Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It gave the Feds something to charge this scumbag with.
https://610wtvn.iheart.com/content/...ooter-body-armor-facing-federal-charges/

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
With recreational use legalized in 9 states, there will eventually be a test case with the discrepancy between some states and federal law.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 08/14/19.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If they have to use harmless plants to put someone away they need to do a better job

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Make it a major crime. 25 to life..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
If they have to use harmless plants to put someone away they need to do a better job

Haha!

Seems like it.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's Not6 a Harmless plane. We will likely loose a generation of people or more to it's use. If it can be used medicinally then fine but not for recreation. It will lead to hard drug use and we have the evidence to prove it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
With recreational use legalized in 9 states, there will eventually be a test case with the discrepancy between some states and federal law.

10th Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

State laws should prevail under the constitution. It doesn't give the feds any authority at all to control drugs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
No. Reverse correlation. Lots of losers in this generation who also happen to use pot. Its also not a gateway drug. Anyone who uses drugs started somewhere and its usually the cheapest most common one.

Lots of people scared of a plant. I am Too busy worrying about schit that's worth worrying about.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Heroin comes from plants too.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
No. Reverse correlation. Lots of losers in this generation who also happen to use pot. Its also not a gateway drug. Anyone who uses drugs started somewhere and its usually the cheapest most common one.

Lots of people scared of a plant. I am Too busy worrying about schit that's worth worrying about.

I would agree with you on it not being a gateway drug but then we'd both be wrong.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

No it doesn't. Opium does. Opium, from poppy seeds, contains several opioid compounds, including morphine and codeine. Morphine is extracted from opium using diluted acid. Reacting morphine with other acids creates heroin. Essentially, heroin is morphine with a small chemical compound added to it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well then i Guess we should lie about it to scare them. Its ok when the left denies reality about guns right??

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by edapp
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.

That's a good point but I do believe that kids are smarter than that to understand that hard drugs are just that: hard on your body and hard to impossible to stop once use quickly becomes abuse. Back in the day when drugs were made illegal, I have heard that pot was lumped into the same category as the really hard drugs so the blacks would not use it as they often had or wanted sex with white women when they did. That seems far fetched but I believe there is more truth to it than not.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
How about we stop using government to make other people do what we want. Thats kinda the point. Do dumb stuff have consequences. Be free to do dumb stuff but...no one saves you

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"That's a good point but I do believe that kids are smarter than that to understand that hard drugs are just that"

They're not that smart but learned long ago that pot wasn't isn't as harmful as alcohol and nicotine. Pot also isn't addictive like alcohol and nicotine. I have Grandkids in high school. Do you? The local high schools have regular visits from local drug dealers all the time. The dealers can't come on school property so they just park nearby and let the kids come to them. The local cops and the school administrators are aware of the dealers. The female Principal at my Grandson's high school has instructed the kids to report any kids they see talking to one of the known drug dealers. The kids that get reported are suspended from school but nothing happens to the drug dealers.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Until your son/daughter or grandchild gets popped with a little bit...

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

No it doesn't. Opium does. Opium, from poppy seeds, contains several opioid compounds, including morphine and codeine. Morphine is extracted from opium using diluted acid. Reacting morphine with other acids creates heroin. Essentially, heroin is morphine with a small chemical compound added to it.

Double talk. So heroin is made from morphine that is extracted from opium that comes from poppy seeds that come from a plant but heroin doesn't come from a plant. Are you related to Bill Clinton.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
as far as pot being a gateway drug ,all i know is ,in the 1970's and 80's ,everyone of my cousins and my wifes cousins and my friends in high school ,and in the Army , who went to heroin and pills .Everyone of them started with pot first, i know ,because they told me so ,or i abeserved it as it was happining

Last edited by rem shooter; 08/14/19.

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Until your son/daughter or grandchild gets popped with a little bit...

that would be THEIR problem. All my children are adults

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,154
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.