Home
It gave the Feds something to charge this scumbag with.
https://610wtvn.iheart.com/content/...ooter-body-armor-facing-federal-charges/
With recreational use legalized in 9 states, there will eventually be a test case with the discrepancy between some states and federal law.
If they have to use harmless plants to put someone away they need to do a better job
Make it a major crime. 25 to life..
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
If they have to use harmless plants to put someone away they need to do a better job

Haha!

Seems like it.
It's Not6 a Harmless plane. We will likely loose a generation of people or more to it's use. If it can be used medicinally then fine but not for recreation. It will lead to hard drug use and we have the evidence to prove it.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
With recreational use legalized in 9 states, there will eventually be a test case with the discrepancy between some states and federal law.

10th Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

State laws should prevail under the constitution. It doesn't give the feds any authority at all to control drugs.
No. Reverse correlation. Lots of losers in this generation who also happen to use pot. Its also not a gateway drug. Anyone who uses drugs started somewhere and its usually the cheapest most common one.

Lots of people scared of a plant. I am Too busy worrying about schit that's worth worrying about.
Heroin comes from plants too.
No. Reverse correlation. Lots of losers in this generation who also happen to use pot. Its also not a gateway drug. Anyone who uses drugs started somewhere and its usually the cheapest most common one.

Lots of people scared of a plant. I am Too busy worrying about schit that's worth worrying about.

I would agree with you on it not being a gateway drug but then we'd both be wrong.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

No it doesn't. Opium does. Opium, from poppy seeds, contains several opioid compounds, including morphine and codeine. Morphine is extracted from opium using diluted acid. Reacting morphine with other acids creates heroin. Essentially, heroin is morphine with a small chemical compound added to it.
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.
Well then i Guess we should lie about it to scare them. Its ok when the left denies reality about guns right??
Originally Posted by edapp
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.

That's a good point but I do believe that kids are smarter than that to understand that hard drugs are just that: hard on your body and hard to impossible to stop once use quickly becomes abuse. Back in the day when drugs were made illegal, I have heard that pot was lumped into the same category as the really hard drugs so the blacks would not use it as they often had or wanted sex with white women when they did. That seems far fetched but I believe there is more truth to it than not.
How about we stop using government to make other people do what we want. Thats kinda the point. Do dumb stuff have consequences. Be free to do dumb stuff but...no one saves you
"That's a good point but I do believe that kids are smarter than that to understand that hard drugs are just that"

They're not that smart but learned long ago that pot wasn't isn't as harmful as alcohol and nicotine. Pot also isn't addictive like alcohol and nicotine. I have Grandkids in high school. Do you? The local high schools have regular visits from local drug dealers all the time. The dealers can't come on school property so they just park nearby and let the kids come to them. The local cops and the school administrators are aware of the dealers. The female Principal at my Grandson's high school has instructed the kids to report any kids they see talking to one of the known drug dealers. The kids that get reported are suspended from school but nothing happens to the drug dealers.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Until your son/daughter or grandchild gets popped with a little bit...
Originally Posted by RickyD

No it doesn't. Opium does. Opium, from poppy seeds, contains several opioid compounds, including morphine and codeine. Morphine is extracted from opium using diluted acid. Reacting morphine with other acids creates heroin. Essentially, heroin is morphine with a small chemical compound added to it.

Double talk. So heroin is made from morphine that is extracted from opium that comes from poppy seeds that come from a plant but heroin doesn't come from a plant. Are you related to Bill Clinton.
as far as pot being a gateway drug ,all i know is ,in the 1970's and 80's ,everyone of my cousins and my wifes cousins and my friends in high school ,and in the Army , who went to heroin and pills .Everyone of them started with pot first, i know ,because they told me so ,or i abeserved it as it was happining
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

that would be THEIR problem. All my children are adults

So what you're saying is that Heroin does indeed come from plants, just with a few added steps in it's manufacture/processing.
I would be willing to bet they started with alcohol.
Because people are plenty stupid right out of the box and there are already enough stupidity enhancers legally available....
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I'm fine with that.....
https://www.drugpolicy.org/sites/default/files/DebunkingGatewayMyth_NY_0.pdf

Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

So what you're saying is that Heroin does indeed come from plants, just with a few added steps in it's manufacture/processing.

Heroin is diacetylmorphine , it is morphine from plants condensed with acetic anhydride too form a "protective bridge". The bridge slows the main detox route, and also makes the molecule less polar allowing it to cross the blood brain barrier, thus the euphoria. Basically the same idea as the difference between mescaline and methamphetamine.
I have to say I am relieved to see one more pot thread.

Finally, people's minds will be changed once and for all and we can put this subject to bed.
Large portion of the DEA budget comes strings attached to the enforcement of weed law. If weed becomes ok they loose the money for "other' drug enforcement
As a side note, just noticed a field a few miles from the house that had been planted in "Industrial Hemp" per the signage on the road side.

Looked a lot like regular pot and plants were spaced about 2-3 feet apart.

I thought fiber hemp was planted really close together for long tall plants. Maybe seed for oil and meal?

Wasn't fenced so I wonder how they keep the deer out of it.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Finally, people's minds will be changed once and for all and we can put this subject to bed.

It will never be put to bed.

