Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by rainshot
Let me know when you find a pot smoker that has a car without any dents in it from running into things. You will see auto accidents go up exponentially. I'm not saying they'll be fatal but you'll see a lot more. There just isn't any need for pot to be legalized for recreational use. You just think we have a lot coming across the border now, wait till you legalize it.

Where do you get this stuff from? Do you make it up as you go along?
1. Just because weed would be legal, doesn't mean that you can drive a car while under the influence. Just like alcohol is legal but you can't drive drunk. Breaking the law is breaking the law. Do you think that people don't drive now because it's illegal? I can see the thought process "I'll smoke some illegal weed but I won't drive after because it's illegal".
2. If it's legalized, it won't have to be brought over the border and sold on street corners. It'll be grown on weed farms and sold at the local tobacco shop or liquor store. If it's legalized, there goes the profit motive for the cartels.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Cactus and fungus

no lets not forget those

Lophora williamsii, cactus makes mescaline

Clavaceps purpurea ergot fungus that makes lysergic acid.

and Echinopsis pachanoi, san pedro cactus which is legal but also has mesaline.

and mescaline shares the same basic structure as human epinephrine and norepy. but keep that quiet.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've known judges, doctors, lawyers and lots of business owners, even cops who smoke weed on occasion. i myself don't but i have no problem with other people who do do.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why is it ok to give kids and adults "Anti depressants" all the while weed is illegal ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jimy
Why is it ok to give kids and adults "Anti depressants" all the while weed is illegal ?

Boy are you confused.

Got nothing to do with the kids

they get anti depressants and Ritalin so their mom doesn't kill em.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jimy

weed is an anti depressant?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Pot is the only thing that keeps the jiggabbos halfway tolerable.

Take away the pot, they're gonna double up on the Hennessy. Then it'll be "Katy bar the door" sure 'nuff.

You make me laugh!! That right there is funny.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Pot is the only thing that keeps the jiggabbos halfway tolerable.

Take away the pot, they're gonna double up on the Hennessy. Then it'll be "Katy bar the door" sure 'nuff.

You make me laugh!! That right there is funny.

He aint wrong.

Its the gospel music for the new generation.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Around here you would sub (methheads) for jiggaboos, keystones for Hennessey and Crystal for Kate!

Last edited by Heym06; 08/15/19.
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
If somebody wants to smoke a doob, it doesn't affect me at all. Pot should be legal. Period.

Freedom of choice, liberty and personal responsibility.

Change the topic from pot to alcohol and it's the same argument as it was during prohibition.

If you don't like gettin' high, don't get high.

But do not stop someone else from doing it. They may like it. And like drinking, do it responsibly. i.e. stay off the road.

The caveat of living in a free country is putting up with chit you do not like. Ask any anti-gunner.

I guess there are a few here who want the govn't to rule our lives. As long as it fits "their" vision of "our" society.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 08/15/19.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s definitely not your grandfathers weed. As mentioned the THC levels have gone up through the years. 10-12% was the average in the 70’s, now it’s pushing 35% THC. We consistently grow 27% THC weed but THC level is not really the marker people use to measure the strength. The turpene profile is what is mainly used to distinguish what medical use each strain is best for. As a non smoker I took a hit of some of the stuff we grow, and I was paralyzed for about an hour. I’d rather have a drink. But to daily smokers it’s just “normal”. I don’t think I’d want someone driving on it, but it can’t be worse than driving drunk.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by edapp
I think the biggest reason it might be a gateway drug is because it is lumped in with drugs much more severe.

Kids hear it in the same sentence with heroin and meth. DONT DO IT! IT WILL KILL YOU! Then they smoke pot for the first time and realize it is less intoxicating than alcohol.... they probably assume people were exaggerating about the hard drugs as well.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Toddly
It’s definitely not your grandfathers weed. As mentioned the THC levels have gone up through the years. 10-12% was the average in the 70’s, now it’s pushing 35% THC. We consistently grow 27% THC weed but THC level is not really the marker people use to measure the strength. The turpene profile is what is mainly used to distinguish what medical use each strain is best for. As a non smoker I took a hit of some of the stuff we grow, and I was paralyzed for about an hour. I’d rather have a drink. But to daily smokers it’s just “normal”. I don’t think I’d want someone driving on it, but it can’t be worse than driving drunk.

The terpene profile is a marketing technique. Based on the same concept as aromatic oils. There is no need to run clinical trials when the "medical" uses are defined in that manner. Having it "approved by the FDA" for such and such is a whole different matter. THC content and chemical analytical analysis in general took great strides from the 70s and "wet" chemistry techniques.
the THC grown in the 70s can be ever bit as strong, I did graduate work in a Pharmacognosy Lab. , when 50% of all medicines were plant extracts.

Medical use and indications will be determined by the THC, and its isomers (such as Marinol). Terpenes are oils, and THC is an alcohol. Terpenes can cause lipoid pneumonia, THC is not without its "side-effect" profile either. Which can include neuropsychiatric,hemodynamic,seizure,paradoxical nausea etc.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,083
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.