Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by Tyrone

biggest plus, even if weed is "addicting (what ever the hell that means") the side effect profile, and toxicity profile compared to alcohol abuse is nonexistent (fat,dumb, and lazy) vs. (alcohol psychosis and liver tox.)
Pot is harmless compared to water too. So what?

Actually, pot use has a very high risk for psychosis.
Not possible to establish a link, because the psychosis may be underlying. Could say, if you had a lot more clinical support, that weed may precipitate some psychosis.
I think the odds of pot causing psychosis are pretty darn high and pretty well-established. After all, 2 effects of pot intoxication are also symptomatic of psychosis - paranoia and burn out.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
If they have to use harmless plants to put someone away they need to do a better job

You should watch a documentary called "Murder Mountain". It's about the dope growing industry of Northern California.

The title is rather sensationalized, but it does take a pretty good look at the pot industry and the people involved in it,

If you can watch that and still say pot is harmless to people and their mental acuity I'd say your powers of observation need work.

I grew up in that country and saw what effect pot had on quite a few teenagers, you'll never convince me that it's a good thing to legalize or make socially acceptable.

Last edited by dodgefan; 08/14/19. Reason: Clarification
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wait a sec......so this guy bought the rifle and lied on his form? Or what?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No they are not established. Also meta-analysis, survival analysis, and clinical trials are not an "odds" thingie. you cant define burn out, or psychosis, one only defines attributes of a condition. those attributes define 50% of the population already.

define pot intoxication is it something, like physiological, like dilated pupils, like increased heart rate, or like 50 ppm or 10mcg/ddl blood?

define burn out- is it like working a 60 hour week, or dealing with an alcoholic relative?

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Heroin comes from plants too.

So does alcohol, cotton, orange juice, paper and firewood. Your point?

See the post above mine that I was responding to, it inferred that pot was harmless because it comes from a plant. My point is that just because something comes from a plant doesn’t mean that it’s harmless. Ricin comes from a plant also, does that mean it’s harmless?

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
If they have to use harmless plants to put someone away they need to do a better job

You should watch a documentary called "Murder Mountain". It's about the dope growing industry of Northern California.

The title is rather sensationalized, but it does take a pretty good look at the pot industry and the people involved in it,

If you can watch that and still say pot is harmless to people I'd say your powers of observation need work.

I grew up in that country and saw what effect pot had on quite a few teenagers, you'll never convince me that it's a good thing to legalize or make socially acceptable.

you are conglomerating a large number of sociological conditions, economic etc. and saying weed is the causative factor,,, One can also say just as accurately that it was the illegality that caused the problems not the weed

if you can say there is a direct correlation, id say your logical reasoning needs worked on.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

See the post above mine that I was responding to, it inferred that pot was harmless because it comes from a plant. My point is that just because something comes from a plant doesn’t mean that it’s harmless. Ricin comes from a plant also, does that mean it’s harmless?

yes thats true and its the same argument used against guns. Guns kill people. No guns are inanimate so are plants, people kill people, people use plants etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem shooter
as far as pot being a gateway drug ,all i know is ,in the 1970's and 80's ,everyone of my cousins and my wifes cousins and my friends in high school ,and in the Army , who went to heroin and pills .Everyone of them started with pot first, i know ,because they told me so ,or i abeserved it as it was happining

Did they perhaps drink alcohol before they ever tried pot?

Engage in any other risky behavior?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have to say I am relieved to see one more pot thread.

Finally, people's minds will be changed once and for all and we can put this subject to bed.

I truly lolol’d.....I was thinking the same thing Jim.

Once the alcoholics wake up and begin to post we’ll get a lot of pushback on the legalization question. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you grew up around a fair amount of people from early childhood as I did and watched what happened to the ones who smoked a lot of pot as they progressed from grammar school on up I'm pretty sure you'd say it had an effect on their mental acuity.

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers and government workers.

I literally went to school with some of these kids from kindergarten to high school. My senior class started the school year with something like 15 students and 9 graduated. Guess what the ones who didn't graduate liked to do a lot. Yep that's right smoke a lot of pot.

I also lived next door to a family with 4 kids who were all heavy pot smokers by the time they got to high school and you could see a distinct difference between the oldest and youngest mentally. I was a year younger then the youngest kid.