From a pharmacological point of view.

opioid alkaloids, and derivatives used have a wider margin of safety than almost any other drug

biggest plus, even if weed is "addicting (what ever the hell that means") the side effect profile, and toxicity profile compared to alcohol abuse is nonexistent (fat,dumb, and lazy) vs. (alcohol psychosis and liver tox.)
Heavy pot use dulls any kind of motivation to better your self.I used to think of it as a harmless way to get high,but have several friends who use it heavy and they can`t get off the couch to do anything worth while.Pot use does not stop alcohol use ,but usually is used in conjunction with it.So while using both you can be nasty & stupid from the booze and doubly stupid from the pot.I can get high from living.Do not need any artificial stimulants to have a good time.
sar·casm /ˈsärˌkazəm/ noun: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Did I really need to add this? wink
Originally Posted by Huntz
Heavy pot use dulls any kind of motivation to better your self.I used to think of it as a harmless way to get high,but have several friends who use it heavy and they can`t get off the couch to do anything worth while.Pot use does not stop alcohol use ,but usually is used in conjunction with it.So while using both you can be nasty & stupid from the booze and doubly stupid from the pot.I can get high from living.Do not need any artificial stimulants to have a good time.

no one is saying cross over use isn't going to occur, or they won't do something worthwhile (what ever the hell that means). The point is-- the use of weed, will cost taxpayers significantly less because the medical/health problems are less with weed, so the social/welfare structure doesn't need more funding.

lots of people choose not to use drugs, for a variety of reasons, its no more righter or wronger. One of the reasons it cant be put to bed. To many people putting a "moral" poster up.
sar·casm /ˈsärˌkazəm/ noun: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Did I really need to add this? wink

Hard to tell on this site.
We should all be elated government laws and intervention has made drug problems better, fewer addicts, less crime, creates jobs, and saves money.
Originally Posted by 700LH
We should all be elated government laws and intervention has made drug problems better, fewer addicts, less crime, creates jobs, and saves money.

now thats sarcasm

So does alcohol, cotton, orange juice, paper and firewood. Your point?
Originally Posted by Etoh

biggest plus, even if weed is "addicting (what ever the hell that means") the side effect profile, and toxicity profile compared to alcohol abuse is nonexistent (fat,dumb, and lazy) vs. (alcohol psychosis and liver tox.)
Pot is harmless compared to water too. So what?

Actually, pot use has a very high risk for psychosis.
Originally Posted by rainshot
It's Not6 a Harmless plane. We will likely loose a generation of people or more to it's use. If it can be used medicinally then fine but not for recreation. It will lead to hard drug use and we have the evidence to prove it.

you got this info from Joe Friday?
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Not possible to establish a link, because the psychosis may be underlying. Could say, if you had a lot more clinical support, that weed may precipitate some psychosis.

But then on the other hand you would have to do a side study, to see if people with psychosis were actually helped.

Not possible to establish a link, because the psychosis may be underlying. Could say, if you had a lot more clinical support, that weed may precipitate some psychosis.
I think the odds of pot causing psychosis are pretty darn high and pretty well-established. After all, 2 effects of pot intoxication are also symptomatic of psychosis - paranoia and burn out.

You should watch a documentary called "Murder Mountain". It's about the dope growing industry of Northern California.

The title is rather sensationalized, but it does take a pretty good look at the pot industry and the people involved in it,

If you can watch that and still say pot is harmless to people and their mental acuity I'd say your powers of observation need work.

I grew up in that country and saw what effect pot had on quite a few teenagers, you'll never convince me that it's a good thing to legalize or make socially acceptable.
Wait a sec......so this guy bought the rifle and lied on his form? Or what?
No they are not established. Also meta-analysis, survival analysis, and clinical trials are not an "odds" thingie. you cant define burn out, or psychosis, one only defines attributes of a condition. those attributes define 50% of the population already.

define pot intoxication is it something, like physiological, like dilated pupils, like increased heart rate, or like 50 ppm or 10mcg/ddl blood?

define burn out- is it like working a 60 hour week, or dealing with an alcoholic relative?
Originally Posted by UPhiker

See the post above mine that I was responding to, it inferred that pot was harmless because it comes from a plant. My point is that just because something comes from a plant doesn’t mean that it’s harmless. Ricin comes from a plant also, does that mean it’s harmless?
Originally Posted by dodgefan

You should watch a documentary called "Murder Mountain". It's about the dope growing industry of Northern California.

The title is rather sensationalized, but it does take a pretty good look at the pot industry and the people involved in it,

If you can watch that and still say pot is harmless to people I'd say your powers of observation need work.

I grew up in that country and saw what effect pot had on quite a few teenagers, you'll never convince me that it's a good thing to legalize or make socially acceptable.

you are conglomerating a large number of sociological conditions, economic etc. and saying weed is the causative factor,,, One can also say just as accurately that it was the illegality that caused the problems not the weed

if you can say there is a direct correlation, id say your logical reasoning needs worked on.

See the post above mine that I was responding to, it inferred that pot was harmless because it comes from a plant. My point is that just because something comes from a plant doesn’t mean that it’s harmless. Ricin comes from a plant also, does that mean it’s harmless?

yes thats true and its the same argument used against guns. Guns kill people. No guns are inanimate so are plants, people kill people, people use plants etc.
Originally Posted by rem shooter
as far as pot being a gateway drug ,all i know is ,in the 1970's and 80's ,everyone of my cousins and my wifes cousins and my friends in high school ,and in the Army , who went to heroin and pills .Everyone of them started with pot first, i know ,because they told me so ,or i abeserved it as it was happining

Did they perhaps drink alcohol before they ever tried pot?

