coroner’s Office identified one of three siblings as Drayka E. Rayshell, 3, of Mountain Home. She was flown to St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center in Boise, where she died at 7:16 a.m., a statement from Coroner Dotti Owens said. The statement said the girl’s two siblings were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.

The other girls were ages 6 and 5, the sheriff’s office said.

The family of the children posted a GoFundMe, saying the girls’ father suffered a broken neck. The account had raised more than $15,000 in donations by Monday afternoon.

Police gave Park field sobriety tests and arrested at the scene, the sheriff’s statement says.

Park was arraigned in Blaine County court Monday afternoon, and he remains in custody at the Blaine County Detention Center on $400,000 bond.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus........The field sobriety test should of concluded with a head stomping until he stopped quivering.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Lot of Dodge drivers think others should.

PTL, those girls are in the Lords hold. He had their place ready for them. If it weren't so...

I pity those poor parents the road they are on.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
40 years is light, unless he's nearly killed everyday. Then, it still is.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several members of the 'fire will be along shortly to regale us with tales of how they can drive just as well when they have been drinking as they can sober.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
quick, let's outlaw alcohol....oh wait that was already tried and worked so well.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
PTL my ass, if anything God should of kept that family out of harms way.

He sure has a wicked sense of humor allowing kids to be killed like this

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD

He deserves a trial, followed by a prompt hanging.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A dozen beers in 13 hours,??

He's full of shît

I can drink a dozen in about 2 hours...easily. But I wouldn't take a chance with driving. Because no matter what, even if some blind as a bat 90 yr old fugg that left the eye clinic crashed me, I'd get the field sobriety test and the blame.

That mofo probably about 36 beers or way more. And that's easily doable too.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I am a Bible thumpin' born-again fanatic. I agree with your sentiments, but not your verbiage. The Bible does say he laughs at our calamities. Most Christians disregard hard Scriptures or gloss over Them.

It breaks my heart to know those kids will never grow up and have families of their own.

As far as a trial, if there were three sober and sane people at the scene who identified the drunk driver they should be authorized to shoot him right there.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No worries. There will be a defense atty spouting off about how it wouldn't have happened if the other vehicle wasnt there. And that his client had a rough upbringing and none of this is really his fault

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This kind of thing under lines the need for DUI laws with real teeth. DUI's in the USA only pad the pockets of lawyers and the perps are given a slap on the wrist over and over til they kill someone then get a slap on the wrist with a ruler.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that's a hard read

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a shame. A donation doesn't hurt:

Donation Site

[Linked Image]

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

He deserves a trial, followed by a prompt hanging.

But that never happens.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If I was the cop there I would have stuck his head in the back of that car and make him see what he did. If you can't kill him, give him life with no chance of parole.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
quick, let's outlaw alcohol....oh wait that was already tried and worked so well.

It worked as good as it could in a world of drunks. Seems designated drivers haven't worked out so well, though, either. Might be we should give a designated shooter a try.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Life is full of choices and consequences. Choose wisely. I feel for the family, i can't fathom what they are going through. We're not promised tomorrow so live your life wisely.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

You're ass is the only thing you know much about, it would seem, since you keep your head there.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

You're ass is the only thing you know much about, it would seem, since you keep your head there.

F off, tired of hearing how it’s God’s way when a kid is killed or dies of cancer.

You want god to pray for something good? How about praying that all the vets who lost a limb grow back a new one.
Drop me a message when you see your prayers work on that.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,463 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,430
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.