I'm not saying smoking the occasional joint will make you a retard, but if you use pot heavily enough over a long enough period it will definitely mess you up. I think it really has an effect on the younger kids.

Last edited by dodgefan; 08/14/19.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am an owner of a cultivation company that just finally got an FDIC bank account this month. Pot is not going anywhere and I’ll bet you Trump will legalize it federally as his re-election platform.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
As a side note, just noticed a field a few miles from the house that had been planted in "Industrial Hemp" per the signage on the road side.

Looked a lot like regular pot and plants were spaced about 2-3 feet apart.

I thought fiber hemp was planted really close together for long tall plants. Maybe seed for oil and meal?

Wasn't fenced so I wonder how they keep the deer out of it.

Did it look like this Steve?

Near Merril OR:

[Linked Image]

I, for one, am glad to see industrial hemp growing again.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
"Why Pot Should Remain Illegal at Federal Level"
It gives the Feds the right to deny your right to own a gun even in States that it is legal. So If I passed down my shotgun to my son that smoked pot at some time they could kick his door down and confiscate it ? Question 11.e of ATF Form 4473. What if a pot smoker in Colorado lies on the form and buys a firearm? Think about it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If you grew up around a fair amount of people from early childhood as I did and watched what happened to the ones who smoked a lot of pot as they progressed from grammar school on up I'm pretty sure you'd say it had an effect on their mental acuity.

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers government workers.

I literally went to school with some of these kids from kindergarten to high school. My senior class started the school year with something like 15 students and 9 graduated. Guess what the ones who didn't graduate liked to do a lot. Yep that's right smoke a lot of pot.

I also lived next door to a family with 4 kids who were all heavy pot smokers by the time they got to high school and you could see a distinct difference between the oldest and youngest mentally. I was a year younger then the youngest kid.

I'm not saying smoking the occasional joint will make you a retard, but if you use pot heavily enough over a long enough period it will definitely mess you up. I think it really has an effect on the younger kids.

It has a bad effect on kids in the 15-16 year old range , couple that with Over the top video games. Those that do not believe it Google it yourselves.

Look at JeffO for example that should be all you need to know about POT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The rich kids that smoked it continued through life with their silver spoon, the poor kids ending up using their spoon to cook herion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
The rich kids that smoked it continued through life with their silver spoon, the poor kids ending up using their spoon to cook herion.

And the rich kids end up using the poor kids spoon after they're injured playing tennis, polo, football (take your pick) and become addicted to overprescribed opioids which are cut off after they're healed.

We've never seen that, have we.

Would their be an "opioid" crisis in this country if it was only poor kids dying of oxy/heroin/fentanyl overdoses?

Geno

In it is contentment

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Pot, booze, heroin all reduce your physical and mental capabilities. The more that you use, the greater the affect. To make the conscious decision to lower your personal potential is the result of a less than fully developed mind, common in young people. I find it sad that our society has failed to educate its' members enough to make good decisions.

History has proven that attempting to legislate morality or common sense doesn't work.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Murder Mountain is actually a pretty good show, lot of history about the "Emerald Triangle'. A peek into a outlaw dope growing community and covers some of the problems with how California is going about legalizing it pot.

It's mostly about a murder out in the Alderpoint area, but bounces around quite a bit. Personally I had no idea there were so many people that just flat out disappeared up that area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_Mountain_(TV_series)

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

yes thats true and its the same argument used against guns. Guns kill people. No guns are inanimate so are plants, people kill people, people use plants etc.

You seem to be reading something into my statement that isn't there. I'm not arguing against the legalization of pot, in fact the libertarian in me says it's not the government's business what someone wants to put in their body. I definitely think pot has medical uses, when my mother way dying of cancer I had several doctors tell me pot would help her symptoms, she never tried it though.

I don't buy the argument that it's harmless because it comes from a plant, nor do I think that something should be outlawed just because it can be harmful.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

We all grew up poor by most standards in the same tiny community of mostly ranchers, loggers government workers.

It has a bad effect on kids in the 15-16 year old range , couple that with Over the top video games. Those that do not believe it Google it yourselves.

Look at JeffO for example that should be all you need to know about POT.

Pot takes a toll on any young person using it until they turn around 25. After that the brain is fully developed, but if pot was used previously, you have to live with the damaged caused by it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (1lesfox, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 29 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,025
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.