Engage in any other risky behavior?

Geno

I truly lolol’d.....I was thinking the same thing Jim.

Once the alcoholics wake up and begin to post we’ll get a lot of pushback on the legalization question. 😂
If you grew up around a fair amount of people from early childhood as I did and watched what happened to the ones who smoked a lot of pot as they progressed from grammar school on up I'm pretty sure you'd say it had an effect on their mental acuity.

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers and government workers.

I literally went to school with some of these kids from kindergarten to high school. My senior class started the school year with something like 15 students and 9 graduated. Guess what the ones who didn't graduate liked to do a lot. Yep that's right smoke a lot of pot.

I also lived next door to a family with 4 kids who were all heavy pot smokers by the time they got to high school and you could see a distinct difference between the oldest and youngest mentally. I was a year younger then the youngest kid.

I'm not saying smoking the occasional joint will make you a retard, but if you use pot heavily enough over a long enough period it will definitely mess you up. I think it really has an effect on the younger kids.
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month. Pot is not going anywhere and I’ll bet you Trump will legalize it federally as his re-election platform.
Originally Posted by Steve
As a side note, just noticed a field a few miles from the house that had been planted in "Industrial Hemp" per the signage on the road side.

Looked a lot like regular pot and plants were spaced about 2-3 feet apart.

I thought fiber hemp was planted really close together for long tall plants. Maybe seed for oil and meal?

Wasn't fenced so I wonder how they keep the deer out of it.

Did it look like this Steve?

Near Merril OR:

[Linked Image]

I, for one, am glad to see industrial hemp growing again.

Geno
"Why Pot Should Remain Illegal at Federal Level"
It gives the Feds the right to deny your right to own a gun even in States that it is legal. So If I passed down my shotgun to my son that smoked pot at some time they could kick his door down and confiscate it ? Question 11.e of ATF Form 4473. What if a pot smoker in Colorado lies on the form and buys a firearm? Think about it.
If you grew up around a fair amount of people from early childhood as I did and watched what happened to the ones who smoked a lot of pot as they progressed from grammar school on up I'm pretty sure you'd say it had an effect on their mental acuity.

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers government workers.

I literally went to school with some of these kids from kindergarten to high school. My senior class started the school year with something like 15 students and 9 graduated. Guess what the ones who didn't graduate liked to do a lot. Yep that's right smoke a lot of pot.

I also lived next door to a family with 4 kids who were all heavy pot smokers by the time they got to high school and you could see a distinct difference between the oldest and youngest mentally. I was a year younger then the youngest kid.

I'm not saying smoking the occasional joint will make you a retard, but if you use pot heavily enough over a long enough period it will definitely mess you up. I think it really has an effect on the younger kids.

It has a bad effect on kids in the 15-16 year old range , couple that with Over the top video games. Those that do not believe it Google it yourselves.

Look at JeffO for example that should be all you need to know about POT.
The rich kids that smoked it continued through life with their silver spoon, the poor kids ending up using their spoon to cook herion.
Originally Posted by 16bore
The rich kids that smoked it continued through life with their silver spoon, the poor kids ending up using their spoon to cook herion.

And the rich kids end up using the poor kids spoon after they're injured playing tennis, polo, football (take your pick) and become addicted to overprescribed opioids which are cut off after they're healed.

We've never seen that, have we.

Would their be an "opioid" crisis in this country if it was only poor kids dying of oxy/heroin/fentanyl overdoses?

Geno
Pot, booze, heroin all reduce your physical and mental capabilities. The more that you use, the greater the affect. To make the conscious decision to lower your personal potential is the result of a less than fully developed mind, common in young people. I find it sad that our society has failed to educate its' members enough to make good decisions.

History has proven that attempting to legislate morality or common sense doesn't work.

mike r
Murder Mountain is actually a pretty good show, lot of history about the "Emerald Triangle'. A peek into a outlaw dope growing community and covers some of the problems with how California is going about legalizing it pot.

It's mostly about a murder out in the Alderpoint area, but bounces around quite a bit. Personally I had no idea there were so many people that just flat out disappeared up that area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_Mountain_(TV_series)

yes thats true and its the same argument used against guns. Guns kill people. No guns are inanimate so are plants, people kill people, people use plants etc.

You seem to be reading something into my statement that isn't there. I'm not arguing against the legalization of pot, in fact the libertarian in me says it's not the government's business what someone wants to put in their body. I definitely think pot has medical uses, when my mother way dying of cancer I had several doctors tell me pot would help her symptoms, she never tried it though.

I don't buy the argument that it's harmless because it comes from a plant, nor do I think that something should be outlawed just because it can be harmful.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers government workers.

It has a bad effect on kids in the 15-16 year old range , couple that with Over the top video games. Those that do not believe it Google it yourselves.

Look at JeffO for example that should be all you need to know about POT.

Pot takes a toll on any young person using it until they turn around 25. After that the brain is fully developed, but if pot was used previously, you have to live with the damaged caused by it.

Yep,and cocaine,and warfarin,and hemlock,and curare.
Originally Posted by Toddly
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month. Pot is not going anywhere and I’ll bet you Trump will legalize it federally as his re-election platform.

I hope youre right. Then take the pot of money that would go to fight marijuana use and put it toward the damn border wall. Id vote for Kellory to be the job superintendent.
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

peanuts too.

them things will right out kill a child.

Had to outlaw them in school cafeterias I heard.

Geno

If we can get Leupold worked into the thread we will be all set for a major resolution day here on the Fire.
Then we can finally get to Chevy or Ford then on to finance or cash.
6.5 Creedmoor.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

If we can get Leupold worked into the thread we will be all set for a major resolution day here on the Fire.
Then we can finally get to Chevy or Ford then on to finance or cash.

I think you left out evolution, global warming and a few other items.

Wool or synthetic too.

Geno
Oxy should be banned.

Here’s my proposal. Take the meth heads, crack heads, herion junkies, coke heads.....etc, and step them down to weed.

Or is that like saying my Tikka is as good as a custom?
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month.

That is interesting to hear.......I was under the impression that the FEDs were going to have to pass the so called "states act" before pot companies got access to the banking system.....that is just from following the pot stocks on wall street.

I also think that legalization is nigh on inevitable. There is too much money for the government to get their hands on at stake. Here in Georgia, I noticed a carton of Marlboros ON SALE for $65. I commented to the sales lady and she said cigs were cheaper here than in a lot of other states a carton cost $100 in Washington State where the lady was from. .....the bulk of which is taxes. I think federal and state govts are planning to do the same with pot.....legalize and tax hell out of it. Then of course they will get serious about cracking down on illegal growers.

Another sign its coming is Altria and Constellation brands paying crazy high prices for pieces of as of now unprofitable Canadian pot companies........Cronos and Canopy respectively. The people running those companies are well connected and certainly not stupid. They wanted a foot in the door bad.....and I don't think they have only the Canadian market in mind.

Agree with you on it not being a gateway drug! It all comes down whether that individual has an addictive personality. Seen it time and time again.

Milk was my gateway drug to beer.

He may decriminalize it Federally, but don't think he can legalize it nation wide...that's the states call, like drinking age.

But I could be wrong.

Are you high?

Geezus......... do you know how to spell?

You don’t have s h it to prove that..... might as well lump alcohol, tobacco and caffeine into to your evidence.

F u c k tard
Originally Posted by Valsdad

peanuts too.

Geno

Damn I love peanut butter!!!!! Got hooked on it when I was a yonker!!! Sometimes I just has me a PB&J sammich for supper at night! Sometimes two! Hell! Think I’ll make me one now!!!
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Milk was my gateway drug to beer.

Hell now I’m back on the milk! Real hard! Im an addict!! Love me a big cold glass! Goes good with my PB&J!!!
I like peanut butter. Sometimes just off the spoon.

Wife thinks I am nuts!

Ba dum tiss......
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

peanuts too.

Geno

Damn I love peanut butter!!!!! Got hooked on it when I was a yonker!!! Sometimes I just has me a PB&J sammich for supper at night! Sometimes two! Hell! Think I’ll make me one now!!!

wachu smokin' in that Kaywoodie, kaywoodie, that give ya sucha case a tha munchies?

Geno
Brutha’s I jez High on Life!!!!!
Saying mary jane should remain illegal sure triggers the potheads don't it? wink
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Saying mary jane should remain illegal sure triggers the potheads don't it? wink

I can neither confirm or deny that I "inhaled". grin

Geno
Now that I am off the PCP and Bath Saltz....an ice cold glass of milk..and PBJ is a real treat.

Grape jelly or crab apple.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Now that I am off the PCP and Bath Saltz....an ice cold glass of milk..and PBJ is a real treat.

Strawberry you barbarian. And butter. Lots of butter.
As long as it’s nutbutter!!

Milk in my official Davy Crockett glass!!!!
Jeeze..

Never thought about strawberry. Probably all that heroin I used to take made me forget.

Grandpa uses butter.

There are some things even a terrible glutton like me wont do.....

Doin’ grape right now Big Jim. But I got me a fresh jar of mayhaw to open up later!!! Loves me some mayhaw jelly!!!

Strawberry you barbarian. And butter. Lots of butter.

sick, just sick,

PB sucks, looks like baby poo.

Unfortunately for me, it's not 1955 so I can't tell my wife a jar of that stuff will never cross my threshold.

Now, a cream cheese and jelly sammi is the tits!

Geno

PS, Orange marmalade, apricot, berry, strawberry and the very best was Welch's Whole Grape Preserves, which unfortunately were discontinued years ago.
Its fun to say mayhaw.

We cant get that up here.

We get CRAPapple....as young Daniel says.

Thats fun to say as well.
" Orange marmalade”

Greg’s lil sister????
Geno...I had a friend that liked butter, peanut butter, and mayonnaise sandwiches.

The whole family loved them.

Cream cheese and jelly? Hmmm.....
They should keep it illegal as a tool to use against the criminal class. Put them in jail and toss the key.
Geno...I had a friend that liked butter, peanut butter, and mayonnaise sandwiches.

Mmmmm. Cream cheese with anything is good!

+1 for grape jelly.
I believe the last two pages of this thread has proved the OP’s point.
What about cream cheese shrimp dip?

That stuff is very good. Club crackers for the win.
“We get CRAPapple....as young Daniel says.”

Hilarious!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
no stems no seeds that you don't need

Peanut butter, bacon and miracle whip makes an incredible sandwich.
Peanut butter, balogna, and miracle whip makes an incredible sandwich as well.
Peanut butter, bologna, miracle whip, and jelly makes a heavenly sandwich.

Cream cheese and jelly on a bagel is pretty badass.
Jeeze..

Never thought about strawberry. Probably all that heroin I used to take made me forget.

Grandpa uses butter.

There are some things even a terrible glutton like me wont do.....

Butter can and should go on damn near everything.
To me, a bagel is the most disappointing and depressing doughnut on earth!
I prefer peanut butter on a bagel.

Its the only thing I have ever tried on a bagel....besides nothing.
I’ve seen alcohol ruin way more people than marijuana ever has.
I forgot.

I will make bagel pizzas sometimes.

Edam cheese, garlic bread sprinkle, sauce and pepperoni.

Kosher pepperoni of course......
That’s a given, Jim!

😋

Yep, friend's family put butter on EVERY type of sammich, even ham or roast beef. With mayo, ketchup, mustard, didn't matter, if it was a sammich it had butter. Yuck

Cream cheese and jellly might be a back east thing, at least it was when I was growing up. Shocked me that a coupla gals in one of my high school classes saw me eating one an knew what it was. They were both from NY too.

Geno

Peanut butter, bacon and miracle whip makes an incredible sandwich.
Peanut butter, balogna, and miracle whip makes an incredible sandwich as well.
Peanut butter, bologna, miracle whip, and jelly makes a heavenly sandwich.

Cream cheese and jelly on a bagel is pretty badass.

You are sicker than I thought. There is likely no Salvation for anyone who uses Miracle Whip..........................on anything.

The miracle is anyone spends good money on Miracle Whip.

I don't think even your buddy Clark/Dave/Travis can save you. Father Vinnie too...............even if you provide him with 72 virgins.

Geno
As long as it’s nutbutter!!

Milk in my official Davy Crockett glass!!!!

No Davey Crockett glass, but I got me one of these that gets used most every day:

[Linked Image]

Geno

bagels are another form of manna from heaven when they're made correctly

brought to us directly from above by .....................................................Joos!

Geno

PREZACTLY!

I don’t do bagels. Give me a chocolate covered donut any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

brought to us directly from above by .....................................................Joos!

Geno

Correctamundo and a Panera bagel is not a phugging Bagel FWIW
Originally Posted by slumlord

you got this info from Joe Friday?

Dying...

Just the facts, ma’am.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Geno

Correctamundo and a Panera bagel is not a phugging Bagel FWIW

Neither are the ones in the Safeway stores out here.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) is ever out on the NW Coast of California, check these out. The bagels are great....................but you may have to fight off a pot smoker or six.

https://www.losbagels.com/

Geno
I worked many many years as a paramedic. Trust me, cigarettes and booze kill a thousand times more people than pot does. Not hyperbole, a thousand times!
Marijuana should have been legal 40 years ago. What a waste of the criminal justice system.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I worked many many years as a paramedic. Trust me, cigarettes and booze kill a thousand times more people than pot does. Not hyperbole, a thousand times!
Marijuana should have been legal 40 years ago. What a waste of the criminal justice system.

Yeah, but it brought in a lot of money and helped necessitate the building of prisons and decent paying jobs.

Not to mention asset seizures.

Geno
I’m sure some here will be surprised and chagrined at what is considered the most “harmful” drug.

https://quillette.com/2019/08/12/rationalizing-modern-drug-prejudices/
Peanut butter, mayo, and banana sandwich.
Peanut Butter and Bacon Sandwich with Karo Syrup on it is damn good! 🤠
Karo Syrup! Talk about poison!!!! 😝😝😝
Karo Syrup! Talk about poison!!!! 😝😝😝

😳😬😁 Gotta go someways 🤠
I’m shocked at the number here that don’t believe in freedom.

Yes, you are spot on. This is why the much-vaunted DARE program actually has a NEGATIVE correlation with drug use among young adults. And why my kids were the first ones in 6 years in their schools to not be signed up for DARE (much, much consternation ensued.....).
lol a lot of guys here could bropably
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I’m sure some here will be surprised and chagrined at what is considered the most “harmful” drug.

https://quillette.com/2019/08/12/rationalizing-modern-drug-prejudices/

interesting, i always figured mushrooms were the least likely to cause any harm or problems.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Living in one of those 9 states, I can tell ya, I haven't seen a darned thing positive about them legalizing it...

but I have sure seen a lot of further drug related BS happening since they legalized it...

such as in the last 6 weeks, we have had for the first time...

several drive by shootings...

twice drug user/transients from out of state have stabbed and killed another drug using out of state transient.

some local idiot getting arrested by the State Police grabbed and officers gun, and managed to wing two troopers before he got his ass wasted....

yeah, dope is just a harmless drug.....ain't it....

Thank you edapp. That's right, kids believe the BS they hear from the government about how bad pot is, then they smoke pot, they realize they have been lied to, and next you know they are on the oxycontin or heroin. NEVER lie to a kid they will never trust you again.

As for talk of pot causing violence, no, it is the opposite. I smoked pot for ten years. Yes, started at age 19 and smoked till age 29 or so.
And in that time, I got a 4 year college degree, lettered 3 years in soccer, worked construction full time in summer to pay for school, and spent three years after graduation working construction full time.
I would smoke a joint some times at the end of the day, maybe three times a week. Pot never made me violent, nor did it make my buddies violent. Made me want to lay around and listen to music and eat ice cream. Also, some girls I knew liked to smoke pot, it made for some fun in the bedroom I can assure you of that.
I bet a lot of the people who are virulently antiweed have drinking problems and want to pretend that they are better than pot smokers, just because their choice is now legal.
Didn't making alcohol illegal also cause a lot more violence?
Originally Posted by ironbender
I’m shocked at the number here that don’t believe in freedom.
For real.
Like those damn Chinese. Wonderful, saintly, libertarian British & European merchants brought them opium at prices nearly any man could afford and what did those unappreciative Chinese do? They started killing the merchants! Damn those heathens!
As for talk of pot causing violence, no, it is the opposite. I smoked pot for ten years. Yes, started at age 19 and smoked till age 29 or so.
And in that time, I got a 4 year college degree, lettered 3 years in soccer, worked construction full time in summer to pay for school, and spent three years after graduation working construction full time.
I would smoke a joint some times at the end of the day, maybe three times a week. Pot never made me violent, nor did it make my buddies violent. Made me want to lay around and listen to music and eat ice cream. Also, some girls I knew liked to smoke pot, it made for some fun in the bedroom I can assure you of that.
What's that? A sample of 3?
Buddy, you have not met my college roommates. I almost had to slam one's head against a doorknob after he attacked me. Out of the 5 of us, I'm the only one that graduated. 3 of them ended up doing jail time, one for attempted murder (the one that didn't drink).
You are asserting that pot made your roomates violent? No, my friend, that wasn't the pot. Maybe the boys were smoking some meth, I heard that is some nasty stuff makes guys crazy.
Meth was not around much then. I would have known if they were smoking it. They would have shared.
It was the pot. They probably had better pot than you or smoked more of it.
Originally Posted by RJY66
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month.

That is interesting to hear.......I was under the impression that the FEDs were going to have to pass the so called "states act" before pot companies got access to the banking system.....that is just from following the pot stocks on wall street.

I also think that legalization is nigh on inevitable. There is too much money for the government to get their hands on at stake. Here in Georgia, I noticed a carton of Marlboros ON SALE for $65. I commented to the sales lady and she said cigs were cheaper here than in a lot of other states a carton cost $100 in Washington State where the lady was from. .....the bulk of which is taxes. I think federal and state govts are planning to do the same with pot.....legalize and tax hell out of it. Then of course they will get serious about cracking down on illegal growers.

Another sign its coming is Altria and Constellation brands paying crazy high prices for pieces of as of now unprofitable Canadian pot companies........Cronos and Canopy respectively. The people running those companies are well connected and certainly not stupid. They wanted a foot in the door bad.....and I don't think they have only the Canadian market in mind.

I also think it’s inevitable. This very large bank took us on without hesitation after my brief discussion with them. Before this we were getting paid in cash and paying with cash. Someone higher up knows something and is comfortable insuring our money federally. We are now also getting paid with checks instead of cash. This means the processors and dispensaries are also now getting bank accounts. Much safer and easier now out here in the Canna world.

Thank you edapp. That's right, kids believe the BS they hear from the government about how bad pot is, then they smoke pot, they realize they have been lied to, and next you know they are on the oxycontin or heroin. NEVER lie to a kid they will never trust you again.

speaking of girl friends.

With the invention of the birth control pill the crime rate took a nose dive. Was it caused by criminals spending more time in the bedroom or were there just less criminals being made.

with the invention of phenothiazine tranquilizers the number of schizo taking up hospital beds decreased

SSRI, SSNI, both helped lower the number of psychiatrists moving into the health care field.

more folks are being treated on an out patient basis by NP, nurses,

people prone to violent behavior regardless of their recreational preferences has increased, without increases on the medical side.
Meth was not around much then. I would have known if they were smoking it. They would have shared.

Yes it was, meth was invented by the Japs prior to WWII, and used by both them and the Germans all through the war.

Meth was being made by the ton in San Fran. (and many other places) using aldehyde condensation, mixed with LSD and heroin during the 50s, 60s etc.

you ran with a violent group
Originally Posted by RJY66

I also think it’s inevitable. This very large bank took us on without hesitation after my brief discussion with them. Before this we were getting paid in cash and paying with cash. Someone higher up knows something and is comfortable insuring our money federally. We are now also getting paid with checks instead of cash. This means the processors and dispensaries are also now getting bank accounts. Much safer and easier now out here in the Canna world.

Bigger player here are the liquor companies, who have a lot of money to loose if any kind of "rational" decisions are made on canabinoid pharmacology
Etoh now don't be adding facts to the one-off anecdotes here. Heads might explode
Etoh now don't be adding facts to the one-off anecdotes here. Heads might explode

Yes, the plural of anecdote is not data

Lot to be said for the saying, "when your talking to druggies your talking to the drug, not the person", expand this to "when your talking to people on chemicals, your talking to the chemical" that also includes prescription drugs, alcohol, etc.

this does not exempt them from laws, excuse their behavior. "the drug made me do it" mentality

Ancedotal incidents don’t prove anything one way or the other.

Meth has been around for a long time, but in the 70’s was referred to as crystal, rather than meth as it’s more commonly come to be known.

Again small sample size, but my crew never felt like rumbling after smoking a bunch of pot, we were headed to the store for munchies.

Now alcohol ? We were ready to rumble.

Pot may indeed make some folks violent, but I’d wager it’d be a small amount, compared to say alcohol. Even driving, don’t believe you’ll find anywhere near the number of fatalities from smoking pot vs. alcohol.

So for all you guys wanting to keep society safe from drugs, are you wanting to go back to prohibition of alcohol to limit harm ?
Government pot laws have worked out about as well as Alcohol prohibition did, yet with continued propaganda folks still support them..
What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver at a stop sign?

The drunk blasts through it at 80 mph and smashes into a mini-van, killing all 6 kids inside.

The stoned driver sits at the stop sign for half an hour waiting for it to turn green...
Pot is the only thing that keeps the jiggabbos halfway tolerable.

Take away the pot, they're gonna double up on the Hennessy. Then it'll be "Katy bar the door" sure 'nuff.
Who wants to buy ocean front property in Arizona?

[Linked Image]

Or

The Man Who Sold the Eiffel Tower. Twice.
“Count” Victor Lustig was America’s greatest con man. But what was his true identity?

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...wer-twice-180958370/#C7IPLI9J5FzwbG6m.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/man-who-sold-eiffel-tower-twice-180958370/

Silly rabbit Trix are for kids,,,
laffin
What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned driver at a stop sign?

The drunk blasts through it at 80 mph and smashes into a mini-van, killing all 6 kids inside.

The stoned driver sits at the stop sign for half an hour waiting for it to turn green...

unless its a 4 lane, the stoned driver puts it in reverse and slowly backs up, the car in the adjacent lane thinks there moving forward, freaks and slams on the brakes.

Yes, the plural of anecdote is not data

Lot to be said for the saying, "when your talking to druggies your talking to the drug, not the person", expand this to "when your talking to people on chemicals, your talking to the chemical" that also includes prescription drugs, alcohol, etc.

this does not exempt them from laws, excuse their behavior. "the drug made me do it" mentality

An observation made when I was attending Al-Anon after marrying (and finally divorcing) an alcoholic.

"Alcohol is only 15% of the problem. Take away the alcohol and you still have 85% a**hole."

Drugs work kinda the same way.
Today's pot ain't your daddy's reefer.
Let me know when you find a pot smoker that has a car without any dents in it from running into things. You will see auto accidents go up exponentially. I'm not saying they'll be fatal but you'll see a lot more. There just isn't any need for pot to be legalized for recreational use. You just think we have a lot coming across the border now, wait till you legalize it.
Drunk drivers slalom through the barrels they put up in construction zones at 90mph.

Stoned drivers go 5mph on the shoulder with their flashers on.
Originally Posted by poboy
Today's pot ain't your daddy's reefer.

are you referring to the THC content.?
Yes.
Let me know when you find a pot smoker that has a car without any dents in it from running into things. You will see auto accidents go up exponentially. I'm not saying they'll be fatal but you'll see a lot more. There just isn't any need for pot to be legalized for recreational use. You just think we have a lot coming across the border now, wait till you legalize it.

Nope, legalization will keep the money home.

show me a woman who has a car, and Ill show you a dent.
Half the leading lights in this town smoke weed.

Life goes on.
THC concentration depends on the growing envoirment, If its the same, the levels will be. The pot today isn't any better than it was 1000 years ago, if as good, when 1001 Arabian nights were written.

Maybe you went to University before 1968 when this was released? I'd guess the song was written before that too, given composition time, rehearsals, and gigs before the album was cut:

Listen to the lyrics, not much has changed.
"Saw things in the winda
heard things at the doe
Her mouth was like a grindin' mill
Her lips were cracked and sore
Her skin was turnin' yella"

Geno

Maybe you went to University before 1968 when this was released? I'd guess the song was written before that too, given composition time, rehearsals, and gigs before the album was cut:
I'm pretty familiar with what the drug scene was at the time in my place. Meth was not commonly available. Believe me, my roomies were moving kilos and some coke, but no meth. There were a lot of things commonly available, but at the time, heroin and meth were not two of them.
Supplies of illicit drugs tend to move in waves. Heroin has been available in an off/on pattern for generations. Even pot would get dry around the holidays. Quaaludes were very common at the end end of the '70s, early 80s. Seen many of those lately?
To say something was common in the '60s doesn't say [bleep] about the '80s.

I know what the roomies were doing, it wasn't speed.
Personally, I think we should legalize all drugs, but legalize the killing of dealers too.

I'm pretty familiar with what the drug scene was at the time in my place. Meth was not commonly available. Believe me, my roomies were moving kilos and some coke, but no meth. There were a lot of things commonly available, but at the time, heroin and meth were not two of them.
Supplies of illicit drugs tend to move in waves. Heroin has been available in an off/on pattern for generations. Even pot would get dry around the holidays. Quaaludes were very common at the end end of the '70s, early 80s. Seen many of those lately?
To say something was common in the '60s doesn't say [bleep] about the '80s.

I know what the roomies were doing, it wasn't speed.

You don't think the coke might have had more to do with their violent tendencies than the pot?

And, if you were aware of what your roommates were up to, did you do anything to stop them?

Geno
This is a great line! Thanks.

the plural of anecdote is not data
Cactus and fungus
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Cactus and fungus

Hey man, it's like ......... organic.

Geno
I’m Pancho Villa!

[Linked Image]

And I approve of legalized pot!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

Lophora williamsii, cactus makes mescaline

Clavaceps purpurea ergot fungus that makes lysergic acid.
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

mushrooms are the fruit of fungus.
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

oh that pilosibin one, same basic indole nucleus as lsd, serotonin, melatonin, wonder if its got anything to do with similar evolutionary pathways.
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

oh that pilosibin one, same basic indole nucleus as lsd, serotonin, melatonin, wonder if its got anything to do with similar evolutionary pathways.

But, that would require "evolution" and that's not a settled issue around here............................yet. Maybe when they get to 100 pages.

Geno
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

and Echinopsis pachanoi, san pedro cactus which is legal but also has mesaline.

Where do you get this stuff from? Do you make it up as you go along?
1. Just because weed would be legal, doesn't mean that you can drive a car while under the influence. Just like alcohol is legal but you can't drive drunk. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Do you think that people don't drive now because it's illegal? I can see the thought process "I'll smoke some illegal weed but I won't drive after because it's illegal".
2. If it's legalized, it won't have to be brought over the border and sold on street corners. It'll be grown on weed farms and sold at the local tobacco shop or liquor store. If it's legalized, there goes the profit motive for the cartels.
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

and Echinopsis pachanoi, san pedro cactus which is legal but also has mesaline.

and mescaline shares the same basic structure as human epinephrine and norepy. but keep that quiet.
I've known judges, doctors, lawyers and lots of business owners, even cops who smoke weed on occasion. i myself don't but i have no problem with other people who do do.
[Linked Image]
Why is it ok to give kids and adults "Anti depressants" all the while weed is illegal ?
Originally Posted by jimy
Why is it ok to give kids and adults "Anti depressants" all the while weed is illegal ?

Boy are you confused.

Got nothing to do with the kids

they get anti depressants and Ritalin so their mom doesn't kill em.
Originally Posted by jimy

weed is an anti depressant?
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Take away the pot, they're gonna double up on the Hennessy. Then it'll be "Katy bar the door" sure 'nuff.

You make me laugh!! That right there is funny.
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Bristoe

You make me laugh!! That right there is funny.

He aint wrong.

Its the gospel music for the new generation.
Around here you would sub (methheads) for jiggaboos, keystones for Hennessey and Crystal for Kate!
If somebody wants to smoke a doob, it doesn't affect me at all. Pot should be legal. Period.

Freedom of choice, liberty and personal responsibility.

Change the topic from pot to alcohol and it's the same argument as it was during prohibition.

If you don't like gettin' high, don't get high.

But do not stop someone else from doing it. They may like it. And like drinking, do it responsibly. i.e. stay off the road.

The caveat of living in a free country is putting up with chit you do not like. Ask any anti-gunner.

I guess there are a few here who want the govn't to rule our lives. As long as it fits "their" vision of "our" society.

It’s definitely not your grandfathers weed. As mentioned the THC levels have gone up through the years. 10-12% was the average in the 70’s, now it’s pushing 35% THC. We consistently grow 27% THC weed but THC level is not really the marker people use to measure the strength. The turpene profile is what is mainly used to distinguish what medical use each strain is best for. As a non smoker I took a hit of some of the stuff we grow, and I was paralyzed for about an hour. I’d rather have a drink. But to daily smokers it’s just “normal”. I don’t think I’d want someone driving on it, but it can’t be worse than driving drunk.

It’s definitely not your grandfathers weed. As mentioned the THC levels have gone up through the years. 10-12% was the average in the 70’s, now it’s pushing 35% THC. We consistently grow 27% THC weed but THC level is not really the marker people use to measure the strength. The turpene profile is what is mainly used to distinguish what medical use each strain is best for. As a non smoker I took a hit of some of the stuff we grow, and I was paralyzed for about an hour. I’d rather have a drink. But to daily smokers it’s just “normal”. I don’t think I’d want someone driving on it, but it can’t be worse than driving drunk.

The terpene profile is a marketing technique. Based on the same concept as aromatic oils. There is no need to run clinical trials when the "medical" uses are defined in that manner. Having it "approved by the FDA" for such and such is a whole different matter. THC content and chemical analytical analysis in general took great strides from the 70s and "wet" chemistry techniques.
the THC grown in the 70s can be ever bit as strong, I did graduate work in a Pharmacognosy Lab. , when 50% of all medicines were plant extracts.

Medical use and indications will be determined by the THC, and its isomers (such as Marinol). Terpenes are oils, and THC is an alcohol. Terpenes can cause lipoid pneumonia, THC is not without its "side-effect" profile either. Which can include neuropsychiatric,hemodynamic,seizure,paradoxical nausea etc.
© 24hourcampfire